Root and Install TWRP on Moto G4 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cool_sid

Nov 17, 2013
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
Hello everyone.... There is no specific post on rooting and unlocking the bootloader here so I thought I'd rather post it....
So let's begin....

mod edit as per original author

Attachments

• BETA-SuperSU-v2.66-20160103015024.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 7,707
Last edited by a moderator:

cool_sid

Nov 17, 2013
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
No disaster buddy.... you don't understand.... it all works but since I don't have busy box.... it doesn't work for lucky patcher... I'll just install it n also send screenshots of my root access with Root Checker.....
OK?

cool_sid

Nov 17, 2013
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
I don't understand why you people say it.... it booted on my Moto G4 Plus.....

Attachments

• PicsArt_05-27-02.06.02.jpg
    PicsArt_05-27-02.06.02.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 5,204
Reactions: manojkumar8552

julioolares

May 12, 2015
Bootloader unlocked, TWRP done..
Now im doing backup for in case of someting goes wrong... im about to flash superSU and i will tell you if yes or no.. im doing the sacrifice !! LOL

Reactions: Rastrok Flowerkz
Y

yeshwanthvshenoy

Hello everyone.... There is no specific post on rooting and unlocking the bootloader here so I thought I'd rather post it....
So let's begin....

What you need:
1) Laptop/PC with Internet running Windows
2)Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus USB driver,?*Minimal ADB, and Fastboot tool driver.
3) USB cable
4) Patience

How to unlock the?*bootloader of Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus

a) Before proceedings make sure that your device is at least 70% charged.

b) Enable USB Debugging by going into Setting> About Phone and tap on build number for 8 times. This should unlock Developer Options. Now get into Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
c) Install?*Minimal ADB,?*Fastboot Tools, and?*Moto G4 or Moto G4 Plus Driverson your PC.

d) Now go to the folder where Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tools are present (must be somewhere in C drive). Now open Command Prompt by pressingShift Key + Right Mouse Button?*and select Open Command Window here.

e) Now switch off your phone. Then press Volume up + Power Key together. You will get into Fastboot Mode. Now connect it to the PC via USB cable.

f) Now type the following command into the Command Window to check if your phone is properly connected and is detected by PC or not.
fastboot devices

g) Now you need the unlock data to unlock the bootloader. Type the following command into the Command Window
fastbootoemget_unlock_data

h) It will display a long string which you need to copy into notepad, remove all the spaces which are present and save it somewhere.

i) Now go to?*Motorola official website. Create an account if you don’t have any. Log in to the account and go to the Unlock Bootloader option and paste the string which you copied in the notepad earlier.

j) Now click on Can my device be unlocked. Select I Agree and then Request Unlock Code. You should receive a mail from Motorola with similar codes within few minutes.

k) Now copy those codes, open Command Window and type the following commands
fastboot OEM unlock (insert the code without braces)

l) Now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader and now you can install recovery.

Though it's pretty much sufficient but if you ask... I'll post some screenshots of the process as well......
Don't hesitate to ask if stuck anywhere....

???????? Install TWRP ON MOTO G4 PLUS

To install TWRP on moto G4 Plus... Refer to this XDA link

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&s...mQxu4hgzMGQnN1dQQ&sig2=BEagC-mbHleWiRHg85zLyA

How to root Moto G4 And Moto G4 Plus

a) Download?*BETA-SuperSU.zip ?*file and place it into the root of your memory card (Attached along)

b) Get into recovery mode by pressing Power + Volume Down button.
c) Once you are in recovery select Install from SD card option and browse the SuperSU.zip file. Select Yes to install and wait until the flashing is done.

d) Now select Restart option from the recovery and wait for the device to boot up.

Go to Google Play and download the Root Checker app to check the root status. If root checker app says root access available then Enjoy you have rooted your Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus.

Now you have ROOTED and have installed a custom recovery on your Moto G4 Plus....

Just Hit the thanks if you like the post

Ask me for screenshots if you want them (forgot to take them but will get them u want).......

I have no idea how this thread is different from the one over here : http://xdaforums.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/guide-newbie-resource-thread-t3386584/

If you have found the way to root, post it there itself or in the Chainfire's thread, why bother creating a new thread to teach people the same thing again and again? Please try searching before posting.

And these lines my friend clearly say you didn't even attempt to search through :
So let's begin....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Closing down thread. Please don't make anyone here as a guinea pig.. Prove it yourself first before releasing the tutorial to the public. You are just causing too much harm..
    So let's begin....

mod edit as per original author
    Bootloader unlock works.... but I'm still working trying to make Lucky patcher work to confirm root access

Dont Post Threads which leads to disasters !!!
    confirm first and make it live. !!!
    Bootloader unlock works.... but I'm still working trying to make Lucky patcher work to confirm root access
    I don't understand why you people say it.... it booted on my Moto G4 Plus.....