[Help]Moto X Style XT1572 Custom roms won't boot

Search This thread

razor17

May 14, 2012
Sangli
Hello,
I recently I unlocked my Moto X Style XT1572 and I have tried 3 different roms, but non of them boot successfully, every rom is just showing boot-animation and won't boot successfully, I have tried crdroid, resurrectionremix, official LineageOS 14.1 and now in my computer device name is XT1575?? and after re installation of few roms, internal storage is wiped automatically, only twrp folder left, all rom zips gone . . . .
Also recently display is changed in service center, I have changed 3 diffrent twrp versions latest twrp had an issue of error status 7 then I changed twrp to twrp-3.0.2-0-clark, I tried to install rom without gapps, but no success, then I tried to install with gapps. . no success at all, just show's boot-animation all time. . . . evey time I flased roms, all time I wiped delvik/art, data, system, cache. . .
Got this error while installing crdroid rom mount: failed to mount /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem at /firmware device or resources busy but rom install successfully but wont boot . . .
Anyone explain whats wrong with my XT1572??

Last edited:

razor17

May 14, 2012
Sangli

s.chetan

Oct 25, 2017
And what if i dont want to take a risk of downgrading to MM is there any other way to do so and are there any roms available or will be available based on N baseband.......please let me know thanks.

Last edited:

ptn107

Feb 10, 2012
Hello,
I recently I unlocked my Moto X Style XT1572 and I have tried 3 different roms, but non of them boot successfully, every rom is just showing boot-animation and won't boot successfully, I have tried crdroid, resurrectionremix, official LineageOS 14.1 and now in my computer device name is XT1575?? and after re installation of few roms, internal storage is wiped automatically, only twrp folder left, all rom zips gone . . . .
Also recently display is changed in service center, I have changed 3 diffrent twrp versions latest twrp had an issue of error status 7 then I changed twrp to twrp-3.0.2-0-clark, I tried to install rom without gapps, but no success, then I tried to install with gapps. . no success at all, just show's boot-animation all time. . . . evey time I flased roms, all time I wiped delvik/art, data, system, cache. . .
Got this error while installing crdroid rom mount: failed to mount /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem at /firmware device or resources busy but rom install successfully but wont boot . . .
Anyone explain whats wrong with my XT1572??

I had that problem when going from stock 7.0 back to Lineage OS 14.1. The issue for me was that the new modem firmware in stock 7.0 stopped the Lineage OS install dead. It looped on the logo indefinitely. Even though Lineage OS is 7.1.2 the included modem firmware was still from marshmallow 6.0. No stock modem firmware is available to fix this yet without a stock flashable 7.0 image (not OTA). To reinstall Lineage OS I had to downgrade from stock 7.0 to stock 6.0 and then reflash Lineage OS 14.1 and OpenGApps.

razor17

May 14, 2012
Sangli
I had that problem when going from stock 7.0 back to Lineage OS 14.1. The issue for me was that the new modem firmware in stock 7.0 stopped the Lineage OS install dead. It looped on the logo indefinitely. Even though Lineage OS is 7.1.2 the included modem firmware was still from marshmallow 6.0. No stock modem firmware is available to fix this yet without a stock flashable 7.0 image (not OTA). To reinstall Lineage OS I had to downgrade from stock 7.0 to stock 6.0 and then reflash Lineage OS 14.1 and OpenGApps.
I have done everything, I flashed stock firmware, everything working good but after hour my phone is completely dead, I have no idea what happened xD

TA1513

Nov 20, 2013
Downgrading from Stock7.0 to Stock6.0 is dangerous as it becomes brick in the future.

Since Motorola does not support downgrading, bootloader will be corrupted after OTA upgrade from 6.0 to 7.0.

Spencervb256

Oct 8, 2016
Downgrading from Stock7.0 to Stock6.0 is dangerous as it becomes brick in the future.

Since Motorola does not support downgrading, bootloader will be corrupted after OTA upgrade from 6.0 to 7.0.
Although it only becomes a brick if you downgrade, then update to ota in the future right? I thought it wasn't dangerous if you were only going the custom ROM route

Andromendous

Feb 15, 2014
You need to downgrade the baseband. From Nougat to MM.
https://xdaforums.com/moto-x-style/general/guide-flashing-stock-firmware-t3637235

fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin (Flash twice, if Prevalidation Error)
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin
@razor17

which one is for USA?

EDIT: I'm guessing I flashed the wrong one, because I cant get any service now.... CLARK_RETUS_6.0_MPHS24.49-18-8_cid9_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml

Last edited:

Andromendous

Feb 15, 2014
Well, finally got Lineage official nighty to boot. Lots of issues though, when I reboot my battery will lose 30% each time, then when it gets to about 20ish percent the phone gets stuck on the bootloader is unlocked screen, holding the power button finally reboots it but then the phone says "no sim installed", I guess this is why I thought I had no service before. Something is real messed up.

ptn107

Feb 10, 2012
Although it only becomes a brick if you downgrade, then update to ota in the future right? I thought it wasn't dangerous if you were only going the custom ROM route

You are correct. It only becomes a problem if you were to re-upgrade to 7 via the official OTA after downgrading stock to stock. I made a twrp backup of the official 7 release for the xt1575 so I will never need to go with an official update ever. You can flash custom roms from 6 to 7 and back again if you wish. This was the last official update anyway.

Erone George

Nov 15, 2017
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Custom rom for moto x style XT1572

Recently i unlocked the bootloader of my XT1572. As same as mentioned above i tried 3 nougat rom. But it failed. Atlast i flashed CM 13 into my phone. It loaded successfully. First it was all fine. But now a days it having some issues. Can anyone please please suggest a stable rom for moto XT1572..........................?

Top Liked Posts