[app] Turbo toast [A solution of Motorola Turbo charger Toast for custom ROM]

Search This thread

fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014
Brazil...South of the south
I made a very simple app with the intention of toast if the Motorola Turbo charger is connected a featuring that is available on stock ROM, with this app can be used on any custom ROM.

Mirror Download Click here or use below XDA labs apps

The app have two toast, they come enable by default.
* Display a toast message "Turbo Charger Connected" if Motorola Turbo Charger is connected and recognized by the system as the Turbo charger
* Display a toast message "Charge xx%" with the current battery percentage value when the charger is unplugged

turbotoast.png finaltoast.png

The app doesn't need to be running to toast, any of the toast can be disable.

How it works:
Only If the charger is connected/disconnected the OS will call the app then...
* If is a connection and the charger is recognized as Turbo a Toast mensagem "Turbo Charger Connected" will be display
* If is a disconnection a Toast mensagem "Charge xx%" will be display this doesn't depends if the charger is turbo or not it will be display every time when a disconnection is received.
* The app work depends of files that are on the root of the device the app only read the files there is no modifications, but for that read is need ROOT access so the app comes root enable by default, the user can if wanna turn Root option off but the app toast may not work properly. In the app start it will tell you if Root is working and warn about the need if you disable.

BTW
I know original toast is TurboPower connected but I prefer the one I choose.

This was tested on Motorola Moto Maxx (Turbo or Droid Turbo), must work on other Motorola devices that have the featuring

Developer donation link:
To donate via paypal click here
No other donation option is available.

Information:
Turbotoast (see above for details)

Contributors
baybutcher27
Source Code: https://github.com/bhb27/turbotoast

Version Information
Current Stable Version: Check Play link

Created 2016-07-28

Last edited:

fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014
Changelog:
V 1.0.0 (initial released)
V 1.0.1 ( Add Final charge toast + general improves)
V 1.0.2 (Add root support and materialized the app looks + general improves)
V 1.0.3 (Prevent odd toast message after boot)
V 1.0.4 (Add Spanish translation Thanks to @fenix3nk0r3 )
V 1.0.5 General Improves, add support to android 2.3 and up, Up translations (Add Spanish-US translation Thanks to @fenix3nk0r3 )
V 1.0.6:
* Set min api level to 13 ( HONEYCOMB_MR2 ) to prevent possible Force Close in android version under Lollipop, and Google statics show that the min android version using this app is Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (API level 17)
* Materialized app look in older android version before Lollipop
* General app optimization in apk size and performance
* Prevent app Force close in situation were user has no Browser or Email agent and try to click in the links in FAQ or About
* Add PT-PT translation
V 1.0.7
* Updates to fully work on android 7.1
* Improve translations
Version 1.0.8
* Updates Root functions to avoid error or app crash
Version 1.0.9
* New Round app Icon
* General app Improves
Version 1.1.0
* App looks improves
* App performance improves

Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Supported Chargers?
Any Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0* charger re branded by Motorola as "Turbo Charger"
*Probably supported Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0 untested

Supported Devices?
Any Device that have supported for the Supported chargers.
Device confirmed that works:
Moto Maxx(a.k.a Moto Turbo, Droid Turbo)

I plug the Charger there is no Toast?
If you are using a supported device/charger and there is no Toast check:
The USB cable can make a difference, use original (or high quality USB cables)
Charger may be damage try a different one
Use the "Do a Toast Test Check the output if that is not displaying "Turbo" at the end when you click, there will be no automatic "Turbo" toast when the charger is connected

What are the possible output of Do a Toast Test?

The kernel is configured to display the below flags when a charger is connected:
"None" (no charger connected)
"null" (This case the app need ROOT access if you give it ROOT access is very unlikely but may be or selinux blocking the app if you can try to disable that or yours Kernel output the flag in a path that the app is not configured to read this case try the developer on XDA thread)
"Normal" (Normal charger or PC charging)
"Weak" (damaged charger and or cable)
"Turbo" (Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 charger or Motorola "Turbo" Charger)
If when click on "Do a Toast Test" you get a different output print the screen and and mention @baybutcher27

Any bug report related to the app post on the thread :good:

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
TurboToast app works on ALL QuickCharge 2.0 chargers

I made a very simple app with the intention of toast if the Motorola Turbo charger is connected a featuring that is available on stock ROM, with this app can be used on any custom ROM.

This was tested on Motorola Moto Maxx (Turbo or Droid Turbo), must work on other Motorola devices that have the featuring

Hey @baybutcher27, great app. I don't know if it works on other Motorola device, but it does work on all other Qualcomm QuickCharge. 20 chargers!

May I suggest slight change in wording in the app description?

