FORUMS

[ROM][river][10.0.0_r27]CandyROM[OFFICIAL][15 Mar 2020]

1,114 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,547

Post Reply Email Thread

This is Candy ten for the Moto G7. Built straight from source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customisable ROM, with regular updates and security patches.

We do this as a hobby, and we happily share the Candy of our toils with the custom ROM community, for free. We use what we share on our own devices, most as Daily Drivers, so you can be confident that problems will be promptly addressed.

Thanks for your support and camaraderie. Special thanks to GZOSP, GZR-ROMs, LineageOS, SlimRoms, OmniROM, AOSiP, DU and the innumerable rest who make their source open. We can't do all of this on our own!

Donations are appreciated, but NEVER expected.

Stay tuned for more Candy!

Special thanks to GZOSP, GZR-ROMs, LineageOS, SlimRoms, OmniROM, AOSiP and all the rest who make their source open. We can't do all of this on our own.

Looking forward to be a device maintainer? Read about the requirements here.

ROM: CandyRoms Github
Kernel Source for Moto G7
Device specific sources: CandyDevices Github
Gerrit Review https://gerrit.bbqdroid.org

CandyShop:
  • SYSTEM
    • Volume buttons up/down for Do Not Disturb
    • Swap volume buttons on rotation
    • Long press volume playback control
    • Screen off power button torch (double press and long press)
    • Show app icons in toasts
  • LOCKSCREEN:
    • Double tap to sleep on lock screen
    • Face auto unlock
    • FP unlock without PIN/password
    • Quick PIN unlock
    • Disable QS when locked
    • Hide lockscreen power menu
    • Hide or show custom bottom shortcuts
    • Clock styles
    • Date styles
  • STATUS BAR
    • Clock options:
      • Alignment
      • Display seconds
      • AM/PM & Date display and format
    • Battery settings:
      • Battery icon style
      • Show percentage in Status bar
    • Network Traffic indicator
    • Quick settings:
      • Brightness slider icon (for Auto/Manual)
      • Bottom brightness slider
      • Custom number of rows/columns with Quick add (one click)
      • Quick pulldown (right)
    • Control status bar items
  • NAVIGATION
    • Navbar options:
      • Stock navbar
    • Hardware keys:
      • WIP
  • STOCK ROOM
    • Three finger screen shot gesture
    • Screenshot shutter sound
  • GENERAL
    • Rootless Substratum support
    • Night light
    • Prevent accidental wake up via proximity sensor
    • Candy Sweetener Device theme (Substratum if installed, Pixel, Stock)
    • SystemUI Tuner
    • Battery stats reset option

More to come, we are never done...

NO ETA REQUESTS!

Disclaimer:
CandyRoms is not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

* See Post #2 for Downloads

* See Post #3 for FAQ/Known issues

Note:
If you are coming from stock you need to flash copy_partitions.zip just after flashing twrp, else you might face a hard brick.
Do not wipe or format data in TWRP, use fastboot -w instead after flashing the ROM, as mentioned below.

1. If you're coming from another ROM:
  • Official TWRP is recommended.
  • Boot into TWRP
  • Flash ROM (link in 2nd post)
  • Flash TWRP Installer
  • Reboot to Recovery
  • Flash OpenGApps
  • Flash the latest stable Magisk
  • No 3rd party mods are supported. (Like Xposed Framework or shady Magisk Modules)
  • Reboot to bootloader
  • Perform a factory reset using:
    Code:
    fastboot -w
  • Reboot to system

2. If you're updating the ROM:

• Reboot to recovery
  • Flash Substratum rescue zip if you have a theme applied
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash TWRP Installer
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash OpenGApps
  • Flash Magisk
  • Reboot to bootloader
  • Perform a factory reset using:
    Code:
    fastboot -w
  • Reboot to system

NOTE:
  • If you have issues with Settings or Play Services force-closes you need to clean flash.
  • Please give first boot several minutes.
  • New additions and fixes being added constantly
  • If you have any other issue, please let us know in proper bug reporting fashion as indicated below.

• Do NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed other shady mods.
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
ROM version and build date
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium/swift backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed.
Also please let us know how to reproduce the particular issue.
Please, DO NOT complain about problems and offer nothing to help fix it. We reserve the right to ignore you for not following instructions.

Checkout our website (WIP): http://candyroms.org

Come visit us on Telegram: @CandyRoms

CandyRoms Telegram Release Channel: @CandyRoms_Channel

CandyRoms on SourceForge: SourceForge Project

Other Credits:
TeamReviver
@erfanoabdi
@vache
@Jleeblanch
@SyberHexen
Lukk1337, Luca Stefani and other LineageOS Devs
All the people responsible behind Motorola SDM632 bringup and development.

