FORUMS

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.4.0.0

1,131 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,735

Post Reply Email Thread
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
Install guide:

Boot :
Code:
fastboot boot <twrp.img>
Install :
Code:
fastboot flash recovery <twrp.img>

Download:
twrp-3.4.0-0-rav-test6.img

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Moto G8

Contributors
vache
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2020-08-28

Created 2020-08-28
Last Updated 2020-08-31
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vache For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2020, 09:10 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hello, I'm trying to port TWRP to the motorola edge plus and right now I'm running into an issue where my touchscreen and adb do not work. Could you publish the device tree you used here so I can take a look at it and potentially get it working on my phone?

Thanks.
30th August 2020, 11:50 AM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixlone

Hello, I'm trying to port TWRP to the motorola edge plus and right now I'm running into an issue where my touchscreen and adb do not work. Could you publish the device tree you used here so I can take a look at it and potentially get it working on my phone?

Thanks.

You'd better check the moto edge tree : https://github.com/boulzordev/androi...acer/tree/twrp

Unified one for trinket devices is here : https://github.com/moto-sm6xxx/andro...fiar/tree/twrp

Where to look at :
recovery/root/vendor/firmware - firmwares for touchscreen and vibrator
recovery/root/sbin/modules - drivers for touchscreen/battery/vibrator
recovery/root/sbin/load_ts_firmware.sh - in charge to load modules and tell touchscreen driver which firmware to load
30th August 2020, 12:35 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hervey Bay
Thanks Meter: 1,262

More
Just like to confirm that this is working great either booted or installed. Thanks for the hard work vache
The Following User Says Thank You to Beetle84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beetle84 Ad-Free
30th August 2020, 06:37 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
There is no system partition to install to in TWRP. Super is listed twice. It may be nice to know what partitions listed actually mean.
No checkbox activation:
System
Vendor
product
USB storage
30th August 2020, 06:52 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by swear000

There is no system partition to install to in TWRP. Super is listed twice. It may be nice to know what partitions listed actually mean.

It would be nice to see users searching by themself.
Google for "dynamic partitions" and "fastbootd". That could also help you to understand why omni is shipped as images for now instead of flashable zip.
30th August 2020, 07:26 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vache

You'd better check the moto edge tree : https://github.com/boulzordev/androi...acer/tree/twrp

Unified one for trinket devices is here : https://github.com/moto-sm6xxx/andro...fiar/tree/twrp

Where to look at :
recovery/root/vendor/firmware - firmwares for touchscreen and vibrator
recovery/root/sbin/modules - drivers for touchscreen/battery/vibrator
recovery/root/sbin/load_ts_firmware.sh - in charge to load modules and tell touchscreen driver which firmware to load

Oh thanks, I didn't even know you had a moto edge tree. I'll take a look at it and see what I can do with it.
31st August 2020, 09:03 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
OMNI
Quote:

It would be nice to see users searching by themself.
Google for "dynamic partitions" and "fastbootd". That could also help you to understand why omni is shipped as images for now instead of flashable zip.

Most people agree OMNI is a great ROM. System, Vendor, and product are critical partitions for ROM flashing so I am surprised TWRP does not toggle them correctly.
The Following User Says Thank You to swear000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift swear000 Ad-Free
12th September 2020, 04:50 AM |#10  
Flag Olympus Mons
Thanks Meter: 578

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Update : https://drive.google.com/file/d/17QL...ew?usp=sharing

Changelog :
-Fixed Novatech touchscreen

I can confirm that it is fixed. I used Magisk's adb/fastboot module to unlock my Moto G Fast with my rooted G7 Play with a USB C to C cable, boot twrp, and make a back up. This is epic!
13th September 2020, 02:56 AM |#11  
Flag Olympus Mons
Thanks Meter: 578

Donate to Me
More
It took some digging to figure this out, so I'm going to outline the steps for getting this installed without a boot loop.

1. Unlock your device. (I'm not holding your hand here.)
2. Reboot into fastboot.
3. Temporarily boot twrp.
4. Install magisk by flashing the latest zip from twrp. Then flash the copy partitions zip so you don't hard brick.
5. Reboot to system, and you're now rooted.
6. Reboot into recovery.
7. From stock recovery select "enter fastboot" this takes you to "fastboot d" mode.
8. Flash twrp while you're in fastbootd mode.
9. Enjoy! Everything is working perfectly. Rebooting to recovery takes you to TWRP. Rebooting to system gives you root. We also have full decryption support.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spaceminer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spaceminer Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)