[TWRP][lux] TWRP for Moto X Play

Search This thread

manan001

I've rebased my TWRP fork on the latest upstream release. It brings mis

cellaneous bug fixes from upstream. As usual, the download is on the downloads tab.

I've also updated the kernel with recent security and bug fix patches - I'm in the process of bringing my "Squid Kernel" project back up to date. A new Squid Kernel release will probably come some time next week.

thank you bro for supporting LUX

juliatan

Nov 6, 2012
Is this TWRP (from Vache & Squid2) THÉ TWRP for Moto X Play or are there different TWRP's for this device?

And latest twrp-lux-3.1.1-r1.img is from 2017-07-12 19:37. Is this TWRP compatible to flash on newer fully stock (incl. stock recovery) 7.1.1 Nougat XT1562?

Thanks.

nadimsbs

Oct 6, 2013
Purnea
It's not working

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

twrp-lux-3.1.1-r1.img dated 2017-07-12 19:37
Is this TWRP compatible to flash on newer fully stock (incl. stock recovery) 7.1.1 Nougat XT1562?

@nadimsbs
You didn't wrote anything helpful about Your problem, but I remember that if You reboot into OS right after flashing TWRP over stock recovery, it will be overwritten by stock. So You have to reboot into bootloader using command fastboot reboot-bootloader, choose Recovery, and than after it boots, You can safely reboot to system as it won't be overwritten anymore.

And it should work with stock as it's working on custom 7.x and both are AOSP.

Reactions: arshar01

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario
Squid TWRP 3.2.0-r1

I've posted a new build of my TWRP with the latest changes from upstream. It brings better support for Oreo zips while still supporting older ones. It also has improvements to the reliability of backups.

arshar01

Jan 11, 2016
Moto - LUX - XT1562 - 7.1.1 - Failing to default recovery

THANKS CH3MN3Y as you said ---- " If You reboot into OS right after flashing TWRP over stock recovery, it will be overwritten by stock. So You have to reboot into bootloader using command fastboot reboot-bootloader, choose Recovery, and than after it boots, You can safely reboot to system as it won't be overwritten anymore.

And it should work with stock as it's working on custom 7.x and both are AOSP. "

Last edited:

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario
Squid TWRP 3.2.1-r1

I've posted an updated build of my TWRP fork. It brings bug fixes related to the ADB backup feature, and also executes automated recovery scripts (such as wipe and update commands) without first waiting for the user to enter a decryption password. As usual, the download is on the downloads tab.

cooperg2001

Jan 2, 2018
Question of what year

You would'nt happen to know how to tell what year of Moto X Play a device is would you?

DangeloGH

Jan 20, 2011
Cuiaba - MT
Someone help me, stopped on this screen.

IMG_20180109_141321.jpg

I waited more than 30 minutes and nothing

-----------------------------------

I got it
I came back some twrp versions
but I had to go through the lineage again

update twrp-lux-3.2.1-r1 ok now

Last edited:

freakstory777

Feb 2, 2018
twrp flash doesnt work

this is what i get when i try to (fastboot flash recovery "recovery.img") ie i renamed twrp file "recovery.img" no quotes or brackets in string

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>(bootloader) slot-count: not found
slot-count: was unexpected at this time.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>(bootloader) slot-suffixes: not found
slot-suffixes: was unexpected at this time.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>(bootloader) slot-suffixes: not found
slot-suffixes: was unexpected at this time.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>(bootloader) has-slot:recovery: not found
has-slot:recovery: was unexpected at this time.

gould123

May 17, 2009
Anybody know how long will by: "The forums are currently offline while we are performing system maintenance. Be back soon!"

Jatin Patel

Sep 15, 2010
I need to flash the recovery temporarily, as my adopted sd card is corrupted
https://xdaforums.com/moto-x-play/help/sd-card-missing-reinser-device-t3727984
bootlocker is locked and if i can temporarily flash the recovery then i think i can read the root partition and get the encryption key from the device
but while I flash the recovery temporarily i get an following error
-----------------------------------------------------------
Code:
C:\Users\JP\Downloads>fastboot boot twrp.img
(bootloader) slot-count: not found
(bootloader) slot-suffixes: not found
(bootloader) slot-suffixes: not found
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [  0.266s]
booting...
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.281s
-----------------------------------------------------------

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my version of TWRP built for the 2015 Moto X Play. It should work fine, but using it is a try at your own risk procedure. Your bootloader must be unlocked to use this recovery. Fastboot mode is used to flash or boot this recovery. To enter fastboot mode, turn off your device, hold PWR and VolDn for 3 seconds, then let go.

Differences between upstream TWRP and my fork:
    • My original green theme
    • No SuperSU
    • No TWRP app
    • No HTC Dumlock cruft
    • Updated pigz compressor (slightly faster and more tolerant of corruption)

To temporarily boot this recovery:
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img

To permanently flash it:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

The download is up on the downloads tab.

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Moto X Play

Contributors
    vache, squid2
    Source Code: https://github.com/sultanqasim/android_device_motorola_lux

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.2.3-r1
    Stable Release Date: 2018-08-16

Created 2015-09-05
    Last Updated 2018-08-16
    Squid TWRP 3.1.1-r1

I've rebased my TWRP fork on the latest upstream release. It brings miscellaneous bug fixes from upstream. As usual, the download is on the downloads tab.

I've also updated the kernel with recent security and bug fix patches - I'm in the process of bringing my "Squid Kernel" project back up to date. A new Squid Kernel release will probably come some time next week.
    Squid TWRP 3.0.2-r5

I've posted a new TWRP build with improved Nougat compatibility and many small updates from upstream. The download is up on the downloads tab as usual.
    I made a 3.1.0 twrp image, since thats official out now:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862709644
    Squid TWRP 3.0.1-r1

I've posted a new build from my TWRP fork. It's up to date with the upstream 3.0.1-0 release, though as always my fork has a few additional changes and cleanups. For this release, I have created a new dark green theme for my fork. I hope you like it. The download for this build is a bit bigger than earlier versions because of extra assets added for my theme.