FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][All Quark][9.x]LineageOS

3,460 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,053

By fgl27, Recognized Developer on 24th May 2019, 04:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
ROM dedicated for All Quark (Moto MAXX/Turbo and Droid Turbo - XT1225, XT1250 and XT1254)

This ROM is the LineageOS from https://lineageos.org/ with specific changes to improve the experience for Quark that is why the ROM has the MOD type, all modification are in the changelog

Download:

ROM:
Main:
Main google Drive link
Secondary:
sourceforge (This is the server used by the Updates app in Setting>System>Updater)

Gapps:
Open GApps:
Open Gapps Click Here
Choose Platform: ARM, Android: 9.0, and a Variant the one that have all you need, I recommend the nano pack but it may not have all you need so check before download.

Open GApps old releases Click Here, in case latest version is NOK

Gapps recommendations from LineageOS Google apps options (click here)

TWRP For Quark:
TWRP Use laste Mod version that I release Click Here

Instalation:

• Make sure you are running latest MOD TWRP from xda TWRP thread
  • Download the latest ROM and GApps**.
  • Reboot to recovery (recommended make a backup)
  • Coming from different ROM? Then Always wipe Data (without media aka without internal memory)
  • Wipe System*
  • Flash the latest build and GApps **
  • Reboot and enjoy!
* Wipe of Dalvik Cache and Cache not demanding but may help with some random minor bug that show after a update
** Gapps not demanding the ROM works perfect without it but if you plan to use gapps you need to flash it on a clean install with the ROM, In a ROM updates a "dirty flash" if you already have gapps always flash gapps again with the ROM update

Changelogs:
LineageOS - Pie source and Quark Changelog (Click Here)

What's working :
  • Everything.

Known Pie Bugs :

• TWRP can't backup or decrypt data encrypted on Oreo or Pie: no know workaround, one day TWRP will support it.
  • Can't swipe/draw the pattern in lockscreen : Screen lock pattern is set with the extra option of patterns "Directly show pattern view" and ambient display enable all at the same time, will bug ambient display for the wave or pick featuring of gestures, this doesn't bug when you received a notification, disable one or the other until the bug is fixed.
  • No SIM Card or no Cell Signal: Very rare bug this days, the device can finish the booting up process and have a no sim card or zero/null network signal level in status bar preventing from making/receive a call or anything related to SIM status be OK for use, Don't confuse this with a slow to be recognized SIM or network status so before try the fix wait a minute or two to see if the signal comes up. To fix: Go back to recovery and wipe Dalvik / Art Cache and Cache then reboot back to system, if this doesn't help try the "GPS / Radio" from #2 post.
  • General bug help/fix in second post or some were in the thread, use XDA building "Search Thread" option to find general help for this thread project...

Source:
LineageOS Source
Device Tree
Kernel tree
Vendor tree
Mod Kernel Adiutor tree

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][All Quark][9.x]LineageOS ROM for Quark

Contributors
Felipe Leon (fgl27)
Jagrav Naik
Gabriel Gomez

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-24-05
Last Updated Check Changelog click here
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fgl27 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

24th May 2019, 05:00 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Brazil...South of the south

Donate to Me
More
Below are some of the helps and or workarounds for the most occurring problems.

GPS / Radio:
Changing/Updating the ROM may cause GPS lock problem, there is two separated help

option 1) Install "GPS Status & Toolbox" , open the app, slide the left option and open "Manage A-GPS state" click in Reset, after repete the process and now click in Download, close the app after receive the OK, wait a few seconds and try a gps lock using the same app, if that doesn't help try again after a reboot, if that doesn't help go to option 2 below

option 2) If the above doesn't help you can try to erase all the radio status
Erase the radio status also applies to the case you have No SIM Card or no Cell Signal level in status bar.
To erase the radio status is very simple just flash this zip "Clean_modem_status.zip" via TWRP no wipe is need, is also recommended to try option 1 after this if you flashed because of a GPS problem.

If after flashing the cleaner you find any problem related to lost of signal, re-try the flash of "Clean_modem_status.zip", if the problem persist, flash latest radio.img version via fastboot (aka "via bootloader")
Code:
mfastboot flash radio radio.img
find the radio.img inside the stock ROM xml.zip, some xml.zip and fastboot for windows can be found here (click here)

Random Power off or reboots?
To identify if the device random reboot or simply power it self off there is two ways.

1) If after the device goes black you can't power it up again without plunging the charger, then is because the battery is dead, even if yours battery had good % left before it shutdown yours battery is probably damage doesn't matter if the device/battery is new a battery can go bad simply by charging the device wrong, a wrong way to do it is let the device constantly go bellow 20% as low you let it get worse yours battery will be with time.

