It's a beautiful OS developed by the Jolla and the mer team. The UI is totally gesture based. So say good bye to your boring Android navigation bar. The OS is fast and butter smooth with zero lags. This is a totally new experience and certainly a delightful one from the same old boring mundane Android which has had almost the same UI since 5.0.
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * Thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * Before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * You point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Download Sailfish OS –
Copy above downloaded zip files on your Moto G4 Plus sdcard location.
1) Calling, SMS
7) Wifi Hotspot
8) Dual SIM
9) Mobile Internet ( For Jio,go to Settings -> Cellular network -> Under Jio Sim open Data access point -> enter connection name jionet and choose Protocol Dual )
10) Jolla Store (Partially) (need to rename or delete following repo from device etc/zypp/repos.d/ssu_adaptation0_release.repo follow the process mentioned for 3rd number bug to remove the repo. Then access jolla store, it will work now with limited applications.
Please note, this is a BETA release. This ROM has some bugs and I will look forward to fix them in future.
1. Bluetooth some times misbehaving
2. Android apps are not supported
3. Screen turns off while making any calls or received any calls (Press Power + Vol UP or Down to access dial pad) Due to Proximity Sensor issue call progress screen gets off (Possible Workaround follow the steps below :-
Connect to internet,
set the ssh password in developer tools
open terminal application
type following commands carefully
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ devel-su (it will ask password which you have saved in Developer Tools,
[root@Sailfish repos.d]# mv /etc/zypp/repos.d/ssu_adaptation0_release.repo /home/nemo/ ssu_adaptation0_release.repo.bkp
[root@Sailfish repos.d]# rm -rf /etc/zypp/repos.d/ssu_adaptation0_release.repo
[root@Sailfish repos.d]# zypper in mce-tools
[root@Sailfish repos.d]# mcetool --set-ps-mode=disabled
Now try to access dial screen
4. Proximity Sensor issue
5. On miscall it produce 3 loud beeps (Not found any fix yet to resolve this issue)
6. Reboot and Shutdown is not properly working (Need to keep pressing Power Button for 2-3 mins.)
Flashing process – (Flash Lineage OS first then Sailfish OS – Follow the below given steps)
1. Boot in TWRP recovery
2. Backup your existing OS with all partitions to /sdcard location and keep this backup safe on your pc or other location before proceed further
3. Wipe cache, dalvik cache, system, data.
4. Flash downloaded Lineage OS 13.1 zip file
5. Go back (TWRP Home screen), Click on Mount and uncheck Data only
6. Now go back, Click Install, select SailfishOS zip and flash it.
7. Once flash gets complete reboot
Reboot will take some time. (There is no boot animation so you will not able to see any logo or animation during boot)
UPDATE : - SFOS 126.96.36.199 Alpha Build download link
Whats Working : Call, Messages, Camera, Bluetooth, Headphone, Browser, Gallery etc..
Whats Not Working : Some time boot loops (Unable to Fix Yet), Video Recording, Unable to detect SIMs on first boot.
UPDATE 1 :- to avoid boot loops, unlink wlan-module-load.service as mentioned below,
UPDATE 2 SFOS-188.8.131.52 Alpha3 build --> https://drive.google.com/open?id=10k...X8J1iI-_YwwKYj
Whats Working : Call, Messages, Camera, Wi-FI, Bluetooth, Headphone, Browser, Gallery etc..
Whats Not Working : Video Recording, some times unable to detect SIMs on first boot (reboot it so it will detect sim )
Latest SFOS 184.108.40.206 is here
Alpha1 download link --> http://drive.google.com/open?id=1lxn...2pB7SlKYMbQckI
Download Lineage OS 13.1 –
Whats Working --> Call, Messages, Camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Headphone, Browser, Gallery etc..
Whats Not Working --> Camera auto-focus and Video recordings
If you liked my work, please support me by donating.
Watch the installation process at
Sailfish OS 220.127.116.11, ROM for the Moto G4 Plus
mukesht, Mister_Magister, mal, Shreps, murigny64, sledges, r0kk3rz, saidinesh5, krnlyng, PseudoDev and other great peoples of #sailfishos-porters channel, jolla team
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: 6.0.x Marshmallow (can be working with 7.0 Nougat firmware also)
Current Beta Version: Beta1
Beta Release Date: 2017-09-05
Last Updated 2018-06-13