my moto g doesn' t boot up after update

Search This thread

ducari3

Jan 26, 2015
Hello,
I've bought a moto g xt1032 for about a year ago. It was working perfectly fine. I rooted my phone and installed the super su app for controlling the root permission. I was waiting to have the android 5.0 lollipop update on this month, and nothing happened. I thought that Lenovo completely forget the moto g.

So, I was trying to update the moto g myself by trying to convert it to gpe version while following this tutorial (I can't post the link because of "The following errors occurred with your submission:
To prevent spam on the XDA forums, ALL new users prevented from posting outside links in their messages. After approximately 10 posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thank you for understanding!") .

After applying the tutorial , everything was fine, my moto g booted up like a nexus phone. But when I went to the system update, and see the new version of android I downloaded it. My phone rebooted and the bugroid install logo with the progress bar appear on the screen. I left my phone alone for a while with the charger connected to it. I came back after around 30 minutes to see if it's done with it and "surprise", my phone appeared like it was off.

I tried to charge it for 30 minutes, hold the power button for more than 120 seconds and and I also pressed the power with the volume down button for the same amount of time, nothing happen even the notification led light never turned on.

When I connected it to my windows computer that have the motorola drivers and device manager on it, nothing happen but the computer emit the USB sound and said that it didn't recognize the USB device. But after connect it and disconnect a few times with 2 hours intervals. The led become solid, flash and then turn off what keeps me optimistic.

I have linux and windows computers and some basic knowledge on computer science, I'm far away from a motorola shop, so I can't go.
Please, help me !

Thank you in advance, your helps are precious.

Last edited:

ducari3

Jan 26, 2015
looking for a solution

Hardbrick. You must wait until a solution comes over, as many other users

There's no solution right now? I'm in a very big trouble, I have to wait for an indefinite time until a solution comes over.

No matter what solutions come over, notify me please. For now, the phone is useless.

ducari3

Jan 26, 2015
It didn't work, the led can still light but nothing happens on the phone. Perchance, do you have any solutions to suggest me other than replacing the motherboard? This solution is expensive, not easy and it has no guarantee.

ducari3

Jan 26, 2015
You should wait until factory image for lollipop will be available. Then this tutorial will help.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7 przy użyciu Tapatalka
But, I can't even go to the bootloader right now, I don't think the lollipop factory image will also configure the bootloader. Whatever happens, please let me know when it's available.

benek1988

Feb 18, 2012
But, I can't even go to the bootloader right now, I don't think the lollipop factory image will also configure the bootloader. Whatever happens, please let me know when it's available.

That's why this tutorial is for you. New factory image will contain bootloader for lollipop - it's necessary to make blank flash ( you corrupted bootloader and blank flash won't work with older version)

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7 przy użyciu Tapatalka

deyerick

May 2, 2013
Jakarta
your phone , absolutly on HARD Brick :D
and we has a same problem,
and what should we do?
just wait for a kidness of motorola to share a lolipop bootloader:angel:

androidsatti

Jan 13, 2012
Actually we are on KitKat 4.4.3/4.4.4 and why should we need lollipop boot loader.

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA Free mobile app

ducari3

Jan 26, 2015
Actually, I was on android 4.4.4 trying to upgrade to lollipop when the trouble happened. It seems that nobody has a solution to this problem.
Its hard to lose $180 of tech in a blink of an eye.