Thanks Meter: 20

By whatnow275, Senior Member on 22nd February 2014, 05:34 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
23rd February 2014, 04:57 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 333

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teksu

Users report that xposed will survive a soft reboot, so theres that...

Right, but it doesn't help with things like AdAway.

23rd February 2014, 06:50 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbluhm

All those that I have seen report keeping root later said that they lost R/W access, which makes having root useless.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Xposed with all its modules including Moto tether + TiBu is useless? I'm using adfree and it seems to work as well. All you have to do is soft reboot and viola!
23rd February 2014, 10:02 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayze23

Xposed with all its modules including Moto tether + TiBu is useless? I'm using adfree and it seems to work as well. All you have to do is soft reboot and viola!

I second that, all is well on rooted 442 locked vzw
The Following User Says Thank You to ConstantHero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ConstantHero Ad-Free
24th February 2014, 12:18 AM |#14  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 962

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teksu

Users report that xposed will survive a soft reboot, so theres that...

It's hit or miss when it sticks. It's a bummer

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
25th February 2014, 02:02 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
safestrap ROM of 164.55.2?
So is there any interest in creating a rooted safestrap ROM of 164.55.2 (i.e. similar to the previous 4.4 release: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/108826-ro...140455-kitkat/ )

Or does 4.4.2 break the ability to do Recovery boot -> R/W system access? (which the current safestrap 4.4 ROM still relies on to write to system)
The Following User Says Thank You to mpkrcl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mpkrcl Ad-Free
25th February 2014, 02:10 AM |#16  
Flag Olympia
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So if I root now (4.4.0) and take the ota to 4.4.2 , will I be able to keep the root? I don't necessarily need it, I would just like TB and X-Posed. Bit scared of loosing the warranty on this phone though.
25th February 2014, 04:35 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTinker

So if I root now (4.4.0) and take the ota to 4.4.2 , will I be able to keep the root? I don't necessarily need it, I would just like TB and X-Posed. Bit scared of loosing the warranty on this phone though.

It worked for me. The only setback from 4.4 root is that if you hard reboot you'll need to install Xposed framework and soft reboot to get it to stick. So worst case is you have to reboot twice if you do a hard reboot. TiBu works regardless.

If you worried about the warranty then you shouldn't root the non dev edition.
25th February 2014, 05:21 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 210

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbluhm

All those that I have seen report keeping root later said that they lost R/W access, which makes having root useless.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Are you referring only to those that used MotoPwnNoMo? Or does this apply to all rooted users?
25th February 2014, 09:47 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhizzat

Are you referring only to those that used MotoPwnNoMo? Or does this apply to all rooted users?

Not sure, they're not usually specific from what I've seen. I just recall reading "I got lucky, root stuck!" followed later by "ah crap, write protection is enabled".

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
25th February 2014, 02:37 PM |#20  
Flag Alpharetta, GA
Thanks Meter: 264

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpkrcl

So is there any interest in creating a rooted safestrap ROM of 164.55.2 (i.e. similar to the previous 4.4 release: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/108826-ro...140455-kitkat/ )

Or does 4.4.2 break the ability to do Recovery boot -> R/W system access? (which the current safestrap 4.4 ROM still relies on to write to system)

This would, I think, be the ideal solution.
1st March 2014, 04:57 AM |#21  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I keep getting the "update to the new software message." how do I get this to stop showing up? Obviously, I don't want to install if I'm going to lose root but that message is Obnoxious.

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread