FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[LineageOS][8.1.0_r46][UNOFFICIAL][sanders] Moto G5S Plus - 13/09/2018

1,953 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,880

By MasterAwesome, Recognized Developer on 21st January 2018, 05:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Before I start, I've been inactive for a while and I just got this phone and I got the first build to compile, I need testers to tell me what's working and what's not and if it even boots I'll be flashing this on my device around next week just wanted a head start on development.

Code:
#include "std_disclaimer.h"
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device or if your cat barks at you, I will laugh at you.
 */
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
  • Wifi
  • RIL
  • Mobile data
  • GPS
  • Camera
  • Flashlight
  • Camcorder
  • Bluetooth
  • FMRadio
  • Fingerprint reader
  • NFC
  • Lights
  • Sound / vibration

What's not working :
  • UNKNOWN NEED TESTERS

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to system

Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Sources
Kernel:-https://github.com/MasterAwesome/and...torola_msm8953
Device:-https://github.com/MasterAwesome/and...torola_sanders
Vendor:-https://github.com/MasterAwesome/pro...torola_sanders

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the Moto G5S Plus

Contributors
MasterAwesome, vache
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-01-21
Last Updated 2018-09-14
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to MasterAwesome For This Useful Post: [ View ]

21st January 2018, 05:09 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MasterAwesome For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2018, 05:09 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MasterAwesome For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2018, 09:24 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Great! I'll give it a shot and report the bugs I find

BTW it seems you made the same thread twice
The Following User Says Thank You to Loladin0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Loladin0 Ad-Free
21st January 2018, 03:39 PM |#5  
Flag Salvador
Thanks Meter: 234

Donate to Me
More
Nice! I'm going to wait for further reports about this ROM. I've been waiting for a LOS version of Sanders since last month.
21st January 2018, 04:35 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Tried flashing the updater script is preventing me saying my device isn't sanders I have the US version XT1806
random571
21st January 2018, 05:42 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks for the ROM. It's nice to see another dev for our device.
Xt1806 - it flashed fine but reboots to fastboot mode. Would a recovery log help?
Edit: dmesg attached
dmesg.log
21st January 2018, 11:49 PM |#8  
Flag campo mourĂ£o
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
I'll flash on my xt1802, I'm a content creator on youtube
22nd January 2018, 12:19 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Flashing has no errors in TWRP, but will only boot to fastboot. Dmesg extracted from TWRP coming.
22nd January 2018, 01:32 AM |#10  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoticking

Tried flashing the updater script is preventing me saying my device isn't sanders I have the US version XT1806

I'll add your devices to the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by startswithPendswithOOH

Thanks for the ROM. It's nice to see another dev for our device.
Xt1806 - it flashed fine but reboots to fastboot mode. Would a recovery log help?
Edit: dmesg attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by yackback

Flashing has no errors in TWRP, but will only boot to fastboot. Dmesg extracted from TWRP coming.

Oh dmesg produced is from your recovery kernel, I'll add a script to log into your sdcard next build.

Try /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops

Also^ the above command requires you to boot into your recovery from fastboot not reboot into it, file is on memory, fastboot boot recovery.img should do the trick, the problem mostly is the init scripts should be easy to fix
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterAwesome For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2018, 10:15 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
@MasterAwesome
Tried clean flash on XT1805. Stuck in boot loop.
Must be because the build is only for XT1802. Appreciate if you could include multiple models as well in the next build. I'm more than willing to test.
Can you also build Lineage 15.1 since lineage 15.0 branch is deprecated? Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)