Cast screen not working on lollipop

Search This thread

androidoholic

Sep 17, 2011
Simi Valley, CA
I was able to get my screen to cast to my Chromecast from my nexus 9 but its not working for my Moto X. Any ideas?
08dcd0670c9491c90d83f136dd25df50.jpg

Last edited:

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
It wasn't working on 4.4.4 either. Google need to approve each device for Chromecast mirroring. I guess they didn't approve the moto x yet.

kcustom11

Sep 15, 2010
There's an app that used to work on 4.4.4. Mirror Enabler (requires root), however I can't get it to work on lollipop. Probably have to wait.

Edit: seems like it works as long as you don't reboot. After reboot you have to disable and reenable the app. Here's a link to the thread.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=57314765

9a3caa3264f155d13d720c06d4dcd96b.jpg

Last edited:

gotzaDroid

Sep 13, 2012
Yeah, for some reason Google will approve all the Samsung phones under the sun, but none from a company they used to own....

helldogg75

Oct 29, 2011
A site Android Police uses for apk files. I use it a lot and never have an issue. Use at your own risk or just wait for the update to push on its own.

tobeannouncd

Jun 8, 2013
Thats an update to the chromecast app, which we shouldnt need. Its still not working from the notification toggle. My nexus 7 discovers my chromecast, but my moto x does not. Very annoying.
As screen casting to Chromecast is still in beta for non-Nexus devices, it is unlikely that Chromecasts will show up in Cast Screen settings. My guess is that only Miracast devices will appear there until Chromecast screen casting is out of beta.

qwerty12601

May 29, 2009
As screen casting to Chromecast is still in beta for non-Nexus devices, it is unlikely that Chromecasts will show up in Cast Screen settings. My guess is that only Miracast devices will appear there until Chromecast screen casting is out of beta.
Why did they put it in the pull down menu on this device then? Just a little annoying, especially as the software is near stock. Doesn't make sense why the moto x can't recognize it there, but can screen cast from the app...

tobeannouncd

Jun 8, 2013
Why did they put it in the pull down menu on this device then? Just a little annoying, especially as the software is near stock. Doesn't make sense why the moto x can't recognize it there, but can screen cast from the app...
I tried screen cast from the Chromecast app a few times over the weekend, and it was extremely buggy. When in portrait, only the left third of the phone screen showed up on my TV. In landscape, just the upper left quadrant of the phone screen showed up. The software is too buggy to bake it into the native settings. I haven't tried Miracast yet, but I've heard that it's a lot more stable.

qwerty12601

May 29, 2009
I tried screen cast from the Chromecast app a few times over the weekend, and it was extremely buggy. When in portrait, only the left third of the phone screen showed up on my TV. In landscape, just the upper left quadrant of the phone screen showed up. The software is too buggy to bake it into the native settings. I haven't tried Miracast yet, but I've heard that it's a lot more stable.
Hmmm well it worked great in the Chromecast app for me. And it works flawlessly on my nexus 7. But that's neither here nor there. They shouldn't have put it in the settings menu if the moto x isn't supported. It's unfinished to have an option like that come up, but not be avail.