Dropped my X in the tub full of water

Search This thread

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
I dropped my moto x in the tub last night, grabbed it out quickly and not a thing happened to it.
It didn't even drop/disconnect the call.
I pulled off the the case, dried them both off and good to go.

Bad @$$

Yeah the nano coating is bad ass you can watch videos on you tube of people recording video underwater. The only issue if you can call it that is the speaker doesn't work till it dries out.

iaminflames

Jul 11, 2010
findlay
Yea from what I've seen and read these phones are basically water resistant they just aren't advertised that way.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Probably not as the S5. The commercial gets me every time like wtf? How does it survive? lol glad your X lives on bro!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

TCPDump

May 26, 2014
Central US
The Moto X is, in most cases, essentially waterproof. The phones undergo a process in manufacturing that makes the inside and outside of the phone water repellent. I regularly put my Moto X in glasses of water, the sink, bathtub, etc. to show off it's capabilities to iPhone fan boys. I would say over its life my Moto X has spent upwards of 3-4 hours fully submerged in water.

d4jerry

Nov 27, 2010
so the other day my phone simply would not turn on..I do not recall any water damage occurring but it definitely is a possibility. I am nervous to send it back to verizon, however, in case they will charge me $300 for the replacement when I could get a similar one off of ebay for around $200. Does anyone know how I could check for water damage? Or where the indicator strips are? any info would be greatly appreciated

wctaylor79

Mar 11, 2010
mine went in the pool today.. not looking good, but time will tell.. been in rice for a bit.. got theback cover off easy and dried it out.. sure hope it will survive.. when i realized and got out of the water it was still on then buzzed and that was it.. will see.

d4jerry

Nov 27, 2010
mine went in the pool today.. not looking good, but time will tell.. been in rice for a bit.. got theback cover off easy and dried it out.. sure hope it will survive.. when i realized and got out of the water it was still on then buzzed and that was it.. will see.

When you removed the back cover did you see any water damage indicator strips?

wctaylor79

Mar 11, 2010
When you removed the back cover did you see any water damage indicator strips?

Nothing right below the cover that I saw for water damage indication... probably has hidden else where in the phone... all night left to dry... got the green light to come on when connected to charger.. but phone still paperweight... :(

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
I'm confused. One shows off his moto X by dropping in a glass of water and one breaks his while swimming in a pool. I call bs, who's lying here? lol

Sent From My Motorola Flagship!

wctaylor79

Mar 11, 2010
went into the pool sunday so going on two days and still won't come on.. been in rice since sunday afternoon.. tried to charge and got the green light to come on , but then it flickers a second and fades out.. tried leaving plugged in for a bit.. still paperweight..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I dropped my moto x in the tub last night, grabbed it out quickly and not a thing happened to it.
    It didn't even drop/disconnect the call.
    I pulled off the the case, dried them both off and good to go.

Bad @$$
    The Moto X is, in most cases, essentially waterproof. The phones undergo a process in manufacturing that makes the inside and outside of the phone water repellent. I regularly put my Moto X in glasses of water, the sink, bathtub, etc. to show off it's capabilities to iPhone fan boys. I would say over its life my Moto X has spent upwards of 3-4 hours fully submerged in water.
    For real! whoa! :eek: thats amazing!

will try it out later!

nah!
    Everyone let's try it!

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk