X+1 specs all but confirmed

Search This thread

xd1936

Dec 4, 2006
Google Pixel 7
Apparently a Brazilian retailer leaked the specs of the X+1. What do you guys think? Personally I would liked to have seen a slightly smaller screen.

http://www.examiner.com/article/motorola-moto-x-1-specifications-outed-by-brazilian-retailer

These leaks definitely seem to be getting louder. I too am really bummed about the screen. What will be a good upgrade path for the current Moto X users who want the same form factor in a year or two? The market definitely doesn't seem to want Moto X-sized phones... Which is a real shame.

Restola

Dec 4, 2010
Michigan
The page said at the bottom 'confirm specs prior to launch' or some such thing. It's a placeholder page the sleezy click-bait sites are posting.

Rattles

Nov 14, 2011
These leaks definitely seem to be getting louder. I too am really bummed about the screen. What will be a good upgrade path for the current Moto X users who want the same form factor in a year or two? The market definitely doesn't seem to want Moto X-sized phones... Which is a real shame.

i really hope that if this turns out to be true, one of the other companies will step in and come up with a great 4.7" device.

Reactions: vikramkhalsa

brett_day

Yeah to me the 4.7-inch screen size is perfect. 5.2-inch is so weird....just a little too big for those that want a smaller phone, just a little too small for those that want a bigger screened phone. Otherwise the specs are pretty nice. If they can keep the price low enough though they will have a solid phone on their hands.

devilsdouble

Nov 26, 2013
New Delhi
Oh for God's sake 5.2", really? Just have to go with the nonsense trend Moto? I hope the phone will not be bigger by more than 5-6% than the current one, but as I see it's not gonna happen!

Reactions: freak4dell

trentonmc24

Jul 16, 2013

The market does want Moto X sized phones, but manufacturers don't. Bigger phones are cheaper to make more powerful, so the flagship phones will always be the biggest. The market wasn't given a choice, if you wanted a flagship you had to buy the biggest phone.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Free mobile app

DaRkRhiNe

Mar 18, 2013
Mumbai
I am hoping all these leaks are not of Moto X+1 but of some other phone (eg. Droid..) and Motorola is purposely allow these leaks to keep the all these parapazzi away from the ACTUAL Moto X+1. It would be so awesome

zed011

Jan 18, 2011
Would be amazing to see a 4.7" screen at 1080p. Would be the first of its kind I believe. I don't recall any phone offering 1080p resolution below a 5" screen phone.

mawells787

Feb 27, 2011
New York
I just don't get the trend of having a 5" phone. Its not natural to hold in your hand. I'm just happy the moto x is such a great phone, I just don't feel the need to upgrade.

Reactions: freak4dell

SymbioticGenius

Aug 24, 2012
I'm not too concerned. They mentioned smaller bezels and there is more than enough bezel at the top of the x to keep a similar size and enlarge the screen. I'm more interested to see what else they improve and if they release it for a price that reflects it's specs or price it based on its competition with better specs again

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
I look at my Nexus 7 2012 and then look at my Moto X.. What a difference.

The colors are so much more vivid on my X. It amazes me every time.. Makes working on my tablet "not fun" to see those drab colors, especially, when I know I have another device that has much better colors..

I am excited to see what the new screens look like. I don't think that .3 is going to make that much of a difference with most people.

Top Liked Posts