FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How do I install OS in MOTO G4 Plus(Andriod) without using fastboot and TWRP?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By chintu008, Junior Member on 16th May 2019, 07:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've tried to upgrade the rom in MOTO G4 Plus using TWRP version of 3.2.1.0 and during installation process I wiped out the existing android 7.0.1 without backup(understood the cost of backups now). As I faced error while installing android 9.0.1 with error 255 code because of TWRP some upgrade issue couldn't complete the installation process successfully.

I tried multiple ways to upgrade TWRP which was not successful and even fastboot commands aren't working now. Whenever I try fastboot + combinational command like devices and etc it goes into an infinite loop with an error code iterator not found. After a good amount of search found about ADB and happily can connect to my device using ADB now. Then started trying with multiple options like adb side load after reading multiple forum answers and posts I did pushed a rom to scared/data/media after reading this forum NEED HELP: Accidentally deleted OS in TWRP/Cant install Rom which was successfully pushed but didn't do any thing nor I couldn't understand what to do after pushing it.

Then started search again to install stock rom in any different ways before coming here and stumbled at this question which is similar did read the question and included forum post in it to go start the process when I did download stock rom stock rom download couldn't find any flashall.sh file to start the process

Now I'm stuck and couldn't find better place to find a working solution for this situation. Can somebody help me? What can I do while my phone is in this state?
 
 
16th May 2019, 08:30 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
can someone please help me out from this situation
16th May 2019, 09:37 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Plymouth
Thanks Meter: 1,968
 
More
Do you still have access to TWRP on your device? If so, what ROM did you push to your device? You might like to try with a TWRP flashable like the stock ROM Oreo flashable https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...-test-t3873367 and follow the instructions to install it (i.e. push to your device, or copy to an SD card, then tap install in TWRP to flash it to your device). This TWRP flashable should work on your TWRP version since it's 32 bit.

The stock ROM download would still require fastboot, so I'm not sure why your fastboot is not working. What fastboot are you using (is it minimal ADB/fastboot or the Google ADB) and have you downloaded/installed the Motorola USB drivers as well? https://support.motorola.com/us/en/drivers

(As you probably found out, error 255 when flashing custom Oreo or Pie ROMs means that your TWRP is 32 bit, whereas the custom ROM requires a 64 bit TWRP. What 64 bit TWRP are you flashing that are not successful, and how are you flashing the 64 bit TWRP, via fastboot or in TWRP?)
The Following User Says Thank You to echo92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift echo92 Ad-Free
17th May 2019, 12:23 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo92

Do you still have access to TWRP on your device? If so, what ROM did you push to your device? You might like to try with a TWRP flashable like the stock ROM Oreo flashable https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...-test-t3873367 and follow the instructions to install it (i.e. push to your device, or copy to an SD card, then tap install in TWRP to flash it to your device). This TWRP flashable should work on your TWRP version since it's 32 bit.

The stock ROM download would still require fastboot, so I'm not sure why your fastboot is not working. What fastboot are you using (is it minimal ADB/fastboot or the Google ADB) and have you downloaded/installed the Motorola USB drivers as well? https://support.motorola.com/us/en/drivers

(As you probably found out, error 255 when flashing custom Oreo or Pie ROMs means that your TWRP is 32 bit, whereas the custom ROM requires a 64 bit TWRP. What 64 bit TWRP are you flashing that are not successful, and how are you flashing the 64 bit TWRP, via fastboot or in TWRP?)

HI Echo92,

Thanks a ton and you are really awesome. It worked and I'm really thankful to you again Echo.

For the later questions:
I haven't been using the 64bit TWRP for flashing this Custom Pie ROM which was my mistake. I was using 32bit and doing on TWRP directly. What version of TWRP should I use in order to install the Custom Pie ROM I've mentioned in this reply Echo? Could you please share the link or help me with the version.


Thanks a ton and ahead again Echo.
17th May 2019, 01:03 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Plymouth
Thanks Meter: 1,968
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu008

HI Echo92,

Thanks a ton and you are really awesome. It worked and I'm really thankful to you again Echo.

For the later questions:
I haven't been using the 64bit TWRP for flashing this Custom Pie ROM which was my mistake. I was using 32bit and doing on TWRP directly. What version of TWRP should I use in order to install the Custom Pie ROM I've mentioned in this reply Echo? Could you please share the link or help me with the version.


Thanks a ton and ahead again Echo.

Try https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...oject-t3842903 or https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...touch-t3722206

Both are 64 bit TWRP recoveries. You should be able to download them to your device, then install them via your existing TWRP recovery. Reboot to recovery then flash the 64 bit custom ROM and the relevant 64 bit (arm64) GApps package.
18th May 2019, 03:22 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo92

Try https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...oject-t3842903 or https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...touch-t3722206

Both are 64 bit TWRP recoveries. You should be able to download them to your device, then install them via your existing TWRP recovery. Reboot to recovery then flash the 64 bit custom ROM and the relevant 64 bit (arm64) GApps package.

I Tried to install both TWRP with fastboot but unfortunately my fastboot is not yet working Echo. It is looping infinite times when I tried any commands with fastboot.
18th May 2019, 03:43 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Plymouth
Thanks Meter: 1,968
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu008

I Tried to install both TWRP with fastboot but unfortunately my fastboot is not yet working Echo. It is looping infinite times when I tried any commands with fastboot.

As I mentioned, did you try to flash the recovery whilst booted into TWRP, instead of using fastboot? You should be able to install the zip then reboot to the recovery, then you should have 64 bit TWRP.

Quote:

From presently installed TWRP on the device:
* Copy the .img file to your phone and reboot to recovery
* Tap Install > Choose Flash Image > Navigate to the path where you copied the .img file and choose it.
* Choose Recovery Partition
* After the install being successful, go to home and tap Reboot > Reboot Recovery.
At this point, twrp should greet you and after you allow modifications, do whatever you want to.*

Credit to https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...touch-t3722206
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes