FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOW TO] Unbrick Moto G 2013! [Falcon, Peregrine] [Lollipop guide]

1,425 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,094

Post Reply Email Thread
Moto G Unbrick Guide

If you're here, this means that you are one of the most (?) owner of a moto G Bricked with Lp bootloader.

This thread is based on the original One , credits for the old guide goes to @oversleeper !

Other important credits:
Thanks to @ilikered for the tools and to @Nitzz for the bat and suggestions/helps to unbrick our Falcon!
A Big Thanks also to @Alberto97 for the corrections on this thread!

I have used a lot of my time to create this and help you
If you want to help me back, a free donation is accepted, of course

Euro Donation

Dollars Donation

Do NOT share anything from this thread. Don't mirror anything without permissions.

Now, let's start from the beginning!

Necessary Stuff:

Riff BOX JTAG drivers + Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider / Mirror
Motorola Drivers (link okay)
New Blankflash files / Mirror (thanks again, ilikered)
Motorola Fastboot / Mirror
Flash5.1.bat.zip / Mirror - Updated 09/06/2016
Logo.bin replacement for unlocked bootloader / Mirror
Moto G (1st Gen) Factory Firmware Images

Procedure
If your Moto G is recognized as "Qualcomm HS-USB QLoader 9008" jump to step 11.
  1. Extract Riff BOX drivers into a folder (you will find both 32bit and 64bit versions).
  2. Open dseo13b.exe and choose "Sign a System File"
  3. Follow the program instructions and write manually the path of qcusbser.sys
  4. The program will ask a reboot.
  5. While starting reboot press F8 until you get some voices, then choice "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" (otherwise try some tricks from here
  6. Click Windows Start button and write "devmgmt.msc" without quotes
  7. From Device Manager window go on "qhsusb_bulk" (if not shown unplug and plug again your Moto G or long press the power button)
  8. Choose "Update Driver Software"
  9. Choose the manually way and put the path of your previously extracted and signed drivers.
  10. Your Moto G is now recognized as "Qualcomm HS-USB QLoader 9008" under Ports (COM & LPT).
  11. Don't disconnect the phone from PC
  12. Extract the blankflash zip into the Desktop
  13. Enter into the blankflash folder and double click on the bat file
  14. Device unbricked!
  15. Let your phone on charge at least for 2 hours on pc, not on wall charger (until you see battery ok instead "low battery")
  16. Extract the rom downloaded previously into a folder that you will protect as your life
  17. Put the Flash5.1 bat file (Included into the Flash5.1 Zip downloaded) and mfastboot files into Rom Folder
  18. (Optional) Replace logo.bin into Rom Folder within the one on Bootlogo.zip
  19. After 2 hours try a reboot (cmd -> mfastboot reboot) and check if it's okay, the battery; otherwise wait another hour.
  20. When your phone shows battery as "okay", you can continue
  21. Go into rom folder
  22. Double click on flash5.1.bat
  23. Press enter when phone complete the reboot on bootloader mode
  24. Wait while cmd do the tasks!
  25. Press enter (again) when asked
  26. Choose it with volume up "normal boot"
  27. Enjoy your Moto G 2013 Back to life!

In case your phone doesn't go on bootloader mode or do weird things:
By @hakneo :

If anyone is not able to connect as Moto Mfastboot mode driver and your battery is not charging through USB as told in guide, this may help.

1. Start up the device manager. Uninstall any UNKNOWN Moto devices.
2. Remove the device cable and Uninstall Motorola Driver software.
3. Restart the PC in normal mode and reinstall the Moto Driver suite.
4. Hold the down volume and connect the cable. Now Windows should install it and your phone will start charging.
Go ahead with the flash.

Note: If you get a bootloop, go back into bootloader mode with phone connected at pc and use again the bat file

Every thanks is appreciated, if this procedure helped you
The Following 126 Users Say Thank You to FabioSan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FabioSan Ad-Free
8th June 2016, 03:08 PM |#2  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Thanks for making the guide!! Great job!!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ilikered For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ilikered Ad-Free
8th June 2016, 03:13 PM |#3  
Flag Heide
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thanks so much, now I have a spare Moto G mainboard ;D
The Following User Says Thank You to Crabsi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Crabsi Ad-Free
8th June 2016, 03:14 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabsi

Thanks so much, now I have a spare Moto G mainboard ;D

I'm glad to help who haven't lost hope until end

I'm pretty destroyed for the guide creation xD
PS: Uploading an I'm-lazy-rar with rom stock 5.1 Retail GB for falcon with fastboot inside and bat
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FabioSan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FabioSan Ad-Free
8th June 2016, 03:19 PM |#5  
Flag Heide
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabioSan

I'm glad to help who haven't lost hope until end

I'm pretty destroyed for the guide creation xD
PS: Uploading an I'm-lazy-rar with rom stock 5.1 Retail GB for falcon with fastboot inside and bat

How long does the upload take?
Nevermind just download the german retail version from filefactory
Edit: Thanks for putting the link for the firmwares into the description! Filefactory sucks :P
8th June 2016, 04:03 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabsi

How long does the upload take?
Nevermind just download the german retail version from filefactory
Edit: Thanks for putting the link for the firmwares into the description! Filefactory sucks :P

I have updated a lot the thread
8th June 2016, 07:02 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have a moto g 4G with hard brick. The computer recognize it as a Qualcomm device but I get a Blank-Flash Reading error reading device. I have tried with the blank-flash in these post and the previous one with the same results.
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrola For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Patrola Ad-Free
8th June 2016, 07:51 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
My Motog is back to life.. but the firmware which i have downloaded and flashed using 5.1.bat file was XT1033_FALCON_ASIA_DS_5.1_LPBS23.13-56-2_cid7_CFC.xml but the android software which is currently in the device is kitkat 4.4.4 GPE.. which my motog tried to install via ota before hardbricking.. how to get back to lollipop 5.1. asia dual sim version
The Following User Says Thank You to varunvijay89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift varunvijay89 Ad-Free
8th June 2016, 09:55 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Now its my turn to bring back my moto G life
8th June 2016, 10:02 PM |#10  
Flag REIMS
Thanks Meter: 369

Donate to Me
More
Your the best !! My Moto G is alive and now, I have two Moto G !!
8th June 2016, 11:48 PM |#11  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrola

I have a moto g 4G with hard brick. The computer recognize it as a Qualcomm device but I get a Blank-Flash Reading error reading device. I have tried with the blank-flash in these post and the previous one with the same results.

Post the exact error please. A pic would help.

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunvijay89

My Motog is back to life.. but the firmware which i have downloaded and flashed using 5.1.bat file was XT1033_FALCON_ASIA_DS_5.1_LPBS23.13-56-2_cid7_CFC.xml but the android software which is currently in the device is kitkat 4.4.4 GPE.. which my motog tried to install via ota before hardbricking.. how to get back to lollipop 5.1. asia dual sim version

You mean it's booting to Kitkat now? What's the bootloader version?

The Following User Says Thank You to ilikered For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ilikered Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lollipop, moto g, unbrick

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)