Device hardbricked, kindda

Search This thread

Sagazdelrey

May 9, 2018
Buenos Aires
Hello there, hope you are allright y'all.
Here is my problem with a xt1806 device:

Edit to update: Well, I think I screw this up. Went on with the process suggested on the thread I linked and manage to albus blankflash my device, except it never started the bootloader and now my pc won't even recognize it.
Re-edit: Went out of test mode and reboot pc and know recognizes it as HS USB QDLOADER 9008 once again

*Edit: While reading from scratch everything I find that think might help, I realized maybe I'm not getting answers 'cause of the lenght of the post (was expecting at least some "Huh, that's weird" or "Yeah, bricked. Try this, maybe?"). So...

In a nuthsell:

Tried to root through some apps. No success. Function normally for about two weeks. Suddenly it freezes and goes off.
Can't fastboot even. Only white led blinking.
5 hours later comes back alone. Crashes apps frequently during next 20 hours. Try to reboot. Dead, not even led blinking.
12 Hours later it gets into fastboot on first attempt. Start android from there. Functions fine for an hour.
Reboots alone and enters bootloop not passing beyond Moto logo. Reboot it. Dead.
Minute later enters a fastboot by itself. No green android guy on screen and now status reads "modified" where before said "official".
Throws back error when hittin start (ERROR: No bootimage found. Skip to fastboot. More details below on quote.)
Freezes again and reboots into same fastboot once again. After a minute dies again. PC recognizes it as HS USB QDLOADER 9008.
Thinking about trying an albus/potter blankflash. Any thoughts? Guidance?
I'll keep reading meanwhile. Don't wanaa screw it even more.*

About two weeks ago I attemped a few apps to root my device with no success (not really relevant but I needed to root it to use it as a pendrive to reinstal windows 10 on my pc and was lacking options).

Thing is, after failure it all seemed okay but two days ago my phone froze (small part of the screen kind of slided to one side leaving pink or green pixels behind, if that makes any sense) and went off. Only response was a flashing led when plugged to outlet or pc.

Googling a little gave two options: wait and see (some people had theirs come back alone) or try a blankflash. At the moment I couldn't blankflash so I waited. About 5 hours later it came back to life alone.
During next day I noticed it crashing apps kindda frequently. Tried rebooting at night but it never restarted after going off. Not even led flashing this time (till this point I couln't acces fastboot either).

So nextday (that's today) I started reasearching how to blankflash, as till the moment my experience with such things only went up to installing a custom rom on a g3 and doing a factory reset some time later.
Got worried at the fact that I couldn't fastboot my device, as it seemed needed to blankflash, so I retried and, surprisingly, it worked.
Not being sure what was going on, I selected start and it turned on just fine.
Worked for about an hour and then rebooted by itself but entered a loop, not being able to pass through the moto logo. So I try to reboot it manually, just to find it dead again but with the led now flashing.
Few minutes later, while being conected to the pc, it fastboots alone. But this time the screen is weird. No android green guy on screen. Only fastboot options in the middle and device status below (with now a "modified" where before said "official").
And this message when hittin start option:

Bootloader logs
Start Up Failed:
Your device didn't start up succesfully.
Use the Software Repair Assistant on computer to rapair
Connect to pc to get repair assitant

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)
Fastboot Reason: Failed to initalize partition table
ERROR: No bootimage found. Skip to fastboot
Boot up failed.

It reboots into fastboot alone once again, once again with this weird look.
A second later the black background displays horizontal interlined lines of pixels of different colors and goes off again to not be responsive (not even led flashing) once more.

Been all day reasearching. I considered seeing if this works https://xdaforums.com/g5-plus/help/moto-g5-plus-hard-bricked-recognized-t3636457/page18 as my pc recognizes the phone as hs usb qdloader 9008
The thing is I'm afraid it won't work, given I don't really know what is happening and my phone is different from the one on that thread.
So I'd very much appreciate any help given. Thoughts, whatever you have. Even insults on my intelligence provided they come with a solution HAHA.
Sorry if it's hard to read. English is my second language. Been all day on both spanish and english sites. My brain is clogged by now.
Also, if you suggest I follow the solution presented on the thread I linked. Please point me to where to learn how to fast boot from adb or whatever is needed if I cant fastboot manually.
I'm worried about that too and at this point I can't even think properly.
Maybe all I need is a clear mind but, whatever helps.
Thanks for your time.

Last edited: