FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Frequent reboot on Lineage OS 14 on Moto X (XT1095)

102 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By waveking9, Senior Member on 4th April 2018, 12:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Two days back I installed the recent stable build of Lineage OS 14 to my wife's Moto X 2014 (victara). The phone for sure now seems much responsive, faster and leaner, BUT now it has started rebooting abruptly every now and then.

It is not in a boot loop but just reboots suddenly anytime, multiple times throughout the day. Sometimes it even just freezes completely and I need to force shut it off. I had done a cache and dalvik wipe, and before starting I had done a factory reset.

Anybody has any suggestions? Please save me from the wrath of my wife!!
4th April 2018, 03:43 PM |#2  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 288

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveking9

Two days back I installed the recent stable build of Lineage OS 14 to my wife's Moto X 2014 (victara). The phone for sure now seems much responsive, faster and leaner, BUT now it has started rebooting abruptly every now and then.

It is not in a boot loop but just reboots suddenly anytime, multiple times throughout the day. Sometimes it even just freezes completely and I need to force shut it off. I had done a cache and dalvik wipe, and before starting I had done a factory reset.

Anybody has any suggestions? Please save me from the wrath of my wife!!

So you start off with the latest stock firmware, you flash the latest TWRP and do an Advanced Wipe, wipe System, Data, and all Caches, you flash Lineage and Open Gapps, and wipe caches. Did you install any apps afterwards?
4th April 2018, 07:59 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus Ghanem

So you start off with the latest stock firmware, you flash the latest TWRP and do an Advanced Wipe, wipe System, Data, and all Caches, you flash Lineage and Open Gapps, and wipe caches. Did you install any apps afterwards?

Yes, I installed the Open Gapps. After reboot, I did install a few limited apps (most from google)- Facebook, Facebook Lite messenger (now uninstalled), Whatsapp, Bloomz and number of Google apps such as maps, inbox, Pay, Phone, Keep, Android Auto, Google message, google calander, Chrome, google docs, goodle drive, google sheets, google home, lastpass.
5th April 2018, 12:01 AM |#4  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 288

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveking9

Yes, I installed the Open Gapps. After reboot, I did install a few limited apps (most from google)- Facebook, Facebook Lite messenger (now uninstalled), Whatsapp, Bloomz and number of Google apps such as maps, inbox, Pay, Phone, Keep, Android Auto, Google message, google calander, Chrome, google docs, goodle drive, google sheets, google home, lastpass.

There's been a freezing issue with Facebook for a while now, not sure if that could be it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gus Ghanem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gus Ghanem Ad-Free
8th April 2018, 05:45 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus Ghanem

There's been a freezing issue with Facebook for a while now, not sure if that could be it.

Thanks! Yes, i later singled out and found that it indeed was Facebook!! I did a factory wipe, and this time only installed Google Inbox, Whatsapp and facebook Lite. Everything was fine. Today, I took the next step and replaced facebook lite with facebook full version. Even before i could type in the facebook password, the phone froze!. This is sad. I will continue searching if there are any solutions to this, instead of having to use facebook lite or an older version of lineageos.
The Following User Says Thank You to waveking9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift waveking9 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lineage 14, victara

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)