I just tested on FOUR DIFFERENT Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 chargers -- the Motorola "Turbo" charger that came with my XT1225 phone as well as three completely different brands of Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 chargers I ordered from Amazon (including my dual port car charger). This app works on all. :good:

Right now, your app description seems limited to only Motorola Turbo chargers, but your app actually works on ALL Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 chargers.

turbo%20toast1_zpsnxui6ibe.png

Motorola is just using Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 standard and calling it "Turbo Charging". (We've all known that for two years, it's not news.) Motorola just branded their use of Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 as "Turbo Charging". Samsung and others also enable QuickCharge 2.0 charging on their phone and many 3rd party manufacturers make Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 chargers. I have several other Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 chargers!

A Motorola-branded "Turbo" chager for the Quark phone is just a Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 charger made by Motorola. ;)

The wording change I would recommend in the app description is that it works on ALL Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 chargers, not just the Motorola branded chargers.
NOTE: This app may also work on the new Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0 charges (since they are backwards compatible), but I do not have any to test.

________

Also, in testing your app, I also found high quality USB cables make a difference. I have many different USB cables around the house. Those that came with my phone and many others for various devices. On one Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 charger, when I plugged in my phone at first it did NOT give the Turbo toast -- which puzzled me. I then swapped out that USB cable for a high-quality USB cable (MediaBridge brand) and YES! There it was -- Turbo charging toast. That might be something else you would wish to add to the description? :confused: Don't want people to blame you for the app not working, when really it's their low quality USB cable!

_______
Besides the Motorola chargers that came with my phone, these are the other Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 chargers I test this app on:

[Qualcomm Certified] Extsud® Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 USB Intelligent Car Charger With Two USB Turbo Fast Adaptive Quick Charge Ports
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XJ7OTS0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
61spZoe5YrL._SL1000_.jpg

CHOE Quick Charge 2.0, [Qualcomm Certified Reversible USB Port] 18W USB Turbo Wall Charger
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QTJZ3D0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
61GXYkHTA7L._SL1000_.jpg

iXCC 18 Watt Turbo Wall Charger for Qualcomm QC 2.0 Enabled Devices
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019EV4ONY/ref=twister_B015O1ZN8I?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
61zTMH4-13L._SL1409_.jpg

______

For those interested in the MediaBridge USB cables, here you go... I actually just went back and wrote an Amazon 5-star review of these cables due to testing with this app.

Here's 6ft at Amazon. Also other lengths are available.
Mediabridge USB 2.0 - Micro-USB to USB Cable
https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-...=Mediabridge+USB+2.0+-+Micro-USB+to+USB+Cable
81q-s3Ny5wL._SL1500_.jpg

For my car charger, I use this since it's coiled and can stretch to what I need:
Mediabridge USB 2.0 - Micro-USB to USB Coiled Cable (1-3 Feet) - High-Speed A Male to Micro B with Gold-Plated Connectors

https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-...=Mediabridge+USB+2.0+-+Micro-USB+to+USB+Cable
71a2rRQVvPL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JudoFlipChopX3

fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014
I did a major up on the app...

Releasing a test version.

This is not final as I did not make any translation, I plane to translate to pt-BR.

The app now is a ROOT app, I notice after testing on other device that is only works if selinux is off, but if it has ROOT privilege it works ok with selinux on, so I included root tools, and make root enable by default but the user can disable and run the app without root but it may not show a correct toast...

the looks is a lot improve as I enable and take the time to config materialized style.

made a faq section and a about one...

even with all that the app is very simple only 40kB in size and works perfect...

have fun if any one have any input let me know...

:good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160730-002639.png
    Screenshot_20160730-002639.png
    251 KB · Views: 478
  • Screenshot_20160730-002626.jpg
    Screenshot_20160730-002626.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 481
  • Screenshot_20160730-002618.png
    Screenshot_20160730-002618.png
    249.4 KB · Views: 473
  • Screenshot_20160730-002604.jpg
    Screenshot_20160730-002604.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 433
  • Screenshot_20160730-002608.jpg
    Screenshot_20160730-002608.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 413
  • Screenshot_20160730-000823.png
    Screenshot_20160730-000823.png
    219.5 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:

fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014

This is not final as I did not make any translation, I plane to translate to pt-BR.

The app now is a ROOT app, I notice after testing on other device that is only works if selinux is off, but if it has ROOT privilege it works ok with selinux on, so I included root tools, and make root enable by default but the user can disable and run the app without root but it may not show a correct toast...

the looks is a lot improve as I enable and take the time to config materialized style.

even with all that the app is very simple only 40kB in size and works perfect...

I up the Final version 1.0.2
update pt-BR and add some safety check. The app is 100%

Download

Reactions: Ducadim and wmgrace

fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014
I up a new version of the APP

I found a odd behavior of android, don't know if is all androids ROM but on CM base right after boot/reboot the OS will send a ACTION_POWER_DISCONNECTED (even if there is no disconnection of the charger) as the app uses it to toast the final charge the app will toast that and because the OS is just starting there may be a odd toast as things are just loading.

