ToastMade Wood Backs

Search This thread

WinDroidGuy

Jun 23, 2012
Seattle
www.youtube.com
I know a lot of people want a wood back, but can't find "official" ones for sale. Here is the next best thing, they are real wood backs that can be replaced whenever or if you want a new look change them out. They use 3M bonding on the back, boy is it strong as ever. They have a few different woods Walnut, Bamboo, White Washed Ash & Ebony.

I got the Bamboo for mine, man it's super nice, it went on smoothly...for the most part, since the wood was a little hard I had to apply a little heat to soften it to bend and bond. Also, if you decide to get it make sure you don't apply it crooked, because the bond is SUPER strong and it's A PITA to remove, you need to apply a lot of heat to soften the adhesive from the device, then peel it off.

I'm super impressed by the quality of the back cover, it's not too thick; but also not too thin. They start at $25 with FREE US shipping, which is nice. International shipping in only $5. If you want to take it a step further & make it more personal, you can get it laser etched with your design and that starts at $5, goes up depending on design.

Here's a few pictures for you guys:

Super Simple Packaging (don't mind the packaging showing an iPhone, they didn't have proper packaging made yet)

qs2ttFr.png

Not Applied

a3dzs95.png

Applied

2qY1dfU.png

Here's an album with a few more images, if you want others please let me know. Also if you have questions please post them here.

Now that you've seen it, you want to get your hands on them...well there's good news, you can get them from ToastMade or if you guys want to get a discount & get multiple we can get something going. They will be mailed directly from them to you, can get 15% OFF or more depending on how many we can put together.

Minimum is 5 orders, which isn't a whole lot. Send me an email or PM here then we can take it from there. If you have other devices, they also do iPhone, iPad, MacBooks etc.

Here's a list of what they currently have for Android devices:

Nexus 4
Moto x
Samsung Galaxy S4
Note 2
Droid Bionic
Sony Xperia Z
HTC One

Soon to launch:
Nexus 5 (next week)
Moto G (weel after)
Note 3 (eventually)

If you'd like to see my other videos, consider subscribing by hitting the image below

Last edited:

dokukinoko

Feb 6, 2013
Thanks for the pics and review.
I might have gone for one of these. I just wish they didn't put their logo on the back. And I am also hesitant about the 3M adhesive part.

WinDroidGuy

Jun 23, 2012
Seattle
www.youtube.com
Looks great! Have you actually taken one off yet? Just wondering if it'll do any damage to the phone when removed.

Edit: I'm getting a 404 when I try your toastmade link

Yea, I tried to take it off initially after I messed up alignment. It was a PITA, but it worked fine.

Thanks for the pics and review.
I might have gone for one of these. I just wish they didn't put their logo on the back. And I am also hesitant about the 3M adhesive part.

Yea, the logo is a bit of a downer. I'll have to talk to them to see about maybe removing it for a small fee? Otherwise it's amazing! The 3M adhesive is super strong & doesn't leave any residue.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

WinDroidGuy

Jun 23, 2012
Seattle
www.youtube.com
I could get us at least 15% OFF, the more orders higher discount. Discount codes won't work until their new site launches, so this is the next best thing.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

trrubicon06

Oct 25, 2011
Do you have the backless bumper case on your phone as well? If so, how is the fit?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got my Toast "walnut" wood back yesterday (took about two days with free shipping), and I love it. Easy to apply, and it looks like the wood-backed Moto X to anyone who doesn't know the difference. ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1391884404643.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391884430691.jpg

Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app
    I know a lot of people want a wood back, but can't find "official" ones for sale. Here is the next best thing, they are real wood backs that can be replaced whenever or if you want a new look change them out. They use 3M bonding on the back, boy is it strong as ever. They have a few different woods Walnut, Bamboo, White Washed Ash & Ebony.

I got the Bamboo for mine, man it's super nice, it went on smoothly...for the most part, since the wood was a little hard I had to apply a little heat to soften it to bend and bond. Also, if you decide to get it make sure you don't apply it crooked, because the bond is SUPER strong and it's A PITA to remove, you need to apply a lot of heat to soften the adhesive from the device, then peel it off.

I'm super impressed by the quality of the back cover, it's not too thick; but also not too thin. They start at $25 with FREE US shipping, which is nice. International shipping in only $5. If you want to take it a step further & make it more personal, you can get it laser etched with your design and that starts at $5, goes up depending on design.

Here's a few pictures for you guys:

Super Simple Packaging (don't mind the packaging showing an iPhone, they didn't have proper packaging made yet)

qs2ttFr.png

Not Applied

a3dzs95.png

Applied

2qY1dfU.png

Here's an album with a few more images, if you want others please let me know. Also if you have questions please post them here.

Now that you've seen it, you want to get your hands on them...well there's good news, you can get them from ToastMade or if you guys want to get a discount & get multiple we can get something going. They will be mailed directly from them to you, can get 15% OFF or more depending on how many we can put together.

Minimum is 5 orders, which isn't a whole lot. Send me an email or PM here then we can take it from there. If you have other devices, they also do iPhone, iPad, MacBooks etc.

Here's a list of what they currently have for Android devices:

Nexus 4
    Moto x
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Note 2
    Droid Bionic
    Sony Xperia Z
    HTC One

Soon to launch:
    Nexus 5 (next week)
    Moto G (weel after)
    Note 3 (eventually)

If you'd like to see my other videos, consider subscribing by hitting the image below

The cover uses very strong 3M adhesive, it's a one time application. Once the adhesive touches anything, it sticks permanently. You pretty much have one chance to install it and if its crooked there is no way to correct it except buying a new one. To remove it, you need to heat it up with hair dryer to a fairly warm temperature, it's easier if you wear gloves and have someone to help you, the adhesive is strong so you may damage/break it in the process. The adhesive residues won't damage the phone back however. You can use alcohol and rub your finger over adhesive residues to remove them.

If you are feeling lucky, you can put a qi charging receiver in between it, but you need a thin one so you won't see the outline. Problem is the thin one I found is only 500mAH so it takes a long time to charge (4hours for the full battery.). Also even with all those layers, NFC still function without problems.
    Please share the photos

Here you go! I'm happy with it!

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Face down...

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app