Well we can now run 64-bit ROMs on our device.
The 64-bit architecture is much more streamlined, more energy efficient and much faster.
There's an app compatibility benefit i.e some apps are built to run pretty well or only on 64bit processors.
Well currently we have to run app_process (system server) as 32bit, mainly cause of sensors non working actually with a 64bit system server ( Thanks to @vache for pointing this out )
What will you need:
- Device Tree : https://github.com/TeamButter/androi...ineage-15.1-64
- Kernel Tree : https://github.com/TeamButter/androi...ineage-15.1-64
- Vendor Tree : https://github.com/TeamButter/propri...ineage-15.1-64
- 64-bit TWRP 3.1.1-0 : https://sourceforge.net/projects/twr...7.img/download ( Thanks to @tywinlannister7 )
- 64-bit LineageOS-15.1 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nnh...w?usp=drivesdk
Got a query? Ask in the thread.
ARM64 Development on athene, ROM for the Moto G4 Plus
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
Last Updated 2018-05-18