FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[GUIDE] Unlock Bootloader

506 posts
Thanks Meter: 702

Post Reply Email Thread

UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER

WARNING: UNLOCKING YOUR BOOTLOADER VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY.PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
NOTE: Unlocking the bootloader will Wipe/ factory reset your device, and will delete all personal data from your device such as apps, photos, messages, and settings.

Prepare Your Moto G6/G6+ for Bootloader Unlock

Code:
Your device must be charged up to 70% before going completely through the process mentioned below.
Make sure that you have installed proper device drivers on your computer.

INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Make sure to take a backup of your entire device data.
  • Download the Android SDK OR Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot
  • Install the latest Motorola USB Drivers on your desktop. Download here.
  • Go To Settings -> Dev Settings, And Select "Allow OEM Unlock"
  • Put your device in fastboot mode (power off, then press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously).
  • Open Command Prompt on androidsdk/platform-tools/ (Hold Shift and right click and press open command window here)
  • If you have downloaded Minimal ADB and Fastboot Go to C://Program Files/Minimal ADB and Fastboot and open Command Prompt from there.
  • Connect your Phone to PC
  • Type this in the CMD prompt window - fastboot oem get_unlock_data
  • You will get a return string. Copy it. [Right Click-Mark- Mark the text by pressing the shift key-Now press Ctrl+C]
  • Paste all the lines together in a notepad. Remove the empty spaces.
  • Now go to the Motorola Site.Sign in using your Google account or Motorola ID. Scroll down the page and paste the copied string in the field at step #6. Then click on ‘Can my device be unlocked?’, after which a "REQUEST UNLOCK KEY" button will appear at the bottom of page.
  • To get your unlock key, select the ‘I Agree’ option. Note: You will receive an email with your Unlock Key at the email address you used to log in there.
  • Important – Copy the 20-character key that Motorola sent you via email. Make sure your device is connected.
  • Then in CMD type: fastboot devices (To check your device is connected)
  • Then type: fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY

NOTE: In above command, replace the word ‘UNIQUE_KEY’ with the unlock code that you got via email. Then hit enter and the unlocking process should begin. Wait for a while and soon you’ll see ‘Bootloader Unlocked’ warning on your Moto G6/G6+.

To relock the bootloader:
before re-locking the bootloader, you must have reinstalled the official firmware
Go to Fastboot and give the command fastboot oem lock
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lohanbarth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lohanbarth Ad-Free

16th May 2018, 02:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 276

More
Thank you! Great guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohanbarth

To relock the bootloader:[/COLOR]
Go to Fastboot and give the command fastboot oem lock

But please,
Advise that prior to relock the bootloader the stock firmware needs to be restored. This is important if you replaced the recovery (with TWRP), installed a custom kernel, rooted with MagiskSU (as it replaces the RAMDISK of the kernel), or replaced the bootimage (for disable the unlock message).

In fact, prior to relock is good to: wipe all data, restore all stock partitions, and then (and only then) relock the bootloader.

I hope this helps!
Regards.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manos78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift manos78 Ad-Free
16th May 2018, 02:41 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag la Valette
Thanks Meter: 702

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manos78

Thank you! Great guide.

But please,
Advise that prior to relock the bootloader the stock firmware needs to be restored. This is important if you replaced the recovery (with TWRP), installed a custom kernel, rooted with MagiskSU (as it replaces the RAMDISK of the kernel), or replaced the bootimage (for disable the unlock message).

In fact, prior to relock is good to: wipe all data, restore all stock partitions, and then (and only then) relock the bootloader.

I hope this helps!
Regards.

here is edit and thank you for the info
The Following User Says Thank You to lohanbarth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lohanbarth Ad-Free
17th May 2018, 01:32 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I just bought my Moto G6 Plus (RETEU) and can't unlock it (yet). When I enter the unlock string I get "Your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking."

If anybody knows of an alternative to patiently waiting for them to allow unlocking, I'm all ears!
19th May 2018, 11:13 AM |#5  
Flag Palermo
Thanks Meter: 204

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicae

I just bought my Moto G6 Plus (RETEU) and can't unlock it (yet). When I enter the unlock string I get "Your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking."

If anybody knows of an alternative to patiently waiting for them to allow unlocking, I'm all ears!

Damn it, I have the same problem. I bought moto G6 plus because motorola allows to unlock bootloader
However I sent a message to the motorola dedicated thread for bootloader unlocking problems.
I hope there is a solution otherwise I will return the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to jekyll86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jekyll86 Ad-Free
19th May 2018, 03:41 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for the info! I posted in the same thread, hope they still actively monitor it...
19th May 2018, 03:47 PM |#7  
Flag Palermo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicae

Thanks for the info! I posted in the same thread, hope they still actively monitor it...

It seems actively maintained, last response is from yesterday.

Inviato dal mio moto g(6) plus utilizzando Tapatalk
22nd May 2018, 08:32 PM |#8  
I also don't get a key... XT1926-3/RETEU.
As usual I will wait, I'm sure there will be a solution sooner or later.
22nd May 2018, 10:02 PM |#9  
Flag Palermo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlbeck

I also don't get a key... XT1926-3/RETEU.
As usual I will wait, I'm sure there will be a solution sooner or later.

Hi, many users have problems to unlock Moto G6 Plus XT1926-3/RETEU, the solutions is to post a message to the motorola official thread for bootloader unlocking problems.
22nd May 2018, 10:30 PM |#11  
Flag Palermo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlbeck

ok, and what happens when I did ?

they will send you unlock key. It's written in the first post
The Following User Says Thank You to jekyll86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jekyll86 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
evert ali motorola g6 g6+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)