FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [OFFICIAL] [Lollipop 5.1.1] Cyanogenmod 12.1 for Moto X

181 posts
Thanks Meter: 106

By tingljjdehua, Senior Member on 6th January 2015, 10:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
CM12 Official
On Jan 5th an announcement from CyanogenMod official website, The “L” is for Lollipop, stated that the ghost devices are on CM team's top list to release CM12. The first OFFICIAL nightly was released on Jan 5th.

With that said, we can expect that within a month we, the glorious Moto X users, should be able to run OFFICIAL CM12 Lollipop on our device!

Based on Lollipop 5.0.2, CM12 has completed 85% (Jan 6th) for their initial CM12 M release, but overall the nighlies are much more stable and suitable for daily driver at this point.

Please note that before flashing any new CM12, make sure you you have already flashed CM11 in your phone. Here's the complete instruction link if your device bootloops after flashing CM12: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=8

Here is the latest CM11 M12 release: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/get...-M12-ghost.zip

If you need full instructions to flash this rom, please go to MOTO X Q&A. I'm sure there're bunches of posts that can help you out.

Here's the download link:
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=ghost

Gapps:
https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/gap...109-signed.zip

Apr 30th:
Some time around late April, Cyanogen released nightlies based on lollipop 5.1.1

Feb 20th:
Outgoing call bug is fixed. Bluetooth is working. Moto X twist to open Camera is added. For those who want to flash CM12 but are concerned about its stability, now it's time.

Jan 23rd:
For those whose devices won't boot up after flashing, please go to this post for help (credit to ##W4TCHOUT##)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=24
The phone mic is confirmed not working yet, other minor bugs are still expected.
Theme engine is back!

Jan 6th:
Please note that the previous CM11 features, including Theme Engine, Quick Settings reorganization and customization, Sound panel customization, etc., are not implemented yet, but CM team claimed that they are on their way bringing them back to Lollipop.
Snaps are slightly different from the ROM itself because they come from different devices such as Nexus 5 and Nexus 7.

Snapshots:
snapshot1
snapshot2

All credits go to CM team. I myself take no credits from this ROM.
Credits also go to all developers who contributed to Moto X unofficial CM12, it was you guys that brought the first taste of Lollipop to us. Thank you so much!
Flash at your own risks, none of the developers takes legal responsibilities for your potential bricked phone.
The Following 66 Users Say Thank You to tingljjdehua For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tingljjdehua Ad-Free

6th January 2015, 11:28 PM |#2  
Flag Santa catarina
Thanks Meter: 111

More
good working, i am brazilian
The Following User Says Thank You to Tonystarki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tonystarki Ad-Free
6th January 2015, 11:39 PM |#3  
Flag Woodbridge, VA
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I'm getting a bootloop on T-Mobile variant. Anyone else?
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackFang171 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlackFang171 Ad-Free
6th January 2015, 11:57 PM |#4  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFang171

I'm getting a bootloop on T-Mobile variant. Anyone else?

Same here on XT1052, I've succeded to boot it twice, but then I had to reboot due to some weird outputs from the memory that each app was using, then no matter what I've tried I was stuck in a bootloop.
I went back to stock KK with a nandroid backup.

Another weird thing is that I couldn't flash the official ROM with any TWRP on my XT1052, in order to do that I had to delete the first line in the updater script (where it verifies your device identity). Maybe the TWRP is still bugged for my version
7th January 2015, 12:09 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Hey. I am in TWRP 2.8.1.0, is it possible to install it with it? Or what do I have to do?
Thanks!
7th January 2015, 12:11 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
You can avoid bootloops by flashing CM12 over CM11 that has been fully booted at least once. Clean flashes and flashing over pretty much anything else will bootloop.
The Following User Says Thank You to noahsark3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noahsark3 Ad-Free
7th January 2015, 12:16 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Clean install on xt1060 went smooth... almost. Lost root. Posted a question in the Q&A with more details. I do love the ROM though. Been using it for a couple of weeks now.

Sorry, my bad. I forgot it was disabled in the Dev Options.
The Following User Says Thank You to jason111o For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jason111o Ad-Free
7th January 2015, 12:53 AM |#8  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsark3

You can avoid bootloops by flashing CM12 over CM11 that has been fully booted at least once. Clean flashes and flashing over pretty much anything else will bootloop.

Thanks man, starting from stock KitKat I did:
- flashed latest 2.8.0.3 TWRP with fastboot
- booted in recovery (DON'T let the stock ROM to boot)
- factory reset (wipe data + cache + dalvik cache)
- flashed latest CM11 Nightly
- system reboot (let CM11 to do the first boot)
- reboot to recovery
- flashed CM12 Nightly
- double wipe (cache + dalvik cache)
- system reboot

Then the CM12 booted
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to sorcio46 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sorcio46 Ad-Free
7th January 2015, 01:39 AM |#9  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 289

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcio46

Thanks man, starting from stock KitKat I did:
- flashed latest 2.8.0.3 TWRP with fastboot
- booted in recovery (DON'T let the stock ROM to boot)
- factory reset (wipe data + cache + dalvik cache)
- flashed latest CM11 Nightly
- system reboot (let CM11 to do the first boot)
- reboot to recovery
- flashed CM12 Nightly
- double wipe (cache + dalvik cache)
- system reboot

Then the CM12 booted

Too much work. I'll wait for a ROM that can boot without all that crap

EDIT:
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the Android version is 5.0.2, not 5.0.1: http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/01...elect-devices/
7th January 2015, 02:04 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Can I install cm directly on TWRP 2.8.1.0?

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app
7th January 2015, 02:41 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 170

More
It's based off of 5.0.2, not 5.0.1. The initial post was a typ-o. Also, my quick settings looks different than the one pictured...anyone else?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm12, ghost, lollipop 5.0.1, motox

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)