FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Stock N/O Firmware [Apr 01/Dec 01 Security Patch][fastboot][7.0/8.1]

1,022 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,847

Post Reply Email Thread
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that happens as a result of flashing these files.

Latest Build Nougat:NPJS25.93-14-18 Tested on: All retail variants: XT1621, XT1622, XT1640, XT1641, XT1642, XT1643, XT1644
Latest Build Oreo: OPJ28.111-22 Tested on: All retail variants: XT1621, XT1622, XT1640, XT1641, XT1642, XT1643, XT1644

Note: Motorola doesn't allow downgrading so once u flash O via OTA/Fastboot it isn't recommended to go back to N or any older build than OPJ28.111-22 .

Downloads:
Stock N: ATHENE_NPJS25.93-14-18_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip | Lollinet Mirror
Stock O: ATHENE_OPJ28.111-22_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip | Lollinet Mirror

Note: If you're looking for a TWRP flashable version instead, please download that zip from the thread below, thanks to @Jleeblanch for providing this zip. Keep in mind that you can't take OTAs on this version as you'll be having TWRP and these zips don't upgrade your bootloader/gpt.

[ROM] TWRP Flashable Stock Firmware [7.0][8.1.0]

Procedure:

You must already have ADB and fastboot setup, check here if you haven't already as using adb/fastboot isn't within the scope of this thread.
How to Install ADB on Windows, macOS, and Linux

1. Download the file and extract the zip archive
2. Extract all the files to your fastboot folder. (Not needed if you have adb and fastboot added to the path, if you want to know how to do this, check this guide: How to Use ADB or Fastboot From Any Directory on your Windows/Linux PC)
3. Restart the device in fastboot/bootloader mode and connect to your PC.
4. Make sure the system detects the device in fastboot mode, to verify this your command window/terminal shows a serial number when you type:
Code:
fastboot devices
5. Use the following commands now or you can use the flash scripts provided as attachments to this post:

NOTE: SKIP the oem lock begin and the oem lock commands if you dont want to lock your bootloader

Linux users will need to change the extension to .sh and add sudo before each command or directly run it as a root user .

To simply flash, run the "OEM Flash" file; to lock the bootloader, run "OEM Lock" file.

Manual method:

Code:
fastboot oem lock begin
fastboot oem lock begin
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
fastboot flash oem oem.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase customize (optional: will erase any customizations if ordered through motomaker)
fastboot erase clogo (optional: will erase the custom boot logo if ordered through motomaker)
fastboot oem lock
fastboot reboot

Note: Many people have reported than flashing stock ROM after flashing a 64 bit Pie custom ROM leads to loss of IMEI. Just in case this happens to you, the fix has been made available by @Heeth21 . Also, some people suffer from having messed up Baseband, fingerprint detection or wrong IMEIs. Checkout both the threads here:

[Guide] [XT16XX] [Solve] Moto G4/Plus IMEI=0 issue.

[Guide] [XT16XX] [Solve] G4+ Baseband/Network/Volte issue, Lost 1 IMEI & fingerprint

For someone who has hardbricked his device , please refer to the following thread to get the raw bootloader and partition table and then flash the ROM as mentioned above.

[GUIDE] Moto G4 Plus HardBrick SOLVED - ULTIMATE UNBRICKING GUIDE

Credits:
TeamReviver
Motorola Mobility LLC
Sourceforge
XDA-Developers
Attached Files
File Type: zip flash-script.zip - [Click for QR Code] (638 Bytes, 39950 views)
The Following 163 Users Say Thank You to rajatgupta1998 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rajatgupta1998 Ad-Free

17th May 2017, 05:52 PM |#2  
Flag Argentina
Thanks Meter: 200

More
Thanks OP, i have a question, i am right now using NPJ25.93-11 from november 2016 on my XT1641. Can i just enter those commands:

Quote:

fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2

without loose any data? thanks in advance.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moonlightdrive For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift moonlightdrive Ad-Free
17th May 2017, 05:55 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
was looking forward to this, thank you OP!
17th May 2017, 06:17 PM |#4  
Flag Plymouth
Thanks Meter: 1,837

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightdrive

Thanks OP, i have a question, i am right now using NPJ25.93-11 from november 2016 on my XT1641. Can i just enter those commands:

Those commands look okay - as always, try to back up your data as much as you can before flashing, in case you have to factory reset your device. I personally would also include 'fastboot erase cache' as a command (without the quotes), to wipe your cache, which shouldn't affect your data. You may experience a longer initial boot time as your system rebuilds the cache.

It's up to you if you wish to flash and update your gpt and bootloader as well - I don't know if not updating to the latest bootloader and gpt may affect future updates.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to echo92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift echo92 Ad-Free
17th May 2017, 06:21 PM |#5  
Flag Argentina

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo92

Those commands look okay - as always, try to back up your data as much as you can before flashing, in case you have to factory reset your device. I personally would also include 'fastboot erase cache' as a command (without the quotes), to wipe your cache, which shouldn't affect your data. You may experience a longer initial boot time as your system rebuilds the cache.

It's up to you if you wish to flash and update your gpt and bootloader as well - I don't know if not updating to the latest bootloader and gpt may affect future updates.

Thank you for your complete answer. I will take your suggestion of wiping cache.
17th May 2017, 06:26 PM |#6  
Flag Plymouth
Thanks Meter: 1,837

More
Quote:

Thank you for your complete answer. I will take your suggestion of wiping cache.

Good luck with flashing - also, might be worth flashing the logo.bin too, so your flashing list would look more like (if including the gpt and bootloader):

Code:

fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to echo92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift echo92 Ad-Free
17th May 2017, 06:36 PM |#7  
Flag Argentina

More
Quote:

EDIT:

I report that it works perfectly (without loss of data).

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo92

Good luck with flashing - also, might be worth flashing the logo.bin too, so your flashing list would look more like (if including the gpt and bootloader):

Code:

fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

I just finished the flashing process, and it's all ok, everything works good now. thanks for helping me!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to moonlightdrive For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift moonlightdrive Ad-Free
17th May 2017, 07:42 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shimla

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

EDIT:

I report that it works perfectly (without loss of data).

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

I just finished the flashing process, and it's all ok, everything works good now. thanks for helping me!

Cool, will add it to the OP that it works fine on xt1641
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rajatgupta1998 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rajatgupta1998 Ad-Free
17th May 2017, 09:05 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
How does one know which variants the referenced stock ROM applies to? I'm supposing it's any phone that lists NPJS25.93-14-4 under build number. Also, is this an official build direct from Motorola?
18th May 2017, 02:52 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shimla

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flroots

How does one know which variants the referenced stock ROM applies to? I'm supposing it's any phone that lists NPJS25.93-14-4 under build number. Also, is this an official build direct from Motorola?

Yes the ROM is officially signed by moto. Initial upload was done by the Moto Firmware team. It is confirmed to work on XT1641 and XT1643. Just like the Dec 1 Security firmware, this should probably work on the xt164* devices, as long they are retail versions.
I will ask more people to try the same.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rajatgupta1998 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rajatgupta1998 Ad-Free
18th May 2017, 05:17 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
A .bat file for commands would be really great..ease of use !
Thanks !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)