FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Moto G Bricked?

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Basidialfiddle, Junior Member on 19th February 2018, 05:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi.
A friend gave me his Moto G1 2013 to install Linage OS but I'm really having troubles with it, first of all it doesn't allow me to install TWRP, when I type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img it says that it installs but it doesn't, when I try to boot on it it just doesn't boot, the way I had access to TWRP was typing fastboot boot recovery.img...
When I got in I did the first step when you install a new Custom ROM that is wipe system, cache and dalvik cache, then I tried to install the ROM zip file but it gave me "error 7" I looked for solutions and I found one that is modifying updater-script file, I did it but it gave me another error about mount system, I looked for solutions too and I found one that is modifying file system format to anotherone and then bringing it back to the original format but still having the same error.
After that I decided to go back to stock ROM, I have flashed many times the stock ROM with fastboot commands but it just doesn't boot into the OS, when I try to boot the phone it boots into bootloader again... Any solution to this? Is it a hardware problem? Please help me I'm so embarrased with my friend.

20th February 2018, 09:43 AM |#2  

More
Same thing happened to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basidialfiddle

Hi.
A friend gave me his Moto G1 2013 to install Linage OS but I'm really having troubles with it, first of all it doesn't allow me to install TWRP, when I type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img it says that it installs but it doesn't, when I try to boot on it it just doesn't boot, the way I had access to TWRP was typing fastboot boot recovery.img...
When I got in I did the first step when you install a new Custom ROM that is wipe system, cache and dalvik cache, then I tried to install the ROM zip file but it gave me "error 7" I looked for solutions and I found one that is modifying updater-script file, I did it but it gave me another error about mount system, I looked for solutions too and I found one that is modifying file system format to anotherone and then bringing it back to the original format but still having the same error.
After that I decided to go back to stock ROM, I have flashed many times the stock ROM with fastboot commands but it just doesn't boot into the OS, when I try to boot the phone it boots into bootloader again... Any solution to this? Is it a hardware problem? Please help me I'm so embarrased with my friend.

Hi! I tried something similar with a similar result. I first unlocked my Moto G's bootloader. Then installed TWRP using fastboot. After that I tried flashing Resurrection Remix rom which failed. I've been stuck in a kind of bootloop since then. My handset powers up, finds something wrong, tries to go into recovery, fails and does this over and over again.
Since I am able to boot into bootloader mode, I tried to flash the stock rom by following instructions from this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...7#post47820707
I have tried different variations from many different forums (fora?) all with the same result. Still stuck in the bootloop-thingie.
Btw, I also tried the unbricking guide from this thread
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...alcon-t3394788 without any success. My phone shows up as a Motorola ADB device and also as XT1033 in Device Manager when its plugged in.
Anyone know anything to help me out?
30th March 2018, 10:10 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav.kar

Hi! I tried something similar with a similar result. I first unlocked my Moto G's bootloader. Then installed TWRP using fastboot. After that I tried flashing Resurrection Remix rom which failed. I've been stuck in a kind of bootloop since then. My handset powers up, finds something wrong, tries to go into recovery, fails and does this over and over again.
Since I am able to boot into bootloader mode, I tried to flash the stock rom by following instructions from this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...7#post47820707
I have tried different variations from many different forums (fora?) all with the same result. Still stuck in the bootloop-thingie.
Btw, I also tried the unbricking guide from this thread
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...alcon-t3394788 without any success. My phone shows up as a Motorola ADB device and also as XT1033 in Device Manager when its plugged in.
Anyone know anything to help me out?

Hi, I found the solution time ago, sorry for answering to late, hope I can still be helpful.
Well, what I did is, I booted into TWRP, then I did a total format to the storage, after that I did something kind of crazy, I switched my storage format to anotherone and then I turned it back to how it was before (example: I was on fat32, I switched to exFAT and then I switched again to fat32) after doing that I tried to flash LinageOS and it allowed me, it booted and now my friend has Android Oreo on his Moto G1

Hope it works for you mate, those situations are very frustrating, good luck
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)