FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Unofficial Lineage-16.0 (Android 9.0 PIE)

2,700 posts
Thanks Meter: 18,000

By randomblame, Recognized Developer on 15th October 2018, 06:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is unofficial lineageos 16 for Motorola Clark. It is only compatible with nougat firmware - you must have the nougat bootloader and modem flashed on your device.

Tons of thanks to hashbang for all of his work

Kernel Source-
https://github.com/randomblame/andro...torola_msm8992

Device tree-
https://github.com/randomblame/andro...motorola_clark

Current status of rom-
Daily Driver

Broken-
Camera post processing- rotation is not accounted for in hal with latest round of hacks credit to AgathosAnthropos for fixing image capture by disabling the calls to pp, hold device in landscape for photos
Tethering - it works but device will soft reboot when tethering stops
Dual sim variants are NOT supported! I do not have the hardware to test and fix at this time - bugreports appreciated

Working - everything else?

Try it yourself (Requires Nougat Firmware and as always wipe data+cache)

Latest Release:
8/1/2019 https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...31924117928331
Don't forget to grab a compatible version of gapps for 9.0
https://opengapps.org

Once again this rom REQUIRES that the stock nougat firmware was properly flashed to work correctly... It will check before installation that you have the correct modem version installed.
*If your radio does not work you may have the wrong modem
*If you can not switch lockscreen to pin or pattern you may have the wrong modem.
*Modem flashes fail quietly sometimes please make sure you have properly flashed it before reporting issues.
The Following 61 Users Say Thank You to randomblame For This Useful Post: [ View ]

15th October 2018, 08:31 AM |#2  
Somewhere!
Thanks Meter: 603

More
Great!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5X mediante Tapatalk
15th October 2018, 02:01 PM |#3  
Flag Amersfoort
Thanks Meter: 102

More
I'll be happy to test once there is a working rom
17th October 2018, 08:16 AM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer

More
I've been updating op, it seems to just be getting shorter as I fix things. The rom now compiles with default manifest only needs device tree and kernel source now. something is failing quietly and preventing boot. I'm just working the problem slowly getting it sorted out.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to randomblame For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2018, 02:25 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can't wait to see more from this
18th October 2018, 02:18 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
We wait impatiently.
18th October 2018, 02:37 AM |#7  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Spent a couple more hours going through init narrowing it down failure happens just before zygote startsI currently have my pure propped up in charging position so I can work more on it it's had a hard life
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to randomblame For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2018, 09:14 PM |#8  
Flag Lehigh Valley
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thank You so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomblame

I've been updating op, it seems to just be getting shorter as I fix things. The rom now compiles with default manifest only needs device tree and kernel source now. something is failing quietly and preventing boot. I'm just working the problem slowly getting it sorted out.

I have been searching and search for lineage OS roms for my XT1575 but the bootloader is Ax052 which is not supported by 14.1 Lineage. I Hope you find a fix for this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moto X Pure XT1575 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Moto X Pure XT1575 Ad-Free
19th October 2018, 12:23 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto X Pure XT1575

I have been searching and search for lineage OS roms for my XT1575 but the bootloader is Ax052 which is not supported by 14.1 Lineage. I Hope you find a fix for this.

Hi, I have the Lineague 14.2 installed. What I did to eliminate the bootloader check was to edit the uptader-script
The Following User Says Thank You to Brylex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Brylex Ad-Free
19th October 2018, 04:31 AM |#10  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Fixing error caused by missing taskstats kernel feature
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to randomblame For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th October 2018, 11:43 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Hi randomblame,

A quick review please, could you tell us the intended purpose of your project.
Meaning like I'm thinking it's for a "Moto X Pure 2015 (clark)" device isn't it?
Would that be for everyone on this XT1575 device which has upgraded to a stock Nougat kernel and modem?

Or could/would others benefit from it as well with your research here - other moto's?
Any and all answers - thoughts are welcome in understanding the project...
Thanks for the lady power on XDA,
RIF

This device can have a new future. Think about it !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ResistanceIsFutile For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ResistanceIsFutile Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)