So fix the app code to not care for that one call after boot + I fix some description in the app + some general code improve.

Download V1.0.3

Last edited:

fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014
Languages, I can help to Spanish

If you wanna, I will be pleased...

the thing to change is the inside of >in red<

example
Code:
<string name="battery_turbo_toast">[COLOR="Red"]Turbo Charger Toast[/COLOR]</string>
translate it becomes
Code:
<string name="battery_turbo_toast">[COLOR="Red"]Mensagem Toast Carregador Turbo[/COLOR]</string>

* app name doesn't need translate...
Code:
<string name="app_name">TurboToast</string>

there is special characters like
\u0022
\n
\'

I believed that \' for example in the word "don't" is not need in any word in Spanish, so where that is present can be removed, but the other two are need example

Code:
\u0022[COLOR="Red"]Charge[/COLOR] %\u0022
becomes
Code:
\u0022[COLOR="Red"]Carregou[/COLOR] %\u0022

in:
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]<string name="faq_do_a_toast_summary">[/COLOR]
the words... None, null, Normal, Weak, and turbo can't be translate as this is what comes from the kernel and kernel is all in US it only outputs this words...
pt-rBR as a example the languages have common uses...

Attachments

• strings.xml
    4.4 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: fenix3nk0r3

fenix3nk0r3

Account currently disabled
Jun 6, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
If you wanna, I will be pleased...

the thing to change is the inside of >in red<

example
Code:
<string name="battery_turbo_toast">[COLOR="Red"]Turbo Charger Toast[/COLOR]</string>
translate it becomes
Code:
<string name="battery_turbo_toast">[COLOR="Red"]Mensagem Toast Carregador Turbo[/COLOR]</string>

* app name doesn't need translate...
Code:
<string name="app_name">TurboToast</string>

there is special characters like
\u0022
\n
\'

I believed that \' for example in the word "don't" is not need in any word in Spanish, so where that is present can be removed, but the other two are need example

Code:
\u0022[COLOR="Red"]Charge[/COLOR] %\u0022
becomes
Code:
\u0022[COLOR="Red"]Carregou[/COLOR] %\u0022

in:
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]<string name="faq_do_a_toast_summary">[/COLOR]
the words... None, null, Normal, Weak, and turbo can't be translate as this is what comes from the kernel and kernel is all in US it only outputs this words...
pt-rBR as a example the languages have common uses...

Test Please, You can create a version with my language es-mx? for testing :confused:

Attachments

• strings_es-MX.xml
    4.6 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: fgl27

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Mirror Download Click here or use below XDA labs apps

The app have two toast, they come enable by default.
    * Display a toast message "Turbo Charger Connected" if Motorola Turbo Charger is connected and recognized by the system as the Turbo charger
    * Display a toast message "Charge xx%" with the current battery percentage value when the charger is unplugged

turbotoast.png finaltoast.png

The app doesn't need to be running to toast, any of the toast can be disable.

How it works:
    Only If the charger is connected/disconnected the OS will call the app then...
    * If is a connection and the charger is recognized as Turbo a Toast mensagem "Turbo Charger Connected" will be display
    * If is a disconnection a Toast mensagem "Charge xx%" will be display this doesn't depends if the charger is turbo or not it will be display every time when a disconnection is received.
    * The app work depends of files that are on the root of the device the app only read the files there is no modifications, but for that read is need ROOT access so the app comes root enable by default, the user can if wanna turn Root option off but the app toast may not work properly. In the app start it will tell you if Root is working and warn about the need if you disable.

BTW
    I know original toast is TurboPower connected but I prefer the one I choose.

Developer donation link:
    To donate via paypal click here
    No other donation option is available.

Information:
    Turbotoast (see above for details)

Contributors
    baybutcher27
    Source Code: https://github.com/bhb27/turbotoast

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Check Play link

Created 2016-07-28
    Version 1.1.6
    * Fix Turbo Toast display on android Oreo

Must be available in play to all if not now in a moment.... mirror link of OP and xda labs updated.

Screenshot_Settings_20180213-104829.png Screenshot_Settings_20180213-104834.png
    I up a new version of the APP

I found a odd behavior of android, don't know if is all androids ROM but on CM base right after boot/reboot the OS will send a ACTION_POWER_DISCONNECTED (even if there is no disconnection of the charger) as the app uses it to toast the final charge the app will toast that and because the OS is just starting there may be a odd toast as things are just loading.

So fix the app code to not care for that one call after boot + I fix some description in the app + some general code improve.

Download V1.0.3
    Version 1.1.5
    * General performance Improves

Must be available in play to all if not now in a moment.... mirror link of OP updated.