Post Reply Email Thread
20th May 2019, 07:00 AM |#41  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 460

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn'oh

what options did they activate or not?

They didn't change anything, nor do they use Magisk modules to "increase" battery life.
If battery isn't that good for you I don't know what to tell you, I personally do not use this ROM.

20th May 2019, 11:53 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello, I have a Big problem with the CAF version. My cellular data notre working. It said me i'm in 3g but I dont have Access to internet. I am also supposed to capture the 4g but I remain in 3g I tried to restart, put airplane mode or other but the problem persists is this normal? I made a clean installation by restoring my data with migrate.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeffePS

I checked my battery degradation level with Accubattery. not ideal but gives a rough idea of how's your battery doing

I'm trying actually

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn'oh

Hello, I have a Big problem with the CAF version. My cellular data notre working. It said me i'm in 3g but I dont have Access to internet. I am also supposed to capture the 4g but I remain in 3g I tried to restart, put airplane mode or other but the problem persists is this normal? I made a clean installation by restoring my data with migrate.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

I'm trying actually

It's good, I just change the modem data name to SFR and It's working 😅
20th May 2019, 12:23 PM |#43  
Flag delhi
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarlPenguin

Send something that shows it, like a screenshot or a screen recording. Best would be a log + screen recording. If it doesn't show up in either of those it's probably a hardware problem.

I tried to send hear a video but its not posting i don't know why
23rd May 2019, 07:57 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit1363

Actually working well with caf build

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Glitch while playing games ... Like weird screen Flickr while playing game

I tested it, user might have mistaken it for LTE. VoLTE is not working with CAF build confirmed.
24th May 2019, 08:22 AM |#45  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 373

More
@JarlPenguin, VOLTE seems to be working in 14th May 2019 CAF build. I just did a clean flash and restarted several times. I could see "SIM 1 HD Capable" after multiple restarts. I tried making a call and that worked as well. Seems like the problem is solved. I would request you to keep a note of changes you made recently which fixed the VOLTE issue. Thanks a ton for your hard work and continuous focus on our device model.

I am installing apps now. I would do a restart few times in between and verify if VOLTE stays.

Thanks
KS
24th May 2019, 06:14 PM |#46  

More
What is Volte, is this important ?
24th May 2019, 10:01 PM |#47  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 460

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyansundhar

@JarlPenguin, VOLTE seems to be working in 14th May 2019 CAF build. I just did a clean flash and restarted several times. I could see "SIM 1 HD Capable" after multiple restarts. I tried making a call and that worked as well. Seems like the problem is solved. I would request you to keep a note of changes you made recently which fixed the VOLTE issue. Thanks a ton for your hard work and continuous focus on our device model.

I am installing apps now. I would do a restart few times in between and verify if VOLTE stays.

Thanks
KS

I guess time to do a clean build then and see if the problem persists on LineageOS 16.0
27th May 2019, 10:57 PM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hey JarlPenguin!

First of all thanks for the great ROM. I've been using the 20190509 build and it's been pretty great for my use case. But, I'd like to report two bugs that I've found. First of all the phone doesn't save time when it's turned off or restarted. It defaults to the time I've either installed the ROM or the compilation date. Not sure. The second thing is that there's some glitchy, skippy playback in some videos when played in the browser(not youtube app or anything) as well as the 3D overlays on snapchat or messenger are glitchy as well. The time reset is present in the AOSP version as well, but the other thing is present only in CAF. My guess it's something to do with the GPU side of things like hardware acceleration. Hope that you can check this stuff out in your spare time and hopefully it can be fixed easily.
28th May 2019, 06:20 AM |#49  
New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hi, I am using this rom from last 3 days and its the smoothest rom I have ever used on a phone, a big thanks to the developer. Although I have encountered two bugs in it, first one is the wifi dropping problem I couldn't get a stable wifi connection, it keeps dropping the wifi network or start showing "no internet connection" I can't figure out what's causing it because this issue was in stock rom too but it wasn't too annoying in that, it used to get the work done so another issue is call volume is too low on this rom but I have fixed it using a magisk module, so just informing you.
28th May 2019, 05:40 PM |#50  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahid61

Hi, I am using this rom from last 3 days and its the smoothest rom I have ever used on a phone, a big thanks to the developer. Although I have encountered two bugs in it, first one is the wifi dropping problem I couldn't get a stable wifi connection, it keeps dropping the wifi network or start showing "no internet connection" I can't figure out what's causing it because this issue was in stock rom too but it wasn't too annoying in that, it used to get the work done so another issue is call volume is too low on this rom but I have fixed it using a magisk module, so just informing you.

Which module are you using?
28th May 2019, 05:59 PM |#51  
New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criostai

Which module are you using?

Download link - https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...mentid=4529806
This one, it is originally for Moto G5 plus (Potter) but I found it working well on G5s (Montana) too.
Original post is this - https://forum.xda-developers.com/g5-...t3805797/page1
The Following User Says Thank You to Shahid61 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shahid61 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)