[CLOSED][ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13 For Moto X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Summer Son

Jun 26, 2012
Is it worth it to still use the last CM nightlies or should I go and use Lineage OS?

Officially, if you're not doing the clean flash after system format, you have to flash first "experimental" build that will migrate all your data and only afterwards you can flash nightlies.
Since we don't have official nightlies yet, there's no "experimental" build. So I suggest to wait and in the meantime run latest CM nightly. Or a clean flash of LineageOS.

Warren_Orange

Jun 2, 2011
Thanks.

I'm running CM13 28/12 but battery life could be better. I do have a full up sdcard of stuff I don't need so I'm going to do a full wipe then clean flash 28\12 again and see how I fair.

riyosakura

Dec 29, 2012
Banda Aceh
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Is it worth it to still use the last CM nightlies or should I go and use Lineage OS?
in my case, i need to update my gapps, thus when i flashed gapps, i flashed the latest ROM available. and LOS, is the latest ROM for Moto X atm.
i'm not feeling its any better from the official CM, it just the same taste. is it any better than the official CM? i doubt to say so, but it is as stable as the official CM.
Officially, if you're not doing the clean flash after system format, you have to flash first "experimental" build that will migrate all your data and only afterwards you can flash nightlies.
Since we don't have official nightlies yet, there's no "experimental" build. So I suggest to wait and in the meantime run latest CM nightly. Or a clean flash of LineageOS.
from my experience i dont need to flash any experimental build after system format. And i'm always format my system partition when im going to update my CM. And it is the same case when im updating from CM to LOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

First of all i wanna thanks @intervigil aka Ethan Chen who is currently developing cm13 for our ghost and side by side i am also contributing to CM ...so all should be thankful to him :D

When coming from any other ROM, you must do a factory reset / clean flash.

The first boot can take a very long time. Don't assume that it is a bad flash, boot loop, etc. until it has sat for at least 5 minutes.

Links

ROM: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=ghost
    GAPPS: opengapps.org
    PROTIP: Be sure to flash gapps at the same time you flash the rom. If you boot into cm-13.0 without gapps and attempt to flash them later, you're going to have a bad time

Working Stuff
    SIM
    Phone Calls
    Text Messaging
    Mobile Data
    Sensors
    WLAN
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    USB / USB-OTG
    Doze mode
    NFC
    Tethering

Known Issues
    2G/3G Switch
    Video Recording
    Flashlight Turns off after few seconds [WIP]
    Screencast Doesnt record screen [ Need Updated Media Codecs] [WIP]
    At 0% while Charging The Screen gets stuck at bootlogo
    Crazy/Inverted Colour While Playing Video Through Instagram

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13 For Moto X [12/2/16], ROM for the Moto X

Contributors
    Megatron007 , intervigil , @zwliew
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_motorola_ghost

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-02-12
    Last Updated 2016-02-12
    HELLO , I am back :p

Here is the new build , cm-13.0-20160906-UNOFFICIAL-ghost.zip

In this build Screencast/Snapchat Encoder has been fixed and torch is also been fixed (not cm11 app) Thanks to @intervigil and @Flyhalf205 Enjoy :)

Now CM13 is almost stable I can say :)

Now you guys must having when will cm14 arrived , it will be soon i have already started working on it and is stuck at some mount problems while booting you guys will able to enjoy nougat soon :)
    New Build cm-13.0-20160322-UNOFFICIAL-ghost.zip

-Time reset has been fixed after reboot ,
    -While charging at 0% stucked at bootlogo has been fixed
    -Drop from 15 to 5% has been fixed
    -Rotation Fixed

-Many upstream changes from CM
    Update [16/2/16]

New Build , cm-13.0-20160216-UNOFFICIAL-ghost.zip

Changelogs -

Fixed Video Recording Bug With Snapdragon Camera
    Inverted /Crazy Video Has been fixed due to updated media codecs by @zwliew and @TeamMex
    Sync With latest Cyanogenmod 13
    Included all device specific patches which merged in device tree

Enjoy :)
    Thanks to all my tester - Adriano Martins , Atharva Lele , Yacob , Amar Krishna And Many More :D :)