1,045 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,573

Post Reply Email Thread
20th June 2016, 04:10 PM |#361  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vache

Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Boot TWRP to test :
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img

Flash permanently :
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Unlocked bootloader is needed (Check this thread for help)

Check the download tab for download link !

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Moto X Play

Contributors
vache, squid2
Source Code: https://github.com/sultanqasim/andro...e_motorola_lux

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.0.2-r3
Stable Release Date: 2016-04-13

Created 2015-09-05
Last Updated 2016-04-13

I am getting the following error: mismatched partition size (recovery)

21st June 2016, 05:09 PM |#362  
Flag Visakhapatnam
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Unable to mount storage
Installed twrp on xplay 16gigs Indian version...I tried all the versions available but I always get the error unable to mount storage whenever I try to back up my stock ROM...and also if I click on select storage it is showing internal storage as 0...
22nd June 2016, 01:14 PM |#363  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeshyams

Edit: Updated to latest without entering above in TWRP terminal- working fine, tested backup also

I have a minor problem , requestin g help

Using 3.0.2-r3 without any problem

I think when I ran it first, permission wasn'r given to modify system , which has an unfortunate side effect

Any changes i make to system , even minor things like settings and back up, when I need to restore it, it won't restore "system" because it is write protected, so i can only restore data

How do I overcome this?

**Edit**

I tried flashing same version/ earlier version of recovery using adb but after reporting target size nothing happened for a long time (even after rebooting device)
My thought was if I get to the setup screen in newly flashed TWRP, I could allow it to modify system

Any ideas/ help folks??
19th August 2016, 01:41 PM |#364  
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Just asking: what's the reason why for 3.0.2-r3 'error 6' when trying to flash boot logo zip?

Sent from my Motorola XT1563 using XDA Labs
19th August 2016, 07:50 PM |#365  
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 2,038

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Analog Kid

Just asking: what's the reason why for 3.0.2-r3 'error 6' when trying to flash boot logo zip?

Flash the bootlogo through fastboot.

Sent from my du_lux using XDA-Developers mobile app
20th August 2016, 12:12 PM |#366  
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime

Flash the bootlogo through fastboot.

Well, (really) thanks for your kind suggestion, but that's not the answer to my question. I've been flashing boot logo through fastboot already on this device though, it's kinda frustrating not having the same sort of easiness I had with previous Moto G 2014 on this Moto X Play, in more than this matter. Obviously, it can't (or at least there are no plans to) be fixed (if related) since there haven't been updates for 3.0.2-r3 for long time now. So question about 'error 6' remains... (And nope, I'm not going back to Moto G 2014 to 'solve' the issue, lol). Greetings

20th August 2016, 12:20 PM |#367  
Thanks Meter: 313

More
Check System/cache for detailed log. Assume your logo is too large for the partition.
14th October 2016, 10:42 AM |#368  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Bump
Solved.. Posting for benefit of others. From the TWRP file manager navigate to /sdcard/TWRP rename/ delete .twrps file, Reboot into recovery, mount system and disable " mount system read only" ( last option on mount menu) and you are good to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeshyams

I have a minor problem , requestin g help

Using 3.0.2-r3 without any problem

I think when I ran it first, permission wasn'r given to modify system , which has an unfortunate side effect

Any changes i make to system , even minor things like settings and back up, when I need to restore it, it won't restore "system" because it is write protected, so i can only restore data

How do I overcome this?

**Edit**

I tried flashing same version/ earlier version of recovery using adb but after reporting target size nothing happened for a long time (even after rebooting device)
My thought was if I get to the setup screen in newly flashed TWRP, I could allow it to modify system

Any ideas/ help folks??

21st October 2016, 07:22 AM |#369  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hello,

I've a XT1563 version of a Moto X Play. It was sell by Bell in Canada few months ago but I bought it directly from someone.

First, I unlocked the bootloader following the gammerson's tutorial ("steps-how-to-unlock-bootloader-of-moto-x-play.html").

Then, I installed TWRP 3.0.2-r3 following the gammerson's tutorial ("how-to-root-moto-x-play-by-flashing-twrp-recovery-steps.html")

However, I didn't put SuperSUv2.46.zip on it but the last version: SuperSU-v2.78-201609011115.zip (found on the official SuperSU thread).

Directly after the recovery mode was flashed, I started it to boot TWRP and to install SuperSU through the zip method. Then I reboot to the bootloader and then I reboot to the system.

But my phone stay blocked on the Unlocked bootloader alert message: "Warning bootloader unlocked...". I tried to flash again with the TWRP build by sultanqasim (available on the github repo) then install SuperSU from chainfire (SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip) but it's still the same.

What can I do?

When I replace the recovery mode for a second or a third time, is the SuperSU installation disappear or not?
Should I flash with a stok image from the github (.../motoxplay/stock) ? How to be sure to use the right one?

Thanks for your help.
21st October 2016, 07:41 AM |#370  
Thanks Meter: 346

More
You need to configure SuperSU to do systemless. There is some echo line which does this. Default SuperSU action on nearly all Motorola is to patch system, which AFAIK fails on all these devices.
21st October 2016, 06:14 PM |#371  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag68

You need to configure SuperSU to do systemless. There is some echo line which does this. Default SuperSU action on nearly all Motorola is to patch system, which AFAIK fails on all these devices.

OK done. It's working now. Thanks a lot!

I followed this tutorial: "[ROOT][GUIDE] Systemless Rooting with SuperSU 2.78". So basically, you have to boot on TWRP, open a terminal and enter :
Code:
echo "SYSTEMLESS=true" > /data/.supersu
Then, flash SuperSU through .zip
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)