194 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By whatnow275, Senior Member on 22nd February 2014, 05:34 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
1st March 2014, 04:57 AM |#21  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I keep getting the "update to the new software message." how do I get this to stop showing up? Obviously, I don't want to install if I'm going to lose root but that message is Obnoxious.

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

1st March 2014, 05:03 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicahll

I keep getting the "update to the new software message." how do I get this to stop showing up? Obviously, I don't want to install if I'm going to lose root but that message is Obnoxious.

Freeze "Motorola OTA 1.0" with Titanium Backup.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kbluhm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kbluhm Ad-Free
1st March 2014, 05:05 AM |#23  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicahll

Thanks so much!! Seems so obvious. Derp.

1st March 2014, 11:59 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 627

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayze23

It worked for me. The only setback from 4.4 root is that if you hard reboot you'll need install Xposed framework and soft reboot to get it to stick. So worst case is you have to reboot twice if you do a hard reboot. TiBu works regardless.

If you worried about the warranty then you shouldn't root the non dev edition.

What was your process when upgrading? Disable xposed, accept ota, then re-enable xposed? Assuming that you did not remove any apps?

1st March 2014, 12:30 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco23

What was your process when upgrading? Disable xposed, accept ota, then re-enable xposed? Assuming that you did not remove any apps?

Yes, that's exactly what I did. I uninstalled xposed, unfroze the bloat, root survival checked and took the ota.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mayze23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mayze23 Ad-Free
1st March 2014, 02:15 PM |#26  
Keep in mind, that since you can't downgrade your ROM version once on 4.4.2, your best chance for root on 4.4.2 with locked bootloader is to stay on 4.4 and wait to see what happens.
1st March 2014, 03:12 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 1,242

More
OTA app frozen on my devices now. Thank you for spelling out this obvious step.

I wonder if a device that is rolled back (RSD) will ota to 4.4 or 4.4.2... I would think this may provide a path back to 4.4 for someone that takes the 4.4.2 OTA and decides the prefer 4.4.

I'm also wondering if OTG is fixed on 4.4.2 (works on GS4 4.4.2 TW).
1st March 2014, 03:48 PM |#28  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwatmyself

OTA app frozen on my devices now. Thank you for spelling out this obvious step.

I wonder if a device that is rolled back (RSD) will ota to 4.4 or 4.4.2... I would think this may provide a path back to 4.4 for someone that takes the 4.4.2 OTA and decides the prefer 4.4.

I'm also wondering if OTG is fixed on 4.4.2 (works on GS4 4.4.2 TW).

YOU CAN NOT DOWNGRADE From 4.4.2 to 4.4 or below. It will brick the device. There is a big thread about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KidJoe Ad-Free
1st March 2014, 04:23 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
OTA root survived
Good morning all. Mistakingly I accepted OTA for 4.4.2. I was sidetracked by my little one. Motox VZ, stock rooted. Somehow root survived. First boot appeared all was lost however upon second boot it was back. WiFi tether testested, root checker and tibu all work. Whew, got lucky. I don't think most have been so lucky.
1st March 2014, 04:32 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmmurphy

Good morning all. Mistakingly I accepted OTA for 4.4.2. I was sidetracked by my little one. Motox VZ, stock rooted. Somehow root survived. First boot appeared all was lost however upon second boot it was back. WiFi tether testested, root checker and tibu all work. Whew, got lucky. I don't think most have been so lucky.

Everyone has been "so lucky." It's not like the software update has some subjective process to it.

Everyone retains root with this upgrade, they just lose R/W to /system, which substantially impacts the usefulness of root.
1st March 2014, 06:56 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I was just reporting my out come. No need to be smug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binary visions

Everyone has been "so lucky." It's not like the software update has some subjective process to it.

Everyone retains root with this upgrade, they just lose R/W to /system, which substantially impacts the usefulness of root.

The Following User Says Thank You to gmmurphy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gmmurphy Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread