FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[UNITY] Various Fixes for the Moto G5/G5S [9+]

640 posts
Thanks Meter: 552

Post Reply Email Thread
HUGE thanks to @giri45 for actually providing the fix!

What's this?

A Unity installer ensures that you can use this module with any kind of root solution (as long as it supports init.d)! If you have Magisk, flash the module through the Magisk Manager, but if you don't have Magisk, just flash the module through TWRP. When you want to uninstall the module, flash it again in Magisk Manager or TWRP.

As for the module itself, it provides a fix for LiveDisplay/Night Light on the Moto G5/G5S for anyone running an AOSP-based ROM running Android 9 or higher, and enables Camera2 API + EIS if you wish so.

Do NOT attempt to install this on other devices, or ROMs based on Android <9! Device and Android version checks have been applied to make sure this module will not install on incompatible devices. This module assumes that you are using the latest stock Oreo firmware (including bootloader, GPT and etc.)! Do not report issues if you are not on the latest firmware.

Tested ROMs:

Havoc OS 2.2
Pixel Experience 9.0
AOSPExtended 6.3
crDroid 5.0

Known issues:

Fix doesn't work on Nougat firmware. You must have fully flashed the stock ROM/flashed it via OTA, for this fix to work.

Downloads:

Download from Magisk Repo.

Flash via Magisk Manager or TWRP. Make sure you have a root solution which supports init.d!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JarlPenguin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JarlPenguin Ad-Free

27th February 2019, 07:32 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Thanx for trying to fix this. Unfortunately it's not working on my xt1794 running AospExtented. First try flashing through twrp failed, the updaterscript didn't recognize my phone (correctly), then installing as magisk module, but no night light..
27th February 2019, 10:22 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænimal

Thanx for trying to fix this. Unfortunately it's not working on my xt1794 running AospExtented. First try flashing through twrp failed, the updaterscript didn't recognize my phone (correctly), then installing as magisk module, but no night light..

That's really weird. Installs fine and works on PE, installs fine but doesn't work on ViperOS, and now doesn't work on AOSPExtended.

Could you try providing installation logs located in the Internal storage?

Have you also tried manually replacing the files? If that works, then it's not a problem with the ROM...
27th February 2019, 11:29 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarlPenguin

That's really weird. Installs fine and works on PE, installs fine but doesn't work on ViperOS, and now doesn't work on AOSPExtended.

Could you try providing installation logs located in the Internal storage?

Have you also tried manually replacing the files? If that works, then it's not a problem with the ROM...

Logs attached
Attached Files
File Type: log LiveDisplayFixUnity-debug.log - [Click for QR Code] (26.5 KB, 24 views)
27th February 2019, 06:29 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 493

More
PE 9.0LOG is attached
Attached Files
File Type: log LiveDisplayFixUnity-debug.log - [Click for QR Code] (26.4 KB, 6 views)
3rd March 2019, 11:55 AM |#6  

More
@JarlPenguin You mentioned fix is working on AOSPExtended 6.3, is that for the g5, or is there a montana build? If so, please provide a link if possible, thanx
3rd March 2019, 01:06 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

@JarlPenguin You mentioned fix is working on AOSPExtended 6.3, is that for the g5, or is there a montana build? If so, please provide a link if possible, thanx

It's an internal build. You can test it out here: https://t.me/montanadevelopment
The Following User Says Thank You to JarlPenguin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JarlPenguin Ad-Free
3rd March 2019, 02:22 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

It's an internal build. You can test it out here: https://t.me/montanadevelopment

I'm running this build now and tried the fix but to no avail, still (xt1794)
Attached Files
File Type: log LiveDisplayFixUnity-debug.log - [Click for QR Code] (26.5 KB, 6 views)
3rd March 2019, 02:58 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I'm running this build now and tried the fix but to no avail, still (xt1794)

Are you on the Oreo firmware? GPT and bootloader included. Did you do a screen repair before?
3rd March 2019, 03:13 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

Are you on the Oreo firmware? GPT and bootloader included. Did you do a screen repair before?

Nougat firmware and Oreo baseband, screen is original. Do you think that partition table is the problem?
3rd March 2019, 03:15 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Nougat firmware and Oreo baseband. Do you think that partition table is the problem?

Okay, I think I have found the problem now. What have you not upgraded?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)