#include "std_disclaimer.h" /* * Your warranty is now (even more) void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will simply grab my popcorn and laugh at you. * * Tl;dr: if your device crashes and burns, and if you get screwed up because of that, it's entirely your fault. */
I suppose yall know that there's a ported rom from titan/thea (IDCrisis) for our Moto G. And I've ported a rom myself (but I don't plan on releasing it >.<). And this kernel is designed to work with any stock-based (read: ported from titan) rom for our device (especially IDCrisis).
But fair warning: don't even think about flashing it on Lollipop.
Sources & Optimizations
- Based on CM13's shared falcon/peregrine/titan/thea sources
- Compiled with Uber Toolchain 4.9.4
- Compiled with -O3 optimization & some more flags (e.g. Pipe flag)
- Optimized ARM RWSEM & Square Root algorithms
- Kernel-side NEON mode
- Some miscellaneous armv7 tweaks
- Ye Olde MPDecision
Extra CPU Governors
- Bioshock No more!!!
Extra I/O Schedulers
- Zen (Default)
- Faux's Sound Control
- Headset High Performance Mode
- Kcal Screen Control
- Dt2w/s2w Nicht mehr!
- State Notifier driver No more!!!
- Adreno Idler
- GPU overclock & underclock (533MHz/100MHz)
- Simplified msm-thermal driver by @kwoktopus Was causing trouble
- Disabled gentle fair sleepers
- USB Fast Charge
- Extra TCP Congestion Controllers
- Compass & Accelerometer drivers now use State Notifier Was causing trouble too
- Fsync enabled by default
- Kexec-hardboot patch (for multirom compatibility)
- Power-efficient workqueues
Ran into issues? Go back to the stock kernel - just download one of these!
New Stock IDCrisis Kernel (Adapted from CM13) - Falcon
New Stock IDCrisis Kernel (Adapted from CM13) - Peregrine
Flashing Instructions (Follow this very carefully!!!):
- Place the zip at the root of your phone's internal storage, i.e. /sdcard (This is very important! If you flash the zip from a subfolder, you'll be left without wi-fi!!! This is a bug on the install script's side. I'll be looking into it.)
- Reboot into recovery
- Flash the zip
(Another way: Reboot into recovery without copying the zip, and flash it via adb sideload)
- Reboot again and have fun!
Coming from another kernel which isn't mine? Don't worry, no need to dirty flash the ROM/kernel anymore. The install script now does all the dirty work for you.
If you wanna tweak stuff, use Kernel Adiutor! (Synapse is NOT supported!)
"Thank You" Section
- Motorola/Lenovo, for putting up them sources
- The CyanogenMod team
- @Flashhhh, his work kinda inspired me to do this
- @lost101, for creating IDCrisis
- @Aayushya, he provided the initial cherry-picks
- @faux123, for Sound Control & Intellithermal
- @savoca, for Kcal Screen Control
- @hurtsky, a huge load of cherry-picks came from his sources
- @Alberto97, for the Linux version bumps (.43 up to .109)
- @kwoktopus, for some more stuff
- Some more fellas whose names I can't remember
KaminariKernel (IDCrisis), Kernel for the Moto G
Source Code: https://github.com/Kamin4ri/Kaminari.../tree/idcrisis
Kernel Special Features: Read above!!!
Current Stable Version: R7
Stable Release Date: 2017-01-02
Current Beta Version: R6 Beta 2
Beta Release Date: 2016-11-01
Last Updated 2017-01-02