Discussion : Most stable oreo ROM right now

Search This thread

CMKdaGreatest

Nov 6, 2017
Hey!
I've been using Nougat for a long time now and I finally want to switch to Oreo. So I've opened a discussion where users can suggest the best Oreo ROM according to their experience and why.
Let's go!

Reactions: shrinidhi2508

Ayan Uchiha Choudhury

Dec 30, 2013
Barrackpore
This is very subjective, and honestly right now i feel all oreo ROMs are at the same level of development. Bugs are common everywhere. The only ROM which can be told to be better than the rest is omni rom since it is the only rom with enforcing seLinux. Otherwise every ROM is at the same level. and it depends on user whether they like Lineage os or RR or XYZ

Blueman1990

Sep 18, 2017
Mumbai
best , no one is best in custom rom it's depand on your what future you like or dislike so many rom are present for athene like los,rr,du,candy,pe,aex,crdroid etc all are best in his performance and future if you like more customization then go to rr and if you want to stock oreo exprince then definetly los is good and other also present and also smooth

Reactions: strongst

CMKdaGreatest

Nov 6, 2017
Uhh.....I said your opinion based on your experience. I've heard these answers before man. Everyone says this. But I need you guys to tell me what you guys have been using and why it is good.

corlatemanuel

Jul 8, 2015
Now there's a question about stability and performance that I would like to adress specifically to the 32-bit users.

How would you compare them to 64-bit in terms of smoothness?
I am currently looking for an AOSiP replacement, but many ROMs have suddenly turned their heads to 32-bit, which on Oreo has only given me bad experiences, having tried AIM, Cosmic OS 32-bit, Candy and Omni without managing to even get past the setup wizard because of the lag. Actually, I used Omni in a while but it became so laggy that I could barely unlock the screen or open an app. On Candy ROM I managed to get to the homescreen after 30 minutes, but it was still unusable even after letting it sit for another 30 minutes. 64-bit though was always buttery smooth, but after a while would have RAM problems. So what were your experiences with 32-bit so far?

Reactions: clonechill

CMKdaGreatest

Nov 6, 2017
Now there's a question about stability and performance that I would like to adress specifically to the 32-bit users.

I am currently looking for an AOSiP replacement, but many ROMs have suddenly turned their heads to 32-bit, which on Oreo has only given me bad experiences, having tried AIM, Cosmic OS 32-bit, Candy and Omni without managing to even get past the setup wizard because of the lag. Actually, I used Omni in a while but it became so laggy that I could barely unlock the screen or open an app. On Candy ROM I managed to get to the homescreen after 30 minutes, but it was still unusable even after letting it sit for another 30 minutes. 64-bit though was always buttery smooth, but after a while would have RAM problems. So what were your experiences with 32-bit so far?
No idea.....I use RR 64 Bit 6.0.0 ROM
I once flashed 32 bit Omni Rom. It was laggy and the idea of installing gapps terrified me, so I instantly switched

abhi212b

Feb 16, 2016
Noida
www.youtube.com
Opengapps 32 bit have some pet issues... Around in pico version! Has anyone tried nano version of it?
Also you can disable setup wizard of gapps but typing a command whole in twrp.. It had been mentioned in the aim rom thread! Use the search button, you'll get it.. And use that command to get rid of the setup..
About the lag, i am not sure if the live display is working now on oreo, however, you should turn it off as it causes a lot of lags.. In my personal usage i never found any 32 bit lagging..
I tried lineage, aim rom both.. They would have become better now, as i used them when they were absolutely new... I am sticking to invicta right now as my dad uses the phone now and also camera is still buggy on oreo! :D
Lineage is total stock and hence good performance... Ram availability.. Aim rom gives a very nice ui.. Along with good customizations.. :) i think we should stick to 32bit.. Right now.. 64bit still needs a bit of work! But that's just my opinion.. :D

corlatemanuel

Jul 8, 2015
So, I flashed RR 32-bit as AOSiP became buggy, and I must say, I'm impressed. The ROM is as smooth in the 32-bit variant as it was in the 64-bit one, and the bugs are minimal. Wish I knew what the problem that causes lag on Omni is, that way I could use it as my mainly driver, since it's development moves at a faster rate, all thanks to @golden-guy. Really, if it wasn't for him, Oreo ROMs wouldn't be usable as daily drivers.

golden-guy

Oct 6, 2013
Vienna
So, I flashed RR 32-bit as AOSiP became buggy, and I must say, I'm impressed. The ROM is as smooth in the 32-bit variant as it was in the 64-bit one, and the bugs are minimal. Wish I knew what the problem that causes lag on Omni is, that way I could use it as my mainly driver, since it's development moves at a faster rate, all thanks to @golden-guy. Really, if it wasn't for him, Oreo ROMs wouldn't be usable as daily drivers.

First, thanks for the kudos. In fact, there's a handful of good guys around here that do a superb job.

Before going OT here, I would like to understand what causes lags for you so that I can address them eventually. Can you come over and explain details in my ROM thread?

