[ROM] Official CyanogenMod 14.1 for Falcon (NIGHTLY)

Search This thread

Shaik8927

Jan 11, 2017
Bug alert . plz fix it asap.

The hotspot resets to factory given after closing the settings. Also the performance of the rom is bit slow. I found out that aex rom is a bit smoother than cm14.1. Other all is working fine and best. Loved the rom except that issue and it lags more when i increase the text size. Is it normal or bug . I don't know.
But guys plz fix the performance issue i am trying but i am a noob and i don't know much. Thankyou in advance.

Ranzor11_07

Jan 14, 2017
bugs

1.) the device name for bluetooth and for hotspot resets to the factory settings every time you restart it.
2.) while receiving a call the ringtone is heard but the Rom just hangs and i can't answer the call as the calling screen doesn't come up, and this issue is constant even when there is no other external app installed.
3.) while downloading anything in this Rom it automatically stops and a download failed notification appears.
i am new in this field so i don't know how to post logcats but this was all i could do.
phone:- Moto g (falcon)
rom:- CM14.1 (nightly)

gargvaibhav64

May 5, 2016
Lucknow
1.) the device name for bluetooth and for hotspot resets to the factory settings every time you restart it.
2.) while receiving a call the ringtone is heard but the Rom just hangs and i can't answer the call as the calling screen doesn't come up, and this issue is constant even when there is no other external app installed.
3.) while downloading anything in this Rom it automatically stops and a download failed notification appears.
i am new in this field so i don't know how to post logcats but this was all i could do.
phone:- Moto g (falcon)
rom:- CM14.1 (nightly)
Check if the downloads app has necessary permissions.

brchickery

Dec 17, 2011
Every cm 14 or 7.0 rom I install on my xt1031 has no mobile data. Any idea why I dont get mobile data on 14/7.0 roms? I do have pageplus...

If I flash back to cm13 or any 6.X rom it works right away.

allrightlite

Oct 18, 2016
Google Pixel 3a
Motorola Edge 20
Every cm 14 or 7.0 rom I install on my xt1031 has no mobile data. Any idea why I dont get mobile data on 14/7.0 roms? I do have pageplus...

If I flash back to cm13 or any 6.X rom it works right away.

Have same issue and make my calls with a second phone. Maybe it's a hardware issue. On my phone the sim don't hold in the sim slot again. It's completly dead. You should find a way for you to handle. Maybe old phone just for calls. Good luck!

brchickery

Dec 17, 2011
Have same issue and make my calls with a second phone. Maybe it's a hardware issue. On my phone, the sim doesn't hold in the sim slot again. It's completely dead. You should find a way for you to handle. Maybe old phone just for calls. Good luck!

The thing is, the xt1031 does not have a sim card. I am assuming none of the 14/7.0 ROMs support this model :(

Hoping someone else can prove otherwise!

XinoGreenDanger

Jan 17, 2017
I cant use internal storage

Hi, iḿ from Spain, so sorry 4 my english writing..
I've flash rom in XT1032, the phone has no microsd SLOT, the rom works fine, however i cant download anything to my internal memory, and i cant take photos with anything camera app. (ie: Cyanogen camera needs SD card, but the phone has no slot 4 this card)
I can download apps in plvystore but something like Facebook no, because plvystore download extra files to internal memory. I tried to make new file in some different file explorer apps , but all of them says: No permission in this directory, no sd card, etc... Can anyone help me to able the use of my internal memory, i have 4gb of 8gb (xt1032 memory) free, and i cant take photos. Thanks 4 help.

PD: If I boot in Recovery mode, i can put files in memory, that i can use .
ie: facebook apk download from pc, then i can install it, but i cant use camera apps, etc..
PD2: I have already a condor (xt1021MOTO E), with lineage os 14.1, this phone HAS microSD slot, but if I quit the SD card, has the same problem of moto G XT1032 (This model HAS NO microSDcard slot) THIS IS MY VERY PROBLEM

Last edited:

pierremg

Sep 15, 2010
Hi, iḿ from Spain, so sorry 4 my english writing..
I've flash rom in XT1032, the phone has no microsd SLOT, the rom works fine, however i cant download anything to my internal memory, and i cant take photos with anything camera app. (ie: Cyanogen camera needs SD card, but the phone has no slot 4 this card)
I can download apps in plvystore but something like Facebook no, because plvystore download extra files to internal memory. I tried to make new file in some different file explorer apps , but all of them says: No permission in this directory, no sd card, etc... Can anyone help me to able the use of my internal memory, i have 4gb of 8gb (xt1032 memory) free, and i cant take photos. Thanks 4 help.

PD: If I boot in Recovery mode, i can put files in memory, that i can use .
ie: facebook apk download from pc, then i can install it, but i cant use camera apps, etc..
PD2: I have already a condor (xt1021MOTO E), with lineage os 14.1, this phone HAS microSD slot, but if I quit the SD card, has the same problem of moto G XT1032 (This model HAS NO microSDcard slot) THIS IS MY VERY PROBLEM

Make a clean install using the last CM 14.1. Download here https://download.cyanogenmod.org/get/jenkins/189899/cm-14.1-20161225-NIGHTLY-falcon.zip
This is the only thing I can think of.

stardust1

Nov 13, 2016
Is it possible to downgrade to an earlier nightly? Because GPS and Bluetooth not working with the latest nightly on my falcon.

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member
* * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Let's keep the comments ON-TOPIC (check the title of this thread if you need a reminder)...

