FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Enable Moto X Charging LED (without Tasker)

818 posts
Thanks Meter: 237

By fury683, Senior Member on 8th January 2014, 10:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Well there was a thread that was going, but the OP decided to post warez links and it got closed. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2601850

I made an app with Tasker App Factory that does what the original post explains in a video (http://m.androidauthority.com/moto-x...cation-331710/), for those that don't have/want Tasker.

This is the first time I've shared anything that I've made in Tasker, and I can't say why it has some of the permissions it does, honestly. If anyone cna elaborate on why it does has those default permissions, that'd be great.

DISCLAIMER: As I stated above, this is my first app. I tested it on my Verizon Moto Maker edition Moto X that is rooted on 4.4. I take no responsibility for what happens to your phone or anything you do with this app. It worked fine for me, but I make no promises it will work for you.

Latest Version: https://copy.com/uUWpwXnGdJXpPIC
- Latest one adds in a few more options for how the light is displayed, and a brightness setting.

Original Version: https://copy.com/9w9TlRH2yt3L3BC

Install, run, and accept the root request (root is needed for the shell command, just as it is in the Tasker profile). It will also run the command when you boot, and starts working a few seconds after the phone turns on.

Note: If you decide you don't like it and uninstall the app, you will probably need to reboot after uninstalling to disable the LED.

Hopefully someone finds this useful. I personally don't care for it, but I like making stuff in Tasker and thought I'd give it a shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-09-10-47-03.png
Views:	6109
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	2504734  
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to fury683 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fury683 Ad-Free

9th January 2014, 02:33 AM |#2  
Orlando
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I just installed this. It works very well, thank you.
9th January 2014, 05:34 AM |#3  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 328

More
Installed and works. But isnt it supposed to switch off the light once the phone is charged?

Running on AT&T XT1058 KK
9th January 2014, 02:26 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag MSP

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudh412

Installed and works. But isnt it supposed to switch off the light once the phone is charged?

Running on AT&T XT1058 KK

It is set to display the LED when it is charging or full. When I get a few minutes I can update with other options.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fury683 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fury683 Ad-Free
9th January 2014, 03:00 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag MSP

Donate to Me
More
I updated OP with a new link, newer version with more options.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fury683 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fury683 Ad-Free
9th January 2014, 06:03 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
very cool! Thanks!!!! Seems to be working just fine.

If you plan to add anything, a slow fade on and off would be a nice addition as well!
9th January 2014, 07:40 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag MSP

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoares01

very cool! Thanks!!!! Seems to be working just fine.

If you plan to add anything, a slow fade on and off would be a nice addition as well!

I don't know of a way to change the behavior of the LED other than what's there. It can only do things defined by the system software at this point. If anything else becomes available, I'll see about updating it.
The Following User Says Thank You to fury683 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fury683 Ad-Free
9th January 2014, 08:25 PM |#8  
Flag Brasília
Thanks Meter: 1,189

More
Why does it need the permission to unlock the device?
9th January 2014, 08:40 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag MSP

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKTaiL

Why does it need the permission to unlock the device?

I have no idea. I referenced it in the first post. Tasker seems to have that for all apps and I couldn't remove it. I have a lock screen PIN on my phone and it is not disabled by the app.
The Following User Says Thank You to fury683 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fury683 Ad-Free
9th January 2014, 08:43 PM |#10  
Flag Brasília
Thanks Meter: 1,189

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fury683

I have no idea. I referenced it in the first post. Tasker seems to have that for all apps and I couldn't remove it. I have a lock screen PIN on my phone and it is not disabled by the app.

Thanks, the app works great.

Enviado de meu XT1058 usando Tapatalk
9th January 2014, 09:05 PM |#11  
Flag Porto Algre
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Rooted?
hello dude! Nice job,
Are necessary to be root to do this app work?
Thank You.
The Following User Says Thank You to Josoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Josoe Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)