WARNING: THIS IS FOR THE MOTO MAXX ONLY. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO YOUR BELONGINGS.
@respider made a custom recovery for us. It's not even beta, it's alpha. What it means is that it's the first attempt to make a custom recovery. Bugs are expected.
To root, you can use the attached datroot, or SuperSU
Before anything, go to the Motorola website and unlock your bootloader.
1. Download the file attached. Download the recovery
2. Leave the maxxpatched.img in your PC and put datroot.zip in your phone.
3. Open a terminal with adb and fastboot. If you don't know what i'm talking about, Google it.
4. In terminal use:
adb reboot bootloader
5. Unzip the recovery and rename the file to recovery.img
fastboot boot recovery.img
Some users say the best way is to hold the Vol UP and then press and release the Power.
7. Install > click on the datroot.zip/supersu.zip> let it install > clear cache and dalvik
8. Reboot system.
9. You've got root.