FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT] Guide for the Moto Maxx XT 1225

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 94

By alexcreto, Senior Member on 28th November 2014, 07:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Updated guide rewritten here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...91&postcount=1

WARNING: THIS IS FOR THE MOTO MAXX ONLY. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO YOUR BELONGINGS.

@respider made a custom recovery for us. It's not even beta, it's alpha. What it means is that it's the first attempt to make a custom recovery. Bugs are expected.
To root, you can use the attached datroot, or SuperSU

Before anything, go to the Motorola website and unlock your bootloader.

1. Download the file attached. Download the recovery
2. Leave the maxxpatched.img in your PC and put datroot.zip in your phone.
3. Open a terminal with adb and fastboot. If you don't know what i'm talking about, Google it.
4. In terminal use:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Your phone will reboot and you'll see the fastboot screen.
5. Unzip the recovery and rename the file to recovery.img
Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img
6. Now you'll boot into the recovery. Press simultaneously Power and Vol UP to show the commands.
Some users say the best way is to hold the Vol UP and then press and release the Power.
7. Install > click on the datroot.zip/supersu.zip> let it install > clear cache and dalvik
8. Reboot system.
9. You've got root.
Attached Files
File Type: zip datroot.zip - [Click for QR Code] (284.6 KB, 6086 views)
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to alexcreto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alexcreto Ad-Free

28th November 2014, 08:34 PM |#2  
Flag Sao Paulo
Thanks Meter: 236

More
glad to see the recovery is being useful... I hope we manage to get a working TWRP or CWM soon
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to respider For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift respider Ad-Free
28th November 2014, 08:44 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Do I need to unlock the bootloader first??
28th November 2014, 08:56 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellopr

Do I need to unlock the bootloader first??

If he says no, he just earned like over 5 grand.
28th November 2014, 10:12 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 555

More
Maxx only were his first words, yes you must unlock your bootloader first.
28th November 2014, 11:48 PM |#6  
Flag levittown
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Did this couple of days back, worked perfectly!! Now waiting for custom recovery and roms

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Hey since some of us are rooted, any body with knowledge care to look into trying to boost the sound of this baby a little?
29th November 2014, 12:40 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 229

Donate to Me
More
tested
NOT WORKING ON DROID TURBO
29th November 2014, 03:13 AM |#8  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prking07

Did this couple of days back, worked perfectly!! Now waiting for custom recovery and roms

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Hey since some of us are rooted, any body with knowledge care to look into trying to boost the sound of this baby a little?

Bummed i aint' got root. Anyway. 'mixer_paths.xml' search xda for the proper values to modify. Its super simple and should dramatically increase the volumes. I've used this method on a bunch of phones running stock 4.x.x. Will work on 5.0 also. Tested on my nexus 7 2nd gen.
29th November 2014, 03:14 PM |#9  
Flag Rome, ITALY
Thanks Meter: 44

Donate to Me
More
I'm sure Danger2u was 'reporting' and not 'complaining'.. easy enough to understand. it's way impossible OP would have been trying this on a turbo either,...
The Following User Says Thank You to redeyes717 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redeyes717 Ad-Free
29th November 2014, 05:49 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
There needs to be a Moto Maxx forum. Seeing this in the turbo forum from my turbo just makes me sad.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ahaynes42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ahaynes42 Ad-Free
29th November 2014, 07:26 PM |#11  
Flag Puebla
Thanks Meter: 369

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcreto

Code:
fastboot boot maxxpatched.img
6. Now you'll boot into the recovery.

When I get to step 5 and try to boot into recovery, only a resting android with a red exclamation point is shown.
And a text that says "Ningún comando" which means "No command".
I can't do anything else, after a while the phone reboots itself into my homescreen.

What should I do? What could be wrong?

UPDATE: Ok, after a while I found the solution:
Quote:

When it shows "no command", press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key. It will display additional menu options.

Thanks to sbdc003 in androidforumshttp://androidforums.com/
Thanks @alexcreto, great tutorial!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ImpheOtus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ImpheOtus Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)