[XPOSED] MotoXposed 0.6 - Hide carrier, center clock, quick settings, etc

Search This thread

jmcharles

Jun 15, 2010
I cannot get this to stick at all. I installed the framework, installed the app, applied changes, rebooted, and nothing.

Speed is life. More is better.

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
I cannot get this to stick at all. I installed the framework, installed the app, applied changes, rebooted, and nothing.

Taking a shot at this as I had to unlock my boot loader to root, crap wish I had waited, anyways it looks like you need to boot into recovery with jcases new root method for the system to have r/w permissions.

Sent on my Moto X

Slusho

Apr 24, 2012
Installed GravityBox and Advanced Power Menu, and now I'm very happy. Only things I can think of that are missing are swiping status bar to change brightness, being able to pull up anywhere in notification drawer (although it works in the quick settings), clock/calendar links in notification drawer (instead of date/time settings), and I can't figure out how to rearrange quick settings icons added by GravityBox.

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
Installed GravityBox and Advanced Power Menu, and now I'm very happy. Only things I can think of that are missing are swiping status bar to change brightness, being able to pull up anywhere in notification drawer (although it works in the quick settings), clock/calendar links in notification drawer (instead of date/time settings), and I can't figure out how to rearrange quick settings icons added by GravityBox.

I have been looking for the brightness slider with no luck, gravity box you can not switch around quick setting tiles but I believe it can be done through motoxposed module

Sent on my Moto X

jmcharles

Jun 15, 2010
Taking a shot at this as I had to unlock my boot loader to root, crap wish I had waited, anyways it looks like you need to boot into recovery with jcases new root method for the system to have r/w permissions.

Sent on my Moto X

I had already done this, and just to be certain I ran the command in terminal to check and it came back with a '0', which means it had r/w.

mj0528

Feb 10, 2011
Austin, Tx
Never mind, forgot to make it active.

I can't this to work at all. I've installed it in recovery mode with the framework. I never see the changes in recovery or regular boot mode. What am I missing?

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

mbh87

Jun 16, 2010
Idaho
gravitybox has the advanced power menu option too so having both isnt necessary.

kornklown69

Jan 21, 2011
Springfield, Missouri
works great on my at&t moto everyone on at&t having troubles needs to do it like this

1 . boot into recovery
2 . install framework app, install framework
3. turn off phone
4. boot into recovery
5 . install motoxpose app, notification in drawer should pop up to activate motoxposed framework
6. activate motoxposed
7.make changes
8.reboot
9.profit

Last edited:
Reactions: thepolishguy

murso74

Oct 30, 2010
works great on my at&t moto everyone on at&t having troubles needs to do it like this

1 . boot into recovery
2 . install framework app, install framework
3. turn off phone
4. boot into recovery
5 . install motoxpose app, notification in drawer should pop up to activate motoxposed framework
6. activate motoxposed
7.make changes
8.reboot
9.profit

I feel like I've done exactly that, but no joy.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

phositadc

May 7, 2010
So those of you who said exposed makes the phone lag.... Do you still feel that way now that we have r/w access?

Sent from my Nexus 7

jmcharles

Jun 15, 2010
For those of you having trouble getting this to stick, did you make sure to place a check in the box for Motoxposed under Modules in the Xposed Installer? I had not done this, and when I tried it this time it worked! I also did the process mentioned a few posts back, where he rebooted into recovery after each step, instead of doing all of it at once.

Reactions: murso74

murso74

Oct 30, 2010
For those of you having trouble getting this to stick, did you make sure to place a check in the box for Motoxposed under Modules in the Xposed Installer? I had not done this, and when I tried it this time it worked! I also did the process mentioned a few posts back, where he rebooted into recovery after each step, instead of doing all of it at once.

That did it

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

gitman0

Mar 20, 2011
I am having problems with setting the tiles - it seems that there is a default set (which does not match stock), and when I attempt to add more, they just disappear when I go back into that menu.

Anyone else having the same experience with setting tiles?

basedboii

May 27, 2010
Does anybody know how to hide carrier in status bar without using this module??

Sent on my Flamed up Moto X

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This requires a rooted device.

Current functionality:
    - Hide carrier label in status bar (on by default)
    - Clock customization (center, day of the week, am/pm)
    - Navigation bar color
    - Custom battery style
    - Custom quick settings configuration, added Rotation/GPS tiles
    - Remove background gradient

Download from Play Store
    Please reboot once after installing or upgrading for changes to take effect.

Installation:
    Install the latest Xposed framework (3.0+) from http://dl.xposed.info/latest.apk
    Install MotoXposed and enable it
    Reboot once for settings to take effect

Thanks to rovo89 for Xposed (XDA thread)

gnxb.png
    6m60.png
    Is there a certain order I should do things? Cant seem to get it to work on Rooted VZW Moto X. Should I set the settings first then to the soft reboot or do the soft reboot then set the settings? Sorry Im a bit confused.

Install xposed framework first, install it and reboot, now you install motoxposed and open xposed framework app and under modules check off motoxposed and reboot, now open motoxposed app and apply your settings and reboot again

Sent on my Moto X
    GravityBox[KK] has similar (or better) customization abilities as MotoXposed and it works on KitKat. It can be installed thru the Xposed framework, or from http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.ceco.kitkat.gravitybox.
    Sorry about this, im comming from samsung device so im kinda lost on moto x, but how i can boot into recovery, I already try from fastboot but show me an blank screen, is there another way to do it? Thanks

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

Power your phone off and turn it back on while holding volume down. That'll get you into the bootloader. From there, just hit volume down to highlight recovery, and volume up to select it. The phone will boot back up into a version of Android that has /system write protection disabled, allowing you to make your changes.
    0.4 has been pushed, added some quick settings options.