CMKdaGreatest

Nov 6, 2017
I tried Aim ROM and it was good, but there was issues of random power-off. RR also has issues of random reboot which was fixed by the L-Speed mod but that consumed a lot of battery. So I reverted to stock ROM now. Any advice related to Oreo ROMs guys?

krishna8691

Oct 22, 2016
Mumbai

hey have you tried bootleggers rom ? no lags at all infact buttery smooth for me and a very good battery backup overall its a great rom and extra ui styles made it more special

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Background:
    I have 3GB model which is neither here nor there in terms of memory. It fares better than 2GB models for obvious reasons. It still falls prey to memory leaks, even on 32bit ROMs. This should definitely soothe 2GB model users. We're in the same boat.

My usual treatment of any ROM:
    1) Wipe clean old ROM along with internal memory,
    2) Install with pico gapps if possible,
    3) Don't use any type of backup except settings (not even this if a ROM has issues with FP) and contacts,
    4) Remove unnecessary system apps eg. TTS, Google+, Gallery...
    5) Use a custom kernel, ExKM/AKT and magisk core only.

I've tried many Oreo ROMs since it was offered here. I have disregarded ROMs with old SP for simplicity. I prefer ROMs with at least two updates as it shows commitment by dev. This is not a one time affair. A shoutout to @jer194 for his excellent support project.

Let's dive right into it.
    In terms of performance, none come near AEX, be it 32/64bit. But, it's not official, so it has some major bugs (no fault of current devs lol)
    1) No safetynet, not even basic
    2) Sync not possible in some cases

Next in level* is RR64 by Joshua and AICP official.
    Perfect ROMs except for little FCs, memory leaks and sudden UI crash/reboot.

Just started using AOSCP64 by AUC. It has come leaps and bounds from first build.

Next in tier* is LOS by Nikit(32b), Omni etc.
    Good ROMs, but lag a bit as they are 32bit. Not spoilt when it comes to custom kernels or a bit of customization. (Absolutely no fault of devs. It is what it is.) Still there is tiny lag. They do their job well though.

For me, following factors impact performance of a ROM
    1) inherent ROM's no. of FCs (it in itself us not important, but it shows strong correlation to lag free UI and ROM management),
    2) custom kernel's availability,
    3) use of ExKM or AKT,
    4) Lesser use of Gapps, smaller the better. None if you could!
    5) Compatibility with different apps e.g. Substratum, Night light, etc.

You'll never get a good performance out of a ROM if you
    1) reside in an area with patchy network (RIP battery- Love, mobile standby)
    2) use fast charge daily. Give it a rest for a day or two.
    3) install butload of apps with major issues showing up in betterbatterystats. Sort it out. Use what is essential.
    4) use magisk for LOS based ROMs. Not a good mix. Try los su zip if you don't need to hide root.
    5) never read corresponding thread for guidelines. It's there for a reason.

Stray remarks:
    1) Can't please everyone @golden-guy and @Jleeblanch. Do your own thing. Ask for pointers from @Nikit.
    2) Use TWRP64 latest version and GCam by @rajatgupta1998. It works. Stop crying.
    3) At least read one last page/OP first. It's highly probable you'll find a solution to your issues.
    4) Titan has better Oreo ROMs than Athens. Keep faith in devs. Your time will come.
    5) Some guys get on my nerves and I don't even code! Can't even imagine how devs might feel about it. SMH

* levels/tiers are like 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 ... rather than 1, 2, 3... It's damn too close to call. They are all subjective to my likings/needs, device and as mentioned above a few(!) factors. I above all appreciate all the devs, testers and other people who contribute to the forum.
    This is very subjective, and honestly right now i feel all oreo ROMs are at the same level of development. Bugs are common everywhere. The only ROM which can be told to be better than the rest is omni rom since it is the only rom with enforcing seLinux. Otherwise every ROM is at the same level. and it depends on user whether they like Lineage os or RR or XYZ
    Havoc.

Look like Pie
    Rare reboots
    Smooth
    Best for 32b variant

I second that. Havoc is currently the best. Being 32 bit, there's not much lag or memory leaks like the 64 bit ROMs.
    RR & Havoc-OS

I have personally used
    Havoc-OS - https://sourceforge.net/projects/ha...avoc-OS-20180812-athene-Official.zip/download and
    RR v6.1.0 - https://sourceforge.net/projects/re...0-20180612-athene-ARM64-Official.zip/download

First I have installed RR and after two weeks I moved to Havoc-OS because of lagging issues and random reboots. It might be due to substratum and unwanted overlays turned on, which I am not sure of. After moving to Havoc-OS, I have installed substratum and I was facing a similar lag, but no random reboot. I have installed GPU-OC from https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2146692 after lots of research, which is said to set the gpu frequency to somewhere around 405. I think this helped the ROM to become stable.

However, in both ROMs, I have faced the following issues.
    1. camera app 'can't connect to camera' error
    2. issues in switching to front/rear/video camera
    3. alternate green photos in almost all camera apps.
    I think Lineage 32 bit is more stable than other Oreo ROMs.