choose ARM>7.1>micro/nano/pico (micro might still be too big... unless you use the custom install options that allows you not to install everything from the package)
Either way, you might want to further customize your installation (both gapps and system apps), refer to this tutorial
ONLY use TWRP 3.0.2-1 or up
/!\ Before installing, read post #3. /!\HOW TO INSTALL
Requirements: Unlocked Bootloader
, a Nougat compatible Custom Recovery
and the Downloaded Zips.
NB: as with CM14.1, with a Lollipop compatible recovery like TWRP 3.0.2-0, you will get stuck to recovery, It is MANDATORY to update to 3.0.2-1.
; the following error is still present : E:unknown command [log] but will not prevent install.
HOW TO DIRTY UPDATE
- Place the rom and other like Gapps on the internal Storage or on a USB OTG
- Reboot to recovery using the hotkey ( PowerOff+Vol- => With Vol- Go to Recovery => Select the recovery option with Vol+ )
- Do Wipes (Data, Cache, Dalvik and System partitions) if you are in a different ROM.
- Select the Zips
- Swipe to install (if using TWRP)
- Reboot and wait 2-3 min
Same as above, without the need of wiping of reflashing gapps.
HOW TO COME FROM CM13/14?
The Best practice way is to follow the clean install way.
BUT it is also possible to update from CM13/14 using an EXPERIMENTAL data migration build.
Here are the Official recommendations :
As Always, DO A TWRP BACKUP before trashing your device!
- This build will allow you to ‘upgrade’ from CM to the signed LineageOS weekly
- This build may wipe permissions (you’ll have to re-allow app permissions), but should retain all user data
- This build will be watermarked with an ugly banner to ensure that you don’t permanently run this EXPERIMENTAL release, and upgrade to a normal weekly after.
- The process for this installation will be as follows:
- Install EXPERIMENTAL migration build on top of cm-13.0 or cm-14.1 build (don’t try to install LineageOS 13.0 on top of CM 14.1, that will not work).
- Install LineageOS weekly build
- Re-setup your application permissions
Given the EXPERIMENTAL nature of this process, we are going to remove this option in two months time.