FORUMS

Now Available: BL Unlock for Moto Devices (Read This!!!)

2,097 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,911

By samwathegreat, Senior Member on 26th July 2014, 06:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
DAN ROSENBERG HAS FOUND AN EXPLOIT TO UNLOCK THE MOTO X (AND OTHER DEVICES) BOOTLOADER!!!

Will he release it? Your guess is as good as mine...

Confirmed by jcase! BL Unlock coming soon to Moto! ***DON'T UPDATE YOUR DEVICES*** HOLD OFF ON ANY AND ALL OTAs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase

Motorola support is yet to be added to the version on the site, stay tuned (and dont update your phones)

Moto Support coming soon to the "Sunshine" unlock app.

EDIT 9/22/14: Unlock now available for Droid Maxx, Mini, Ultra, and THE MOTO X!!!

Find the tool at http://theroot.ninja

Cost is $25 per device. Works on 4.4.3 and BELOW, and *some* 4.4.4. You have to try the app to find out. You do NOT pay unless the tool confirms compatibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcHoFiiVe

AN EXPLOIT HAS BEEN FOUND BY DAN ROSENBERG EVERYONE.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcHoFiiVe

He officially unveiled it at the Black Hat conference

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

AMAZING NEWS!!! Thanks!!!!! I'm researching this now, and will post here as soon as more info is found. THANK YOU FOR THE HEADS UP!!!!!

EDIT: Confirmation posted to REDDIT, HERE: http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2csyiq/

The Following 49 Users Say Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift samwathegreat Ad-Free
26th July 2014, 07:05 AM |#2  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 125

More
I would like to emphasize that any of the codes given cannot be linked to any personal information. This is only for data collection purposes and only Sam and myself are the only ones who have access to the codes right now. If you have any questions about what we're doing, please ask! ^_^
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Verttex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Verttex Ad-Free
26th July 2014, 05:52 PM |#3  
Flag Renton, WA
Thanks Meter: 141

More
This is a great idea.... I have a late 2013 VZW Moto x, and if your methods prove true then we can start unlocking out moto x's for free!
26th July 2014, 06:14 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Anyone know what his email was that he sent the tokens from? I'm trying to find what mine was but I can't find any searchable keywords since I'm pretty sure he just sent the codes in the message and nothing else...
26th July 2014, 06:34 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oeusr

Anyone know what his email was that he sent the tokens from? I'm trying to find what mine was but I can't find any searchable keywords since I'm pretty sure he just sent the codes in the message and nothing else...

You can search for: 陈阳春 OR [email protected] OR your IMEI (he included the IMEI in every message he sent to people)

That should easily pop it up for you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift samwathegreat Ad-Free
26th July 2014, 06:56 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
If this hypothesis proves correct then it stands to reason even 2013 builds would again have a chance at getting an unlocked bootloader that missed the first go-around! 😀 I paid for mine 5/27, the day he shut down! 😢
EDIT: typo on date above - meant 3/27

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to duwest For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift duwest Ad-Free
26th July 2014, 07:31 PM |#7  
Flag Ciudad de México
Thanks Meter: 25

More
If i received my code from Motorola, are you interested in it? I have a XT1058 from telcel (Mexican).

Sent from my Moto X using XDA Free mobile app
26th July 2014, 07:34 PM |#8  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by perri.etb

If i received my code from Motorola, are you interested in it? I have a XT1058 from telcel (Mexican).

We are interested in any Boot loader unlock codes. From the Middleman or Motorola.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Verttex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Verttex Ad-Free
26th July 2014, 07:35 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by perri.etb

Yes!! (see quote):

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

Third, I decided it would also be useful to add information from those who unlocked through "official" means - Moto's official unlock website, as well.

If you have unlocked your bootloader -- through the Official Moto Unlock website, OR through the China Middleman, we need your help!!!!

And thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift samwathegreat Ad-Free
26th July 2014, 07:42 PM |#10  
Flag Ciudad de México
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dier325

We are interested in any Boot loader unlock codes. From the Middleman or Motorola.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

My bad. I thought it was just a spreadsheet so I didn't open it before posting.

There you go.
26th July 2014, 07:48 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I just added my info to the list. I checked my build date on the box and on the Barcode screen in the bootloader and they don't match. The Barcode screen shows 2-10-14 but my box says 2-12-14. Is that normal?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)