XDA:DevDB Information
Candy Ten for river, ROM for the Moto G7

Contributors
rajatgupta1998
Source Code: https://github.com/CandyRoms

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2020-03-15

Created 2020-03-15
Last Updated 2020-04-12
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rajatgupta1998 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rajatgupta1998 Ad-Free
15th March 2020, 06:42 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shimla

Donate to Me
More

See Post #3 for a list of what is working or not if you have concerns.

ROM:
Latest Release: Candy-river-10.Stable-Official-20200315-1932.zip
Other Releases: river

GApps
Open GApps nano is preferred.

Recovery
Official TWRP

Firmware
<>
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rajatgupta1998 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rajatgupta1998 Ad-Free
15th March 2020, 06:42 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shimla

Donate to Me
More

What's not working:
  • Jio VoLTE
  • Navigation Gestures on first boot, until you select in settings.

Notes:
Changelog
  • 15 March 2020
    • Initial build
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rajatgupta1998 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rajatgupta1998 Ad-Free
15th March 2020, 09:17 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I've never heard of CandyROM before and am currently running lineageOS 16 so I'm curious as to what the differences are in terms of customization and general feel of the interface.

Also does candy ten mean this is an android 10 build or is it just the versioning?

Wanna try it out regardless but I'm hoping these questions get answered before I get a chance to 😃
The Following User Says Thank You to FlashyWatermelon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FlashyWatermelon Ad-Free
15th March 2020, 09:26 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatgupta1998

This is Candy ten for the Moto G7.

Do this also work with G7plus?
The Following User Says Thank You to the_Pan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the_Pan Ad-Free
15th March 2020, 10:14 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Pan

Do this also work with G7plus?

Nope the G7 plus and the G7 are different devices hence their ROMs are also different

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyWatermelon

I've never heard of CandyROM before and am currently running lineageOS 16 so I'm curious as to what the differences are in terms of customization and general feel of the interface.

Also does candy ten mean this is an android 10 build or is it just the versioning?

Wanna try it out regardless but I'm hoping these questions get answered before I get a chance to 😃

Based on the screenshots Rajat posted on Twitter,it seems to be android 10
The Following User Says Thank You to jontyfernz97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jontyfernz97 Ad-Free
15th March 2020, 10:55 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jontyfernz97

Nope the G7 plus and the G7 are different devices hence their ROMs are also different

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Based on the screenshots Rajat posted on Twitter,it seems to be android 10

Just checked the telegram channel. It is indeed android 10. Happy to finally be able to move on from pie!

EDIT: I suppose I could just read the full post and see that it says android 10, but that'd be too easy...
The Following User Says Thank You to FlashyWatermelon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FlashyWatermelon Ad-Free
16th March 2020, 06:09 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
So far the only bug I encountered it's some choppiness on the animations especially on the recents menu going in and out of some applications, but this happens every time with a new version of Android regarding custom roms, I remember the same thing happening with oreo and pie, aosp or one ui, it's a little bit annoying but totally forgivable since everything else is fine as hell, thank you very much my dude, awesome job.
The Following User Says Thank You to JailsonJr232 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JailsonJr232 Ad-Free
16th March 2020, 07:16 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatgupta1998

1. If you're coming from another ROM:

• Official TWRP is recommended.
  • Boot into TWRP
  • Flash ROM (link in 2nd post)
  • Flash TWRP Installer
  • Reboot to Recovery

Hi, everyone. Tried to install Candy from stock ROM. After theese steps my phone has bricked. No reaction on buttons, when linked to PC by cable it looks like "qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008" in the device Manager.
What was my mistake?
The Following User Says Thank You to anri_dedis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anri_dedis Ad-Free
17th March 2020, 07:58 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anri_dedis

Hi, everyone. Tried to install Candy from stock ROM. After theese steps my phone has bricked. No reaction on buttons, when linked to PC by cable it looks like "qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008" in the device Manager.
What was my mistake?

You weren't mistaken, as you followed the instructions the OP provided. The same happened to me and after digging a bit I found out that when you're coming from stock you have to flash a file called "Copy Partitions Zip" before trying to install any custom roms. I know this can easily be our fault but at least he should've written clear and COMPLETE instructions.

I'm going to try unbricking the phone, I'll let you know if I come to any useful conclusion. Thanks OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to Korax94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Korax94 Ad-Free
19th March 2020, 03:31 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
OP thanks for making an Android 10 for the G7! Rom appears to be quite smooth and rung great. However, half my apps (even current up to date versions) seem to crash on it. Cant find a Gcam build that will run on it. That makes it unusable for me at the moment. Totally clean flash per directions with stock (Fi) kernel. Am I doing something wrong?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)