FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][9.0][UNOFFICIAL][ARM64] LineageOS 16.0

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 74

By AsD Monio, Junior Member on 2nd February 2019, 01:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Removed until I can create proper trees.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190131-172437_Trebuchet.jpg
Views:	1654
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	4698306   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190201-123324_Trebuchet.jpg
Views:	1622
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	4698307   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190131-172517_Trebuchet.jpg
Views:	1612
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	4698308   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190131-172606_Settings.png
Views:	1582
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	4698310   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190131-172624_Settings.png
Views:	1580
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	4698311  
Attached Files
File Type: zip backup-persist-partition.zip - [Click for QR Code] (124.7 KB, 72 views)
File Type: zip restore-persist-partition.zip - [Click for QR Code] (124.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: zip backup-modem-cache.zip - [Click for QR Code] (124.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: zip restore-modem-cache.zip - [Click for QR Code] (124.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: zip wipe-modem-cache.zip - [Click for QR Code] (124.7 KB, 36 views)
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AsD Monio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AsD Monio Ad-Free

2nd February 2019, 03:45 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Thanx for the ROM!
About flashing the Oreo modem firmware and erasing modemst1 modemst2 I don't know what went wrong but I ended up with imei 0 - of course I did make a backup of my efs partition So everyone make a backup first!
2nd February 2019, 03:49 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 470

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænimal

Thanx for the ROM!
About flashing the Oreo modem firmware and erasing modemst1 modemst2 I don't know what went wrong but I ended up with imei 0 - of course I did make a backup of my efs partition So everyone make a backup first!

How did you backup efs?
2nd February 2019, 03:52 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarlPenguin

How did you backup efs?

There is an option in TWRP
2nd February 2019, 03:57 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 470

More
Quote:

There is an option in TWRP

Squid, loganbarth or Goldeneyes2?
2nd February 2019, 04:01 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

Squid, loganbarth or Goldeneyes2?

I'm using @lohanbarth 's:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...2-2-0-t3812727
The Following User Says Thank You to Ænimal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ænimal Ad-Free
2nd February 2019, 04:08 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Thanx for the ROM!

I ended up with zero IMEI on Resurrection Remix Nougat after wiping modemst1 and modemst2 in fastboot (but I didn't flash the firmware, I was just testing to see if my persist is fine with the firmware I already had). Now I'm on AICP Oreo, I did the same thing - wipe using fastboot and everything is fine, also worked fine when I was testing this ROM on Oreo modem firmware. But since it happened to you on LOS 16, are you using fastboot on Windows? I think it might be fastboot's fault because on Nougat I wiped on Windows but now since I was compiling I had to use Linux instead. I think the Windows version of fastboot may be bugged, at least for this device. I also had problems with wiping cache and data while flashing the stock ROM - and I was also using fastboot on Windows then. I think I'll edit the OP and instruct to use TWRP for this instead, maybe I'll make a flashable zip just for wiping the modem cache.

Quote:

How did you backup efs?

As @Ænimal said, there should be an option in TWRP. Alternatively you can use dd to back up any partition you want on any TWRP version. You can use dd while in TWRP either in the terminal or using ADB
Code:
dd if=[path_to_partition] of=[backup_file_path]
For example, to backup /persist to a microSD card and name the file "persist.img":
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/external_sd/persist.img
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AsD Monio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AsD Monio Ad-Free
2nd February 2019, 04:13 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsD Monio

I ended up with zero IMEI on Resurrection Remix Nougat after wiping modemst1 and modemst2 in fastboot (but I didn't flash the firmware, I was just testing to see if my persist is fine with the firmware I already had). Now I'm on AICP Oreo, I did the same thing - wipe using fastboot and everything is fine, also worked fine when I was testing this ROM on Oreo modem firmware. But since it happened to you on LOS 16, are you using fastboot on Windows? I think it might be fastboot's fault because on Nougat I wiped on Windows but now since I was compiling I had to use Linux instead. I think the Windows version of fastboot may be bugged, at least for this device. I also had problems with wiping cache and data while flashing the stock ROM - and I was also using fastboot on Windows then. I think I'll edit the OP and instruct to use TWRP for this instead, maybe I'll make a flashable zip just for wiping the modem cache.

As @Ænimal said, there should be an option in TWRP. Alternatively you can use dd to back up any partition you want on any TWRP version. You can use dd while in TWRP either in the terminal or using ADB

Code:
dd if=[path_to_partition] of=[backup_file_path]
For example, to backup /persist to a microSD card and name the file "persist.img":
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/external_sd/persist.img

Yeah I'm using a windows PC - at least unlocking and flashing stuff has been working so far.. A flashable zip would be nice
Edit: @AsD Monio BTW I flashed the modem etc whilst on lineage 14, that is prior to flashing this ROM - should I try it again with lineage 16 installed?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ænimal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ænimal Ad-Free
2nd February 2019, 04:34 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

@AsD Monio BTW I flashed the modem etc whilst on lineage 14, that is prior to flashing this ROM - should I try it again with lineage 16 installed?

If you booted LOS 14 after wiping modemst1 and modemst2 but before flashing LOS 16 then you will need to wipe them again, but the order of installation - whether the modem firmware first or the ROM should not matter. The first time I actually got the fingerprint scanner working I was on full Nougat firmware with a test build of LOS 16 installed. I just booted to fastboot, ran the 3 commands (flash modem and erase modemst1 and 2) and booted straight back into the system, everything was working. Another time when I was going to flash a test build I had restored the older modem firmware and was on the AICP Oreo ROM. I did the same thing, booted into fastboot and ran the commands. Then I booted straight to TWRP from the fastboot menu using the volume and power buttons. I did the usual wipe - system, cache, dalvik and data. Then I flashed LOS 16 and rebooted. Worked perfectly that time as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to AsD Monio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AsD Monio Ad-Free
2nd February 2019, 05:25 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Nice, congratz! I'll flash as soon as it becomes stable
The Following User Says Thank You to shrmp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shrmp Ad-Free
2nd February 2019, 05:46 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrmp

Nice, congratz! I'll flash as soon as it becomes stable

Thanks, it should be pretty stable now. There weren't nearly as many hardware-related changes from Oreo to Pie as from Nougat to Oreo. Though I understand if you don't want to have to deal with downgrading the firmware in case you need to restore an older ROM. I should be able to switch to a Pie-based ROM on my phone for good soon and if everything works well then I'm going to label it as stable.

@Ænimal the flashable zips are up now if you need them.
The Following User Says Thank You to AsD Monio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AsD Monio Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)