NOTE: This thread is best viewed on a desktop browser like Microsoft Edge/ Google Chrome/etc.
1. FULLY DE-ODEXED by smali-2.2.0 and baksmali-2.2.0 .
2. FULLY DE-BLOATED
3. ZIP-ALIGNED ALL SYSTEM AND FRAMEWORK APPS
4. March 1 Security patch & Android Nougat 7.0
ALLEGED PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS THAN STOCK NPJ25.93-14:
1. Faster in general UI performance.
2. Apps will use less storage and memory because the ROM is deodexed, debloated and zipaligned.
3. More battery efficiency as claimed by the update npjs25.93-14-4 + point 2.
4. A bit less of heating than stock owing to debloat.
1. TWRP 3.1 by @oadam11: Post 2 of Ground Zero ROMs thread for athene
2. ROM: Android File Host Link
3. SuperSU v2.79 SR3: [BETA]SuperSU v2.79 SR3 thread
4. Magisk v12 : Magisk Release Thread
5. Magisk Terminal Debloater v4 module/script: Download manually here from this Thread or from the Download section under Magisk Manager App.
6. ElementalX Kernel v1.04 for Stock N ROM: ElementalX Kernel thread for athene
7. Vegito Kernel v6.5 for Stock N ROM: Vegito Kernel Thread
1. Make appropriate backups in TWRP.
2. Wipe System, Data, Cache and ART Cache.
3. Install the ROM. (No need for GApps)
5. Update Google Play Store via tapping on version in Play store settings and after that update the Google Play services.
6. Update all the apps and reboot once.
Simply because some people want MagiskSU and some want SuperSU. Moreover rooting would require changing the kernel to ElementalX or Vegito as there was no root exploit in stock N kernel.
1. Settings app MAY crash if you open the Apps section. If you want to configure the default apps tap the gear icon immediately.
Getting it to work is pure LUCK. Sorry I have no fix for it. Happens only to me idk why. No one else reported this.
WARNING: IF YOU DIRECTLY FLASH SOME SU MANAGER YOUR DEVICE WON'T BOOT.
1. Take appropriate backups in twrp (Boot partition recommended).
2. Flash ElementalX kernel v1.04 for Stock ROM or Vegito Kernel v6.5.
3. Reboot (Optional).
4. Flash your desired su manager (Magisk v12 or SuperSU v2.79 SR3).
5. Reboot (Incase of SuperSU boot process will loop once).
6. Update the Magisk Manager/ SuperSU from PlayStore(If needed).
DON'T TRY INSTALLING ANY FUTURE OFFICIAL OTA FROM MOTOROLA ON THIS ROM. FLASH STOCK NOUGAT FROM HERE IF NEED BE. I have already removed the '3c_ota' app using the magisk terminal debloater script, although, if you get any update via the OTA app, don't try installing it.
SUBSTRATUM/OMS Support won't be possible on this ROM as it is based on prebuilt system images instead of some raw source code. Legacy mode may work with root. Do not report bugs for the same. I'm not responsible for the consequences of themeing.
This ROM will NOT upgrade your BOOTLOADER and PARTITION TABLE. They'll remain the same as NPJ25.93-14 (Dec 1 Patch) unless you had flashed the March 1 patch in stock recovery.
Hello moto sound and boot animation works fine
1. @kosmasgr for the TWRP backup.
2. @Swapney Raul for testing the ROM.
3. @oadam11 for TWRP 3.1.0
4. @Chainfire for SuperSU.
5. @topjohnwu for Magisk.
6. @veez21 for Magisk Terminal Debloater.
7. @flar2 for ElementalX kernel.
8. @Dreamstar for Vegito kernel
9. XDA for the amazing dev portal.
10. Motorola for the device. (Ik many of you hate Lenovo)
11. Google ofc for Android and the open source community.
12. Android File Host for hosting the downloads.
If I missed anyone..do PM for the same.
Do check out the bootlogos/splash screens I have made for athene.
1. Custom ROM help thread.
2. For further assistance, you can message at Telegram: Personal or Community.
HIT THANKS IF YOU LIKED IT.
RevivorOS, ROM for the Moto G4 Plus
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock N 93-14-4
Based On: Stock ROM
Last Updated 2019-11-22