2)Check the boot reason prop "ro.boot.bootreason" if it is like the example bellow set to power_key_press the device didn't reboot it power off.
Code:
[ro.boot.bootreason]: [power_key_press]
Check the prop using :
Kernel Audiutor app > logs section > search in a log > mark getprop > search key word "reason".

If the Random power off are related to battery, BCL can help mitigate the problem.

BCL can be controlled via BHB27 kernel adiutor Power and battery section.
Lowering the BCL Max frequency or Making the number of hot unplugged core higher will help to mitigate the CPU power.
But if the problem persist is necessary to change the BCL low and high voltage threshold to higher values to make BCL to start sooner, the recommendation is to set they to 3700mV (Low) and 4000mV(High) and if the problem is resolved after that, the device stops randomly power it self off, lower the values 100mv it until you find a perfect value, or if the problem persist make the values 100mV higher.

Is also recommended to set the battery "Automatic power saver" from default 15% to a higher value, with is today max at 25%

If the device did just reboot just share a log as recommended on next post.

Bootloop to TWRP after a Factory Reset (Settings/System/Reset option/Factory reset):
This a Nougat and UP problem, it only happens if you are using a TWRP from the official site (with is not update to properly support Nougat and Up Android versions) or a old version of TWRP, to fix it just flash latest MOD TWRP version from the TWRP xda.
TWRP xda thread Click Here

Pictures access, view, sharing or related:
One thing that I notice regarding permission is if you have a app that access a folder that was created in older OS this app may be able to access this folder but not fully access the files like the below example.
You take a picture or a screenshot and can't see or share it with some apps, the simple fix is just erased/delete the folder with that problem for example the DCIM (camera folder) and or Pictures (Screenshot) folder under Main storage (or any folder were you face a picture or file access related problem), of course you can backup the files to another folders first using a file explorer that can see the files (maybe necessary one with ROOT access), then let the OS service recreate the folder, it will automatic recreates after you take a new picture or screenshot (or manually make the new folder if is a custom folder mane by you), test to see if the problematic app can see after.

USB OTG player:
On latest android version Nougat and above, to play anything from a USB OTG device is needed proper permission, that is not simple to give as the app must request it to be given, so to play anything from a USB driver find a app like this one

VVM XT1254 only
VVM app (VVM may only be accessible via play with the link, click here and chose open with play), VVM may not work correctly google has it on version is free and seems to work 100% Google voice, the in the ROM phone app also has a dedicated option for voice calls
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fgl27 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2019, 05:00 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Bug report are welcome, make with in the most accurate description possible, do not spare words, screens and logs, a bug that I can't understand or reproduced I can't fix.
Always post a bug with @fgl27 and a log .zip generated by the app
BHB27 Kernel Adiutor > Logs > One click all Logs to a ZIP, even after a random reboot share a log
If is a Reboot/Power off related bug make the log as soon the device finishes boot up
The Following User Says Thank You to fgl27 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2019, 03:34 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hello, thanks for make this version for the quark..
i have this issue, when i ve flashed this rom and then the gaaps, when i restart to bootloader and then select start (for boot os), still freeze on "warning bootloader unlocked" and not start the os., do you know what may be happening with this issue?

Thanks you again!
The Following User Says Thank You to strik3x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strik3x Ad-Free
25th May 2019, 04:42 PM |#5  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strik3x

Hello, thanks for make this version for the quark..
i have this issue, when i ve flashed this rom and then the gaaps, when i restart to bootloader and then select start (for boot os), still freeze on "warning bootloader unlocked" and not start the os., do you know what may be happening with this issue?

Thanks you again!

OK, that is a kernel issue, I was testing with this
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1981
didn't notice the issue...

if you wanna to use this ROM please flash that zip after gapps, and all will work.
Or wait until I released a new one later today.
25th May 2019, 06:11 PM |#6  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
OK all download links are working/booting now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fgl27 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2019, 06:45 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgl27

OK all download links are working/booting now.

Now i can install without issues. Thanks you!!

Enviado desde mi Moto MAXX mediante Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strik3x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strik3x Ad-Free
27th May 2019, 08:05 AM |#8  
Flag Bhilai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This rom is definitely more smoother than rr.
Thnx @fgl27 for this.
31st May 2019, 07:29 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
very fluid this rom, everything is fine, just add the Pie navigation bar and disable the physical buttons, keep updating.
1st June 2019, 07:41 PM |#10  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
I push a new update.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fgl27 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2019, 06:40 AM |#11  
Flag Bhilai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@fgl27,sir can u plz add back button mappings in buttons sectionπŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)