You get a preview of the picture, exactly how it would look on your device.
Open Existing Logo.bin files
Open Existing Flashable zip files
Create logo.bin files
Create Flashable zip files
Export images from Logo.bin / Flashable zips.
To use, you just double click on the treeview entries, select your picture, and repeat that process for all of the files that would be in logo.bin You then go to File / Save, and then save either as a .bin file, for flashing using fastboot, or as a Flashable zip file, for flashing using TWRP or CWM. In general, boot_logo is used on a factory locked device, and as a result, you probably should clear that one, as you would be wasting your space. logo_battery is your 0-3% indicator when the battery is run dry, and you plug it in to charge. logo_unlock is the actual boot screen logo you see on unlocked devices.
You can also open existing logo.bin files, wither from zip files, or directly, in order to modify them. Custom mode is for the advanced users, or for cases where a new Motorola device is released, where its logo.bin contains files that are not known. This tool auto-detects whether the file is the pre-kitkit format or not, and pictures that are larger than screen resolution, or in the case of pre-kitkat format, 540x540 is automatically scaled down. Upscaling options are provided, but centering the image is the default selection.
None that I am aware of. If any are found, report them.
The tool will not create any logo.bin files that are greater than 4MiB. This is a device limitation, specifically the logo flash partition is exactly 4MiB in size on all the known devices that I specifically support with this tool. As such, you may have to downscale or reduce the bpp formats of your images, to get them all to fit within the 4MiB. (Moto X Play has 6MiB, and Moto X Style has 8MiB).
Version 2.4 - Released Oct 21, 2015 - Download
- All 3 Moto G listings merged into one listing, due to screen size and logo.bin size being the same across ALL 3 of them.
- Updated the Moto E listing, with the 2nd gen, (no seperate listing due to both generations having same screen size, and same logo.bin max size.)
Version 2.3 - Released Oct 19, 2015
- [new] Added Moto X Play, Moto X Style (Pure), and Moto G 3rd Gen to device list.
- Moto X Play has a 6 MiB logo.bin size
- Moto X Style (Pure) has a 8 MiB logo.bin size
Version 2.2 - Released Sept 15, 2014
- [new] Metadata added to created logo.bin files - The following data is present.
- Version of this program that created the bin file. (was present since Version 2.0)
- Motorola Device Selected
- Motorola Device Resolution
- User Comment
Version 2.1 - Released Sept 9, 2014
- [new] Default logo_charge image predefined, where applicable.
- [new] logo_boot and logo_unlocked are now linked together, unless you load different images for each of them.
- [new] Duplicate images loaded no longer wastes space in logo.bin
Version 2.0 - Released Sept 8, 2014
- [new] Last selected device is now remembered between sessions.
- [new] Added in Moto G 2nd Gen. (2nd gen does not have a logo_charge in its current firmware.)
- [new] Added in Moto X 2nd Gen. (Larger screen in Moto X 2nd Gen, logo_charge and logo_lowpower present. The one thing that bugs me, is that motorola did not expand the logo partition size, still retains it at 4MiB for that device, so one is pretty limited in full screen picture complexity.)
- [fixed] Fixed a few bugs that were introduced in Version 1.9
Version 1.9 - Released Sept 3, 2014
- [new] Added in the stock images for logo_battery, logo_lowpower, and logo_unplug, that the program will put into the logo.bin, if you don't specify a custom logo for these images.
Version 1.8 - Released Aug 30, 2014
- [changed] Turns out Moto G as of the Android Kitkat 4.4.4 OTA update supports logo_charge. Updated accordingly, and put a note in the tool tips on its use case.
Version 1.7 - Released Aug 24, 2014
- [changed] Big performance boost of saving logo.bin/flashable zips.
Version 1.6 - Released Aug 22, 2014
- [fixed] Fixed a null reference bug that happens if you switch logo.bin versions right from program startup, as well as a few other potential null reference bugs.
Version 1.5 - Released Aug 20, 2014
- [changed] More improvements to the logo compression algorithm.
- [new] Added Landscape mode
- [new] Logo fill/Layout options can now be set per image, for example, logo_battery with fill on landscape, and logo_boot with center on portrait.
Version 1.4 - Released Aug 17, 2014
- [changed] Made the device selector a combo box. Each device prepopulates the tree with the logo options available to it, as well as controlling what logo.bin formats are available.
- [fixed] Corrected a bug in 540x540 color encoding/decoding.
- [fixed] Corrected a bug where if 540x540 formats were selected, and you didn't pick an image for at least one of the logos, the process would error out with an exception.
- [new] Added some info to the about box, regarding optional donations via bitcoin or paypal.
Version 1.3 - Released Aug 17, 2014
- [changed] DotNetZip library now statically linked.
- [changed] Source code now lives on Github
Version 1.2 - Released Aug 17, 2014
- [new] Added Support for Raw 540x540x24bpp logo.bin format
- [changed] No longer creates temp files for any of the processes.
- [changed] updater-script and update-binary are now built in.
- [fixed] Loading of images no longer locks them from being renamed/deleted till the program is closed. (They are loaded into program memory.)
- [fixed] logo.bin can now be loaded from any zip file, even if logo.bin is not at root within that zip file, such as from stock firmware zip files.
- [changed] Process of creating zip/bin now outright aborts if there was an error loading every image loaded in the process.
- [changed] An opportunity to abort the process is presented if you try to save bin/zip with no images loaded.
- [new] Tool tips now added on the tree nodes for logo_boot, logo_battery, and logo_unlocked. As I do not have a Moto E, I cannot determine what causes logo_lowpower and logo_unplug to show, to be able to advise on these.
- [new] logo.bin and flashable zips can be dragged and dropped onto the application.
Version 1.1 - Released Aug 16, 2014
- [new] Added Export Image
- [changed] Far fewer temp files created, and the program attempts to clean up after itself.
- [new] Progress info added on file loading
- [fixed] Progress info runs smoother now.
- [new] Now info is displayed as to how much logo.bin is too large by, when the selected images result in too large a logo.bin
Version 1.0 - Released Aug 15, 2014
- Initial Release
[APP] Motorola Boot Logo Maker, App for the Moto G
Source Code: https://github.com/CaitSith2/MotoBootLogoMaker
Current Stable Version: 2.4
Stable Release Date: 2015-10-21
Last Updated 2015-10-21