Official Nougat 7.0 soak test starts in Brazil

Search This thread

smallmj

Nov 29, 2013
I'm not using it but being a member of a facebook group and this was reported there. Also I asked the same question as you did and here's the reply for that: Performance is way smoother as usual.. But seeing a major improvement in Battery. I was used to geyt average (100% to 30%) during 9am to 1pm on regular usage. Now (100% to 30%) runs till 5pm without any issues. Really happy with this..

That sounds really good.

Ashenphoenix

Dec 19, 2010
Budapest
hearthstonehungary.hu
Mod Edit: Quote removed

I know the Moto G5, but you said Moto 5G.

(Mod Edit: not needed)

Anyway I think the Moto G5 is a great phone, though I don't have one, it's a mid-range phone. If someone was looking for a great mid-range phone, I'd suggest the Moto G5 (I have a first gen. Moto G, which I used for almost 3 years, but it still works perfectly).
I love my Moto X Pure and I don't want to replace it for quite a long time.
I still don't know what's your problem with Lenovo exactly... I can't really say anything about Lenovo (yet), Moto Z was an ambitious idea, but I don't think it's too great. I'm curious to see what they'll announce this year (apart from Moto G5 and G5 plus) whether they go to a good or a bad direction. A new Moto X would be a great thing with Moto Maker and similar look to the X Pure. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member
* * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Folks, this is NOT FaceBook, Twitter, or the playground.

If you are unable to comment with respect , or without violating Xda Rules, simply do not comment at all.

Personal attacks, insults, and profanity will not be tolerated. This includes profanity using ****. If this is the only way you can communicate with other users, find somewhere else to communicate: it is not allowed, or welcome in Xda.

When users are being disruptive, or violating the rules, please just report them, do not try to correct them or engage them, as it rarely ends there.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Last edited:

Muffycheeks

May 3, 2011
No offense, but why? The bootloader is not relevant (or did you mean kernel source code) and do you really think the radios are going to be any different?

I very seldom use a stock rom, my choice is mostly custom. Therefore I want the latest bootloader and radios, if there are any changes, just for sake of being up-to-date.

Last edited:

AsquareX

Mar 18, 2012
Kalyan
An Indian user on Google+ has reported he has received the public roll out update on his phone without registering for soak test. Don't know if it's true or not. I checked mine and haven't got it yet. Please someone else from India check for update on your phone.

Here's the link to the post: https://plus.google.com/102507913800547602711/posts/KMwxWMnDw7G

Last edited:

CostasV23

Sep 22, 2013

Sagar_1401

Sep 10, 2015
Navi Mumbai India
An Indian user on Google+ has reported he has received the public roll out update on his phone without registering for soak test. Don't know if it's true or not. I checked mine and haven't got it yet. Please someone else from India check for update on your phone.

Here's the link to the post: https://plus.google.com/102507913800547602711/posts/KMwxWMnDw7G

Ill have to go back to stock now :/ if its not true then ill report and if its true ill provide the .zip file or the download link for retasia ds asap

And i think thats fake caus there is no proof of any screenshot.. If it was really out then he would have just provided the screenshot

Last edited:

AsquareX

Mar 18, 2012
Kalyan
Ill have to go back to stock now :/ if its not true then ill report and if its true ill provide the .zip file or the download link for retasia ds asap

And i think thats fake caus there is no proof of any screenshot.. If it was really out then he would have just provided the screenshot
Yes I too feel the same. If Indian stock users can confirm it, it would be clear then.

Aleycat

Nov 21, 2012

He has shared the screenshot as well, if he's not lying (and does not seem that he is lying) then they have not released VoLTE support which is a huge problem. If that's confirmed will immediately sell my phone.

Sagar_1401

Sep 10, 2015
Navi Mumbai India
He has shared the screenshot as well, if he's not lying (and does not seem that he is lying) then they have not released VoLTE support which is a huge problem. If that's confirmed will immediately sell my phone.

Yes its legit moto spokesperson just said that to me no volte
I know how that feels but this phone has lots of features that no other phones have like (dual front facing speakers,4k,near to stock experience, 21mp camera) if you see this days the same phone will come around 30k+ but moto just really made this phone flagship..

I'll just wait for other oneplus model till then moto :)

AsquareX

Mar 18, 2012
Kalyan
Why is it so huge deal the volte ?

Sent from my XT1572 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Currently in India, most of the 4G users are using Reliance Jio as their carrier network. Having VoLTE, one can call via Jio simply by dialing a number from the stock phone app, also you don't need to enable 4G data while calling. If your phone doesn't has VoLTE, you need to install an app for calling and receiving calls via the Jio network. Also you need to keep the data on all the time (which drains a lot of battery) and the app continuously needs to be running in the background.

Aleycat

Nov 21, 2012
Why is it so huge deal the volte ?

Sent from my XT1572 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
What AsquareX said, also:
Long story short, a telecom operator in India has decided to enter the market by offering a year free of 4G LTE with free calling over VoLTE and SMS. The second year around the prices are approximately 1/5th of what I would pay with my regular carrier, which makes it a necessity to have a VoLTE enabled phone. (around 5$ for free calling/SMS and 28GB of 4G Internet per month, in case anyone was wondering)
Here I am sitting with my "Flagship" device while my friends with a Moto G3 and moto X Play already have VoLTE enabled. Lenovo has also released updates for their other mid range phones specifically because of the demand of VoLTE in India.

If you ask me I have a feeling lenovo spitefully decided to drop support for the moto X style thinking that we would buy another moto/lenovo flagship. Jokes on them, this is my last Lenovo/Motorola device for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: NahuelMS

CostasV23

Sep 22, 2013
This is the " proof" screenshot we have . Seems legit tbh

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170403-194324.jpg
    Screenshot_20170403-194324.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 948

Top Liked Posts