FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

¿SOAK TEST?

277 posts
Thanks Meter: 56

By EmiAndroid, Senior Member on 13th June 2018, 11:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, i have this, i need check this information.

Here the screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180613_192415_613.jpg
Views:	1618
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	4526083   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180613_192407_772.jpg
Views:	1620
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	4526084   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180613_192356_935.jpg
Views:	1598
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	4526085  

13th June 2018, 11:32 PM |#2  
Flag Plymouth
Thanks Meter: 1,836

More
Are you signed up to the Motorola Feedback Network? If so, that looks like the soak test for the G5S (as reported here as well: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...razil-t3803812 )

EDIT - hmm, looking at that email posted in the other link, it says the soak test is for G5 devices, yet the opening poster has a G5S from what I can see. The build matches up with your post, so unless Motorola is pushing the same build to G5 and G5S devices, I think this build is for G5S?

At least they're moving the G5S to Android 8.1 from the looks of things.

If you are on the soak test/signed up to the MFN, as per the soak test agreement, please report any bugs to Motorola, and be aware of any device breaking bugs that may occur. Have fun, but please be responsible too.
14th June 2018, 12:49 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo92

Are you signed up to the Motorola Feedback Network? If so, that looks like the soak test for the G5S (as reported here as well: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...razil-t3803812 )

EDIT - hmm, looking at that email posted in the other link, it says the soak test is for G5 devices, yet the opening poster has a G5S from what I can see. The build matches up with your post, so unless Motorola is pushing the same build to G5 and G5S devices, I think this build is for G5S?

At least they're moving the G5S to Android 8.1 from the looks of things.

If you are on the soak test/signed up to the MFN, as per the soak test agreement, please report any bugs to Motorola, and be aware of any device breaking bugs that may occur. Have fun, but please be responsible too.

I faild to register in Soak Test :/
14th June 2018, 12:56 PM |#4  
Flag Plymouth

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiAndroid

I faild to register in Soak Test :/

Unfortunate - I guess they've got plenty of soak testers for these soak updates. I imagine there may be a leak of the Oreo soak test at some point, though be careful with flashing said leak. Any bugs or issues you won't have Motorola support (as you're not on the soak test) and downgrading back to Nougat is a potentially risky procedure. It won't be the downgrade back to Nougat that is problematic, but using Nougat OTA updates on a device updated to Oreo may hard brick your device.

Seems that they're soak testing the G5S Plus as well from the screenshots: https://www.techdroider.com/2018/06/...reenshots.html (looks like it's OPS28.49-2?)

If it is the soak test, then all being well, the update should be rolling out in the next 1-2 months.
14th June 2018, 01:01 PM |#5  
Flag Fort Myers, FL
Thanks Meter: 13

More
. Gdfhjjh
14th June 2018, 01:08 PM |#6  
Flag Plymouth

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesemalave1

I got mine 2 days ago I love it

Nice, could you download DevCheck by flar2 https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...check&hl=en_GB and in the app, under the System tab, post a screenshot of the architecture please? The app is free and should work without root.
14th June 2018, 02:22 PM |#7  
Flag Fort Myers, FL
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I'm a mtf tester but it's confidential as parbagreementbwishbibcouldnshare more
The Following User Says Thank You to jesemalave1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jesemalave1 Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 02:38 PM |#8  
Flag Plymouth

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesemalave1

I'm a mtf tester but it's confidential as parbagreementbwishbibcouldnshare more

Not a problem - good to see you're respecting the NDA Hoping there aren't too many bugs to report.

It looks like the Oreo update is a 32 bit update anyhoo: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=121 That's not surprising given the migration to 64 bit might require a wipe and the drivers re-written for the 64 bit architecture.
14th June 2018, 06:10 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Moto g5s plus Oreo 8.1 Soak test

Watch this video for features
[youtube]UgVHKcKd8eE[/youtube]
14th June 2018, 09:58 PM |#10  
Flag Santa Fe
Thanks Meter: 222

More
can someone share a photo of the 8.1 lockscreen? i wanna know if the ugly font changed..
also does it uses the G6 bootanimation or keeps the 7.1 one?
15th June 2018, 01:43 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Keeps the same boot animation, no changes to fonts
The Following User Says Thank You to Beneduzi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beneduzi Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)