FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

X Dev Edition now $549.. Recently pay $649??

531 posts
Thanks Meter: 152

Post Reply Email Thread
I bought my VZW Dev edition on 10/29 for $649 (700 after shipping an all that). Just got off a chat where I asked if I could get a credit. They offered a $100 coupon to be spent in their online store. It's better than nothing so while I can't tell you how far back they'll go, it's worth a try.

Edit: sorry, Moto X Dev edition

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

8th November 2013, 03:16 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooke356

I bought my VZW Dev edition on 10/29 for $649 (700 after shipping an all that). Just got off a chat where I asked if I could get a credit. They offered a $100 coupon to be spent in their online store. It's better than nothing so while I can't tell you how far back they'll go, it's worth a try.

Posted in the Dev Edition is out thread...

Ordered mine Tuesday night.. Called last night. They first offered me a $100 google play card. Then a $100 accessories.. A supervisor was checking on other options and will call me back. If I don't hear by when I get home tonight, I'm going to call and take them up on the accessories deal.
8th November 2013, 03:40 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 209

More
Quote:

Same situation. I don't want the accessory coupon so I'll re-order at the new price and return the first device when the second one arrives. Just need to call to verify that there's no restocking fee.
The Following User Says Thank You to chaoslimits For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chaoslimits Ad-Free
8th November 2013, 04:09 PM |#4  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Bought mine on oct 14. Think I could get the gift card or something?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
8th November 2013, 04:36 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RorixRebel

Bought mine on oct 14. Think I could get the gift card or something?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Worth a try. I can see them putting a month limit on it.

8th November 2013, 04:40 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoslimits

Same situation. I don't want the accessory coupon so I'll re-order at the new price and return the first device when the second one arrives. Just need to call to verify that there's no restocking fee.

I wasn't too excited about it myself but then again, having the device for a week and actually purchasing it 10/29, I'm just glad I got something. She even made sure to tell me that I can't use the credit towards any accessory that is specifically for the Dev edition. No clue what can be purchased specifically for the Dev edition but the only thing I actually want is the car dock so that's better then nothing.

8th November 2013, 04:53 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

I wasn't too excited about it myself but then again, having the device for a week and actually purchasing it 10/29, I'm just glad I got something. She even made sure to tell me that I can't use the credit towards any accessory that is specifically for the Dev edition. No clue what can be purchased specifically for the Dev edition but the only thing I actually want is the car dock so that's better then nothing.

Yeah that makes sense. If it was less of a difference I'd take the credit (which iirc only lasts 30 days). I'll probably buy the car dock from Amazon or something. Only thing that sucks is that I'll have to pay for the return shipping ($10 for FedEx ground).

Edit: You can ask for a free shipping label but you have to wait 24 hours. With the shipping label, the savings are $107 for me (tax).
8th November 2013, 05:16 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I bought the T-Mobile version on 11-5-13 for $600 and it is now $500. I called and asked for a refund on the difference and they offered me a $100 credit for accessories. After refusing they offered me a $100 visa gift card, which is what I took. It takes 4-6 weeks to arrive however.
8th November 2013, 05:43 PM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by fictionoid

I bought the T-Mobile version on 11-5-13 for $600 and it is now $500. I called and asked for a refund on the difference and they offered me a $100 credit for accessories. After refusing they offered me a $100 visa gift card, which is what I took. It takes 4-6 weeks to arrive however.

Was that Moto that offered the Visa gift card? or T-Mobile?
8th November 2013, 05:45 PM |#10  

More
Anyone see a couple $1 charges on their card statements? In addition to the phone price (also with 10 cent bump).
8th November 2013, 05:49 PM |#11  
Flag Freehold, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Same thing here I'm returning mine

MOTO X GSM DEV
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)