If it isn't about THIS CURRENT Rom, it is likely off-topic.

If it is promoting a diff Rom or OS than THIS CURRENT Rom, it is likely disrespectful to post in this thread.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

Aayushya

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2013
Bangalore
Here's something for you guys to deal with till the time I deal with my exams and life.

lineage-14.1-20170119-UNOFFICIAL-falcon

The build's untested, but there's hardly any chance of it not booting.
Don't expect anything to have changed except for the name.
Just thought its good to be updated, so here's a build.

Enjoy! :)

PS: Please don't report bugs to me, I don't have time to fix stuff.

aouerfelli

Jun 22, 2014
Here's something for you guys to deal with till the time I deal with my exams and life.

Haha thanks. I'm going to have to deal with exams a week from now too, so I feel your pain. Hope people don't keep on asking you for updates so you don't regret your decision.

jeff425

Mar 16, 2011
Puchong
Moto G
Huawei P9

Hey buddy. Thanks for the unofficial build. Good luck for your exam. Hope there are more Android developer could develop LineageOS and at least maintain the nightlies build.

Cheers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cyanogenmod.org%2Fwp-content%2Fthemes%2Fcyanogenmod%2Fimages%2Flogo-cid.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    [COLOR="Red"]* Your warranty is now void.[/COLOR]
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The "N" is for Nougat
    some words of wisdom:

1- This is an Android 7.1 Nougat-based release - update your third party addons to ensure compatibility
    2- The CM backupscript.sh in recovery will ignore and remove incompatible applications from your system partition (these are usually non-CM apps that users have opted to install). You must install a compatible app (or app pack) to regain that functionality
    3- You can flash CM14.1 nightlies directly from CM13 snapshot or CM 13 nightlies (no need to wipe, BUT for optimum results, better follow Clean Update procedure explain below.), provided you read and followed items 1 and 2
    ALLERT:
    4- Once one CM14 nightlies, you cannot downgrade back to CM13 – if you are thinking of just exploring the release, then take a backup of your existing installation if you want to go back to it.

5- You’ll need an N compatible recovery, i.e. TWRP 3.0.2-1
    Happy Flashing, :)

Latest features :

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cyanogenmod 14.1 for Falcon, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    matmutant, luca020400, LuK1337, Google, CyanogenMod Team, Motorola
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Firmware Required: CyanogenMod13
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-11-09
    Last Updated 2016-11-19
    Download & Install

LINKs:
    All Downloads
    Nightly Changelog
    OpenGapps choose ARM>7.1>micro/nano/pico (micro might still be too big... unless you use the custom install options that allows you not to install everything from the package)
    Either way, you might want to further customize your installation (both gapps and system apps), refer to this tutorial
    REMEMBER:
    ONLY use TWRP 3.0.2-1 or up
    /!\ Before installing, read post #3. /!\
    HOW TO INSTALL
    Requirements: Unlocked Bootloader, a Nougat compatible Custom Recovery and the Downloaded Zips.
    NB: Since 20161118, with a Lollipop compatible recovery like TWRP 3.0.2-0, you will get stuck to recovery, It is MANDATORY to update to 3.0.2-1.; the following error is still present : E:unknown command [log] but will not prevent install.

1. Place the rom and other like Gapps on the internal Storage or on a USB OTG
    2. Reboot to recovery using the hotkey ( PowerOff+Vol- => With Vol- Go to Recovery => Select the recovery option with Vol+ )
    3. Do Wipes (Data, Cache, Dalvik and System partitions) if you are in a different ROM.
    4. Select the Zips
    5. Swipe to install (if using TWRP)
    6. Reboot and wait 2-3 min
    -Not confirmed for CM14 as of 20161109- Pro-TIP : To avoid GPS locking issue, refer to #Q7 of the CM12 dedicated FAQ

HOW TO DIRTY UPDATE
    1. Download the rom zip using CM Updater or third party apps like CM downloader, CyanDelta...
    2. Press update.
    3. Wait 2-3 min

HOW TO CLEAN UPDATE : this kind of update helps to avoid any update related issues, you can follow this when coming from CM13 and want to keep you personal data.
    1. ProTip : Read the Changelog and disable features that have been updated between your build and the latest build (this is important when Theme features are updated and it could break things)
    2. Download the rom zip on the CM Website or using CM Updater or third party apps like CM downloader, CyanDelta... make sure you have gapps zip on your device
    3. Reboot to recovery using the power menu or the hotkey ( PowerOff+Vol- => With Vol- Go to Recovery => Select the recovery option with Vol+ )
    4. Format /system, /cache and /dalvik-cache (advance format in wipe menu of TWRP); do NOT Wipe DATA!
    5. Select the Zips
    6. Swipe to install
    7. Reboot and wait 2-3 min

Progress on the build
    1.Installing new Ubuntu(Done)
    2.Downloading Software Required to Build(Done)
    3.Syncing Up Repo (Done)
    4.Syncing up Falcon repo(Done)
    5.Building the build (Going On)
    6.Testing
    7.Uploading
    I might upload it by today(midnight) or tomorrow
    Depending on how much the time the whole process take.
    Guys After Lot of Error And Fixes (Was Using Cm-11 Guide and most of the things did not work)
    Finally was able to start the build process, hopefully it get successfully build without any error
    Pray with me.
    Its 11.30 Pm here i will leave it overnight to happen if it will be a success i will upload it by
    tommorow evening (Because of School)
    For Now Here Is a Screenshot,
    Enjoy:)
    Edit-The Build Was not a success
    Made few change and started it again