Android 10 Kernel For Moto G5S Plus (Custom ROM)?!

Search This thread

unl0ck

Feb 10, 2020
I can't seem to find a kernel for a Moto G5S Plus running a custom ROM with Android 10. Does anybody know of one?

Damage1972

Yeah msm Xtended is the best rom for me, best customizations with performance

:good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Should I change my custom ROM then? I currently use Evolution X 4.3.

Like i said above, MSM is my favorite ROM EVER !
But you can change only the kernel, man...
Hope this helps.

unl0ck

Feb 10, 2020
:good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Like i said above, MSM is my favorite ROM EVER !
But you can change only the kernel, man...
Hope this helps.

Is there a link for the kernel only? And how's your experience with MSM?

unl0ck

Feb 10, 2020
Both have similar performance as both have same kernel but msm has lots of customizations whereas arrow is known for simplicity and very less customisationd

Okay, thank you. I have one last question though. Do you recommend to clean flash or dirty flash? Which is the best way to flash the ROM without losing all of my apps and their data?

EDIT: Also, which version of MSM Xtended XQ should I install? 5.0, 8.0 or 9.0? It says that 5.0 is the most stable, but in the title it says 8.0, but the latest version is 9.0, so I am very confused...

Last edited:

Vinay425003

Sep 3, 2016
Samsung Galaxy F41
Okay, thank you. I have one last question though. Do you recommend to clean flash or dirty flash? Which is the best way to flash the ROM without losing all of my apps and their data?

EDIT: Also, which version of MSM Xtended XQ should I install? 5.0, 8.0 or 9.0? It says that 5.0 is the most stable, but in the title it says 8.0, but the latest version is 9.0, so I am very confused...

Make app backups with migrate app and always clean flash roms

The title in xda is not updated download from sourceforge 9.0 is the most stable

unl0ck

Feb 10, 2020
Make app backups with migrate app and always clean flash roms

The title in xda is not updated download from sourceforge 9.0 is the most stable

I flashed the 9.0 version with Open GApps nano (clean flash (had to remove everything because I didn't know this)), and when I installed a kernel manager I saw that there isn't a lot of options for CPU governors, GPU, governors, and I/O schedulers. These are the ones I have:

CPU Governors:
interactive
conservative
ondemand
userspace
powersave
performance

GPU Governors:
spdm_bw_hyp
bw_hwmon
venus-ddr-gov
msm-vidc-vmem+
msm-vidc-vmem
msm-vidc-ddr
bw_vbif
gpubw_mon
(All of the ones above doesn't work)
msm-adreno-tz
cpufreq
userspace
powersave
performance
simple_ondemand

I/O Schedulers:
noop
deadline
cfq
anxiety

My question is... Is this normal to have this few options, or is it supposed to be more? I've switched custom ROM a couple times (I've had AEX (AOSP Extended), Lineage OS, Havoc OS, Pixys OS and Evolution X) and they have all had a few more options to choose from.

Vinay425003

Sep 3, 2016
Samsung Galaxy F41
I flashed the 9.0 version with Open GApps nano (clean flash (had to remove everything because I didn't know this)), and when I installed a kernel manager I saw that there isn't a lot of options for CPU governors, GPU, governors, and I/O schedulers. These are the ones I have:

CPU Governors:
interactive
conservative
ondemand
userspace
powersave
performance

GPU Governors:
spdm_bw_hyp
bw_hwmon
venus-ddr-gov
msm-vidc-vmem+
msm-vidc-vmem
msm-vidc-ddr
bw_vbif
gpubw_mon
(All of the ones above doesn't work)
msm-adreno-tz
cpufreq
userspace
powersave
performance
simple_ondemand

I/O Schedulers:
noop
deadline
cfq
anxiety

My question is... Is this normal to have this few options, or is it supposed to be more? I've switched custom ROM a couple times (I've had AEX (AOSP Extended), Lineage OS, Havoc OS, Pixys OS and Evolution X) and they have all had a few more options to choose from.

Options depend on kernels
And its very much normal

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Options depend on kernels
And its very much normal

And also you didn't need to delete everything
Clean flash means deleting everything except internal storage and sdcard