If you are on NPJ25.93-11/12/14 (non-soak test Nougat), you MUST flash the ElementalX kernel (link) after step 4. Make sure to backup the stock kernel before proceeding.
I'm glad we're among the first ones to get updated to Nougat but what about root? Just follow this guide and enjoy!
- An unlocked bootloader is required.
- Download Fastboot and install/extract it to a folder.
- Download TWRP and put it in the same folder as fastboot.
- Download phh's SuperUser (thread) zip file, open the zip file and then inside you will find config.txt. The default content is Code:
eng verity cryptCode:
eng noverity nocrypt
- Power off your device.
- Boot into bootloader mode (Vol Down + Power).
- Connect your phone to your PC with USB and flash TWRP using the following command: Code:
fastboot.exe flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-athene.img
- Boot into TWRP by using volume buttons to navigate and power button to select "Recovery Mode".
- Install/flash superuser.zip within TWRP.
- Install the phh's SuperUser app from Play Store.
- Enjoy your root!