FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY UNLOCKED] TWRP 2.6.3.1 for Android 4.4 [2013-11-19]

3,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 23,814
 
By Hashcode, Senior Recognized Developer on 20th November 2013, 06:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
ATTENTION: I will be stopping official Safestrap support on 9/1/2014. For more information please see:
https://plus.google.com/111109372727...ts/AtoJ3xLj35b


This is an updated build of TWRP 2.6.3.1 for the Moto X to be used w/ an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER.

CHANGES:
- Full support for Motorola's f2fs changes in android 4.4. (This requires a new patch to TWRP which will be on review shortly)
- Backlight fixed

If you're on the previous TWRP 2.6.3 build and using the Motorola 4.4 update, it's highly recommended that you upgrade your TWRP as there are issues w/ filesystem corruption on the /userdata partition.

TO INSTALL:
Download twrp-2.6.3.1-ghost-4.4.img

Then go into bootloader mode and use the following fastboot command (you need the Motorola fastboot binary for this)

Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.6.3.1-ghost-4.4.img
I tested this on the SuperSU.zip w/o issue (previously it was causing reboots, and general ickyness).

Let me know how it works for you.

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP 2.6.3.1 for Android 4.4, Tool/Utility for the Moto X

Contributors
Hashcode, Dees_Troy

Version Information
Status: Beta
Current Beta Version: 2.6.3.1
Beta Release Date: 2013-11-19

Created 2013-11-20
Last Updated 2014-08-12
The Following 102 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
20th November 2013, 06:59 AM |#2  
alex94kumar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Thanks Meter: 350
 
More
Fantastic! Great work Hash!

Followed the procedure step by step and can confirm this version of TWRP works flawlessly on my VZW Dev edition
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alex94kumar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alex94kumar Ad-Free
20th November 2013, 07:36 AM |#3  
gcarterny's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Once again you come through with the rescue. Thanks!

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
20th November 2013, 07:46 AM |#4  
Jexx11's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Major thanks for this! Quick question, is this "Motorola fastboot binary" the same thing as the mfastboot file that's been posted numerous times on these forums that also allows us to flash the system.img without the file size too big error?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
20th November 2013, 07:52 AM |#5  
alex94kumar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Thanks Meter: 350
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx11

Major thanks for this! Quick question, is this "Motorola fastboot binary" the same thing as the mfastboot file that's been posted numerous times on these forums that also allows us to flash the system.img without the file size too big error?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

Yes it is
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alex94kumar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alex94kumar Ad-Free
20th November 2013, 07:55 AM |#6  
Jexx11's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex94kumar

Yes it is

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
20th November 2013, 07:55 AM |#7  
alex94kumar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Thanks Meter: 350
 
More
No problem
20th November 2013, 08:03 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Kernersville, N.C.
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
I know this is probably a stupid question, but what do we do with the mfastboot binary? Where do I put it? And is it something I need to flash? Thanks in advance!
20th November 2013, 08:22 AM |#9  
Bill Idol's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode

This is an updated build of TWRP 2.6.3.1 for the Moto X to be used w/ an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER.

CHANGES:
- Full support for Motorola's f2fs changes in android 4.4. (This requires a new patch to TWRP which will be on review shortly)
- Backlight fixed

If you're on the previous TWRP 2.6.3 build and using the Motorola 4.4 update, it's highly recommended that you upgrade your TWRP as there are issues w/ filesystem corruption on the /userdata partition.

TO INSTALL:
Download twrp-2.6.3.1-ghost-4.4.img

Then go into bootloader mode and use the following fastboot command (you need the Motorola fastboot binary for this)

Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.6.3.1-ghost-4.4.img
I tested this on the SuperSU.zip w/o issue (previously it was causing reboots, and general ickyness).

Let me know how it works for you.

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP 2.6.3.1 for Android 4.4, a Tool/Utility for the Moto X

Contributors
Hashcode, Dees_Troy

Version Information
Status: Beta
Current Beta Version: 2.6.3.1
Beta Release Date: 2013-11-19

Created 2013-11-20
Last Updated 2013-11-20

So after flashing this and getting TWRP back will this also root my device?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
20th November 2013, 08:41 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Kernersville, N.C.
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG7265

I know this is probably a stupid question, but what do we do with the mfastboot binary? Where do I put it? And is it something I need to flash? Thanks in advance!

Nevermind this post, I figured it out by doing a little more reading. Thanks so much Hashcode for getting this up and running so quickly!
I am now on 4.4, unlocked bl, recovery and rooted, thanks again for making an old man happy! LOL

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Idol

So after flashing this and getting TWRP back will this also root my device?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

Yes you should, when you go into TWRP the first time, and the go to reboot it will ask you if you want to root. I just did it about 5 mins ago and it worked like a charm!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeG7265 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MikeG7265 Ad-Free
20th November 2013, 09:23 AM |#11  
Bill Idol's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Idol

So after flashing this and getting TWRP back will this also root my device?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

Cool, thankyou very much brudda. I will try this tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes