CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the CyanogenMod and Android Open Source Project.
We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonROM GitHub.
We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.
Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.
CM Theme Engine
AOSP & CM Audio features
Slim Extra features like:
Camera Shutter sound,
Safe Headset Volume,
Less frequent notification sounds, etc.
Audio charge notification
Wake Up on Charge
Double Tap to Sleep
Omni Screen Recorder
CM Notification manager
Slim Heads Up Notifications and its features
Weather with custom style
"CarbonFibers" features Menu:
Slim Clock & Date Options
(Portrait, Landscape, Circle, Dotted Circle Text or Hidden)
Mobile & Wifi Network activity icon options
Network traffic monitor
Custom carrier label options
CM custom Navigation Bar tweaked (size/color and other)
Custom Navigation ring
App Circle Side Bar
Clear All Button Tweaks
Hideable Google search bar
Tile Options (Fully customizable)
Quick Setting Options
Quick & Smart Pulldown
Fully CM customization for hard buttons (tweaked)
Omni Wake lock blocker
SuperSU - Huge thanks to @Chainfire
Fully optimized kernel
Kernel code compiled with GCC 5.1 toolchain
1) Make sure you have root and TWRP custom recovery installed. Also make sure you're not on stock 4.4.4. If you're on stock, then follow these instructions(replace the CM12 ROM with the ROM download link given below to flash CarbonROM)(If you're following these instructions, then no need to follow steps 2,3,4 etc. as they all are the same)
CM11 zip: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/get...-M12-ghost.zip
2) Download CarbonROM zip and GApps zip of your choice(5.1.x only!)
3) Reboot to recovery and take a backup of your current ROM.
4) Flash CarbonROM zip and successively the GApps zip package.
5) Wipe cache/dalvik cache x2 times.
6) Reboot phone and voila! Carbon is ready to rock.
Instructions for xt1052 users:
If you're unable to flash the carbon rom zip due to an updater-script error, then follow these instructions(you can view the zip's contents on your phone or on your computer):
1) Open/view the zip package using WinZip, Root explorer or any other computer/phone zip software(open it, don't unzip it!)
2) Go to META-INF/com/google/android. You will see a file named 'updater-script'. Open it with notepad++(or any editor of your choice), and delete the starting lines, so the first line looks like this:
4) Now reboot your phone and voila! Carbon is ready to rock!
Download ROM and GApps:
CarbonROM latest build
Minimal 5.1.x GApps(Use whichever GApps you want)
Thanks to: @JustArchi for his amazing ArchiDroid optimizations
AICP and Davor Bertovic @LorD ClockaN
The whole Carbon Team
Cyanogenmod for their incredible work
Moto X CM kernel sources
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device or at something/someone else related.
Screenshots available in screenshots tab.
CarbonROM, ROM for the Moto X
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader with root and custom recovery installed
Based On: CM | AOKP | SLIM | OMNI
Current Stable Version: 01/06
Stable Release Date: 2015-06-01
Last Updated 2015-06-28