FORUMS

Moto X Play performance

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By renatique, Junior Member on 26th August 2015, 09:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone!
There are debates about Qualcom 615 (adreno 405) performance. Could share your empressions about speed, lugs and else.
How smooth it works with browsers, heavy apps and games.
Thanks)
The Following User Says Thank You to renatique For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift renatique Ad-Free
27th August 2015, 05:53 AM |#2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Tbh, I don't see much difference with a Moto X 2013 updated to 5.1. Snappy, browsing is cool as usual, you can switch from one app to another quite fast and well, everyday tasks are "Motorola as usual", y'know?
I feel like the keyboard swipping tray is at a low fps though. and it's quite annoying, anyone else have that problem?

Specs wise... Well, the clockspeed is the same as the 2013, but it has double the cores. My Antutu score with the X Play is 33k and 28k with the 5.1 2013.

I'm not really demanding performance-wise (no 3D games, etc.) but I definitely notice it when my music lags when I open another app (started doing that on my 2013 with the 5.1 update :/), and the X Play doesn't do that, yay!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alenym For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alenym Ad-Free
27th August 2015, 07:16 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alenym

Tbh, I don't see much difference with a Moto X 2013 updated to 5.1. Snappy, browsing is cool as usual, you can switch from one app to another quite fast and well, everyday tasks are "Motorola as usual", y'know?
I feel like the keyboard swipping tray is at a low fps though. and it's quite annoying, anyone else have that problem?

Specs wise... Well, the clockspeed is the same as the 2013, but it has double the cores. My Antutu score with the X Play is 33k and 28k with the 5.1 2013.

I'm not really demanding performance-wise (no 3D games, etc.) but I definitely notice it when my music lags when I open another app (started doing that on my 2013 with the 5.1 update :/), and the X Play doesn't do that, yay!

Thanks for your comment. As I understood there is no any critical issues whith performance, it's smooth and fast?
27th August 2015, 08:11 PM |#4  
Flag Kent, uk
Thanks Meter: 163

More
I'm considering upgrading from my Galaxy s5 mainly for the extra battery life, but am worried about a drop in a performance. Anyone upgraded from a 800 series snapdragon mobile?
27th August 2015, 09:45 PM |#5  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simacca

I'm considering upgrading from my Galaxy s5 mainly for the extra battery life, but am worried about a drop in a performance. Anyone upgraded from a 800 series snapdragon mobile?

I'm coming from a few devices. I mostly used the Nexus 6 and I can tell this phone isn't as fast as the N6. There are way more micro lags on the X Play. But, the flip side is the camera is much better and the battery actually lasts all day, so I can deal with some lag here and there.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thegregulator For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thegregulator Ad-Free
27th August 2015, 11:46 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 472

More
^Pretty much echoes my opinions compared to my Zenfone 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Devhux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Devhux Ad-Free
28th August 2015, 02:26 AM |#7  
Flag Sao Paulo
Thanks Meter: 49

More
I do feel those micro lags, and sometimes it pisses me off , i'm looking forward to get Moto X style , it's not that X play is bad, still kept my LG g4 and Galaxy S6 in the drawer so you get the point . When i get the X Style i might switch back to X play because of the battery is very good.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Galinha1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Galinha1 Ad-Free
28th August 2015, 04:46 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
I'm curios why they didn't just put in a last gen 800 series cpu-gpu. I get they are trying to save money but I really don't think this is the solution. Due to initial benchmarks, the 615 is slower than a SD 800 in almost every category and even the multi-core is slower. I'm much rather have a faster quad-core than a slower octa-core. Does anyone else agree or am I missing something in the octa-core debate?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mach01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mach01 Ad-Free
28th August 2015, 05:47 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 472

More
Battery life and cost are my guesses.
28th August 2015, 07:01 AM |#10  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Yeah I think it's exactly what Devhux said. Well battery life could be less of a concern on a big.LITTLE architecture, but Motorola isn't exactly known for putting cutting edge technology in its phone!
I really think it's the cost, to keep it under the 400$ (cad) mark.
28th August 2015, 11:44 AM |#11  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 172

More
I've turned my animation scales down to .5x in the developer settings. It's definitely making a difference. I don't mind the 615. I really want to get the Style but I can't imagine battery life will be very good. Too much screen.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thegregulator For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thegregulator Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)