Dust inside camera lens.

306 posts
Thanks Meter: 49

By Soham Biswas, Senior Member on 25th October 2017, 06:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd November 2017, 08:32 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have created this form to collect data about the users facing the dust inside camera problem. Please forward this form to everyone who is facing the problem. So we can give the information to Motorola about the number of users.

https://goo.gl/forms/KYv9E0sqSSbDRbvl1
The Following User Says Thank You to bhavikraja For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhavikraja Ad-Free

23rd November 2017, 01:37 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THERAJ12

Per the ongoing forum at Lenovo it seems to be dust entering the mic above the camera...I am using a case therefore I put tape on the back end of the case to cover ( not directly on the mic) and did same for headphone jack ( I use bluetooth anyways) however when I cover mic area with tape I am not able to use speaker phone...not sure if a particular tape will transfer sound better or the option is to have dust vs speakerphone

That's another mic? I thought it was something like proximity sensor for camera. I know the usual Mic is just beside usb port.
23rd November 2017, 04:00 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterline

That's another mic? I thought it was something like proximity sensor for camera. I know the usual Mic is just beside usb port.

That seems to be where multiple people feel dust is coming into camera from and when I covered it and use speakerphone people can't hear me

* However you seem to be right per the user manual the mic is at the bottom so not sure if that sensor is still allowing dust to get in or people are just assuming so...it did prevent others from hearing me though....will need to do some more research*
24th November 2017, 02:39 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THERAJ12

That seems to be where multiple people feel dust is coming into camera from and when I covered it and use speakerphone people can't hear me

* However you seem to be right per the user manual the mic is at the bottom so not sure if that sensor is still allowing dust to get in or people are just assuming so...it did prevent others from hearing me though....will need to do some more research*

I think you're correct. I surfed around and found same kind of hole on the back panel of G5+ which serves as secondary mic for noise cancelling purpose and I think this is the same as that.
26th November 2017, 05:47 AM |#15  

More
Guys please fill up the form I have created. We need maximum number of users for the same to put our issue in front of Moto rola. Please fill the form. Only 6 entries are there. We can't appeal if less entries will be there.

27th November 2017, 11:03 AM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavikraja

Guys please fill up the form I have created. We need maximum number of users for the same to put our issue in front of Moto rola. Please fill the form. Only 6 entries are there. We can't appeal if less entries will be there.

Please fill this form up. It's 9 responses only
27th November 2017, 01:44 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavikraja

Have a better idea..i guess..post this link in the Lenovo community where they have complained the same..more people see that page i think..and thumbs up to your effort for creating this form. Really done a great job.
27th November 2017, 01:50 PM |#18  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soham Biswas

Have a better idea..i guess..post this link in the Lenovo community where they have complained the same..more people see that page i think..and thumbs up to your effort for creating this form. Really done a great job.

I already did it but still not getting any handsome response
28th November 2017, 01:23 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
are you guys using cases? I have a TPU case by TUDIA which covers the 2nd mic well so hoping that will keep dust out
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)